Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone get a beta key yet?

bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190
Hey I know they said bet was spose to start today.. anyone get a key yet?

Comments

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

where do you even sign up?

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    well  I'm signed up for it lol
  • AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

from twitter:

@Wizardry_Online: Hello all! When we start the beta, emails won't have a key. We will simply flag your account and you'll get instructions. [Danicia]

Invites are coming in waves, so be patient, some people already got in.

Remember this is closed beta, not everyone will get in immediately.

I waited for a month until i got into Planetside 2.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    does this have a pve world?  or is it a sit in lobby,  enter dungeons game?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

All I can say is the beta has started, and yes, I am now in it as of today.

I'll be refraining from replying further to posts about the title until it launches.

But I will say this is one of the few beta's I've ever wanted to join in recent memory, glad I made it. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JRRNeiklotJRRNeiklot Member UncommonPosts: 129

I got my beta email today, but when I follow the link, there is no download link, and no key in the email.  How do I proceed from here?

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    I got my beta email today and am downloading now!
  • AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    Im signed up.

Best Regards, ...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by JRRNeiklot

I got my beta email today, but when I follow the link, there is no download link, and no key in the email.  How do I proceed from here?

You should have been asked to login using the station ID that you used to sign up for the beta with.

Then the link to the beta client becomes available.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    All I will say is imageand image
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    I got one and all I can say without breaking NDA is that the game is no longer installed on my computer.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Facebook page said that as of yesterday new emails were still going out. Several of the fansites have also been giving away beta keys. Gilgamesh's Tavern podcast did a cool trivia contest for the keys on their FB page yesterday.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

More keys are out there for those who are still looking. Check out the fansites in my sig - Have a great weekend!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I got one today. See you in game! Should be interesting.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    I got one and all I can say without breaking NDA is that the game is no longer installed on my computer.

Same here.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

Probably my shortest gaming experience ever. What a pity for the perma death idea. What a shamless abuse of the remembrance of classic wizardry series...

• TrennenTrennen Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by picommander

Probably my shortest gaming experience ever. What a pity for the perma death idea. What a shamless abuse of the remembrance of classic wizardry series...

Guess its not your game, anyway i could barrow your account to try it?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by picommander

ditto..

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

lmao

I almost did the same, but played it for a few more hours and it is starting to grow on me...lol

It's old school. And I am old school.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Hi guys, saying you have beta access is okay, but that's the extent of it. Giving any opinions or details about the game is currently against the NDA. Even 'hints'.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478
    Sorry about that! :D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    got mine..but deleted it.  by accident.  Need to contact sony about resending :( 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    w00t I've been beta'ed.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KalSirian2KalSirian2 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    "Welcome, brave adventurer!

Your pearls of prose in our lovely little “Everything wants to kill you” thread have landed you a key to the closed beta of Wizardry Online, the deadliest fantasy adventure in online gaming.  We wish you luck, fame, fortune… and a fleet foot when things get scary. Enjoy the game!"

This is the mail i just got and i'm downloading it as we speak !

By the way, this "everything wants to xxxxing kill you" forum topic they're talking about was on mmorpg, was it deleted ? I can't see it anymore. I think it was actually great publicity for them ^^