Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entire economy ruined in one patch.

Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

So for the better part of two years you could convert "curor" which is a currency you earned in their latest mini ex packs for "gil" which is the standard money in FFXI.  

The rate was around 2.6 gil for every 1 Cruor.  

The entire economy became based around this, with inflation becoming a bit out of hand a points, but everything was obtainable if you just spent enough time partying.

Yesterday they made it so you could no longer exchange Curor for Gil.  Except in one extremely convoluted way which ends up rewarding you with around a 1 to .33 conversion rate.

This has literally killed the economy.

Goodbye FFXI was nice knowing you.  

Comments

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238
    I never used blinkers as a main source of income. If I needed a mil here or there I would trade some in but I make most of my money doing VW and farming sky and sea for pop sets.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • Majin_JubeiMajin_Jubei Member UncommonPosts: 47
    The only people who are peeved about this are the few people that used it. Most people are making money on selling pop items and NM drops. Cruor conversion was never a mainstream way of making money due to how TIME CONSUMING it is.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    The entire game was ruined when abbysea came out and it made the entire game pretty much easy mode, I came back to ff11 after the 3 abbysea mini-expansions were out, bought em, and quit like the next day because it ruined the game. Made it way to easy to level, the slow-ish leveling that actually took some time was what drew me to ff11, it was the last mmo where the journey was more important than rushing to endgame, Sadly abbysea changed this, and now its just like any other generic wow clone where you can rush to cap in a day or 2, then do pointless so called endgame stuff. I couldn't even find a team on my char that wasn't in abbysea anymore. Needless to say I quit and haven't gone back since. FF11 has finally succumbed to the world of warcraft disease, and ruined itself in the process.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Originally posted by Siveria
    The entire game was ruined when abbysea came out and it made the entire game pretty much easy mode, I came back to ff11 after the 3 abbysea mini-expansions were out, bought em, and quit like the next day because it ruined the game. Made it way to easy to level, the slow-ish leveling that actually took some time was what drew me to ff11, it was the last mmo where the journey was more important than rushing to endgame, Sadly abbysea changed this, and now its just like any other generic wow clone where you can rush to cap in a day or 2, then do pointless so called endgame stuff. I couldn't even find a team on my char that wasn't in abbysea anymore. Needless to say I quit and haven't gone back since. FF11 has finally succumbed to the world of warcraft disease, and ruined itself in the process.

I really wish people would stop whining about Abyssea. It saved the game from certain death at 75 cap, period. Anyone who plays today knows how irrelevant Abyssea is now. With the amount of content that has been released since Abyssea there is no reason to use it as an excuse anymore. 

Vivik-Cerberus
  • Majin_JubeiMajin_Jubei Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Dfix
    Originally posted by Siveria

I really wish people would stop whining about Abyssea. It saved the game from certain death at 75 cap, period. Anyone who plays today knows how irrelevant Abyssea is now. With the amount of content that has been released since Abyssea there is no reason to use it as an excuse anymore. 

I agree, people like Siveria need to take off those rose colored glasses. I love XI, I despised the level grind that was present before abyssea where if you played a less desired job leveling became a chore/second job. Abyssea SAVED Xi plain and simple. If you really want/need something to blame then look no further than XIV which sucked the majority of the dev team away and only leaving a skeleton crew to keep content slowly going.