Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No features on other MMOs Halloween events?? Why?

Ok so far there was only ONE feature about Halloween in TERA, and FOUR Features on Halloween in GW2?

Really have they written enough about GW2 every second day already or not?

What about the Halloween events in Secret World? What about WoW? What about other MMOs? Fallen Earth, APB Reloaded´, War Z?

Do we only get further GW2 features or is there anything in the pipeline delayed because of Sandy?

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    look at how many hits GW2 gets on this website compared to all the other games.. most popular game will get the most coverage i'd assume..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    look at how many hits GW2 gets on this website compared to all the other games.. most popular game will get the most coverage i'd assume..

or maybe the coverage leads to some of those hits.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

its offbalance but the way the barrel rolls

look at WOW 4 part review of an expansion

how many mmo expansions get reviewed in 4 different parts?

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by muffins89

^

yeah, this

Originally posted by Yakamomoto

^

yeah, this

massive hits have been there well before the articles don't kid yourselves:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

^

yeah, this

With well about 5000 posts I wonder if you even play that game or if you are just white knighting?

I said I want to read about other MMO Halloween events in a wrap up instead of 4 extensive GW2 halloween features in a row.

Does that not make sense to you?  

^

yeah, this

With well about 5000 posts I wonder if you even play that game or if you are just white knighting?

I said I want to read about other MMO Halloween events in a wrap up instead of 4 extensive GW2 halloween features in a row.

Does that not make sense to you?  

perhaps there isn't much to write about? honestlyI have no clue but it's not hard to see why they put the most effort into what's currently the most popular.. more traffic to this site gets them more advertising i would assume and help them keep this site alive.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Nadia

It's how they are doing reviews these days.  Multiple parts because they aren't hardcore players and go through the content pretty slowly.  They also got burned by early glowing reviews for SWTOR.

WOWs halloween content is really old, it doesn't deserve a feature now.  As far as the other games go, I guess none of their contributors play those games.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

It's how they are doing reviews these days.  Multiple parts because they aren't hardcore players and go through the content pretty slowly.  They also got burned by early glowing reviews for SWTOR.

WOWs halloween content is really old, it doesn't deserve a feature now.  As far as the other games go, I guess none of their contributors play those games.

possible but ill believe that if they give 4 part reviews to

EQ Rain of Fear (Nov 28)

EQ2 Chains of Eternity (Nov 13)

RIFT Storm Legion (Nov 13)

Darkfall Unholy Wars (Nov 20)

I'm not knocking this site - its my favorite site for discussion

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

possible but ill believe that if they give 4 part reviews to

EQ Rain of Fear (Nov 28)

EQ2 Chains of Eternity (Nov 13)

RIFT Storm Legion (Nov 13)

Darkfall Unholy Wars (Nov 20)

I'm not knocking this site - its my favorite site for discussion

EQ expansion?  No of course they won't.

EQ2?  It's possible but EQ2 was a massive failure so I wouldn't count on it.

RIFTs expansion should certainly get the multipart reviews.

DF:UW is a very niche game and far from a AAA title.  I wouldn't expect it to get a big review.

RIFTs expansion should certainly get the multipart reviews.

i agree w you but i think multipart reviews of expansions are only given to popular games

- similar to articles about seasonal events

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Guild Wars 2's Halloween events put other MMO Halloweens to shame.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Ok so far there was only ONE feature about Halloween in TERA, and FOUR Features on Halloween in GW2?

Really have they written enough about GW2 every second day already or not?

What about the Halloween events in Secret World? What about WoW? What about other MMOs? Fallen Earth, APB Reloaded´, War Z?

Do we only get further GW2 features or is there anything in the pipeline delayed because of Sandy?

They already done the ones released from the years before no point in covering them again.  Those MMO's are new and deserve to have a mention as it is thier inception and first time through.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I miss FFXI's holiday events.  They'd cover western and eastern.  Love adding oriental holidays on to my own.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    They post articles about information the majority of people are looking for, not articles to please the fans of every game.  I suppose it's natural that writers will feature articles about games they are personally interested in as well, since the people writing the articles are also gamers.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.