Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happens if I buy the game now?

BlaebaerBlaebaer Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hello,

I did play the game during the beta but never got around to actually buy it and play. Now, I have been reading some about the upcomming changes and relaunch and it's looking good. 

So I was wondering, what happens if i go out and purchase the game now? I guess I will be able to use the game/CD-key that I get or are they going to release a new version of the game that I'll need to get when it's time for 2.0? 

And if I buy the game right now, I think I read somewhere that they have shut down the new account creation, so I wont be able to use it before they relaunch the game anyway as I understand it? 

And lastly, I havent been able to get a clear answer here, but that might be due to the fact that there's none to be had. But when are they planning to release the game/reopen new account registration? 

Thank you for your time. 

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I have an unopened copy of FFIV and would like to know the answer to this as well. Will I be able to use the unused key from the old release with the new one? or is it just good for trash?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    i would probaly talk to customer service about these questions. They said the last date someone could set up a new account for ffxiv is sept 29/2012. After that till subs are free till the game comes down on nov 11. Then beta begind for a realm reborn. So i think may be stuck till it comes out again
  • Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167

To answer all of your questions!

1. No you can no longer buy the game from retailers! Why because they have ben instructed to destroy all copies and send barcodes back to get a refund! You can still buy from Ebay or other auction sites.

2. SE will no longer allow you create new accounts. The section is now blocked to allow you to make a new one. Even if you still have an unopened copy.

3. The game is no longer saving accounts past today, so tough luck!

4. You're going to have to wait till FFXIV reopens up!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Yodi2007

To answer all of your questions!

1. No you can no longer buy the game from retailers! Why because they have ben instructed to destroy all copies and send barcodes back to get a refund! You can still buy from Ebay or other auction sites.

2. SE will no longer allow you create new accounts. The section is now blocked to allow you to make a new one. Even if you still have an unopened copy.

3. The game is no longer saving accounts past today, so tough luck!

4. You're going to have to wait till FFXIV reopens up!

But will the od key be usable when they open up account creation for 2.0?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236
    Had a friend pick up XIV in those discount bin and he registered XIV a couple weeks ago and registered it with his SE account. It's there, but the account management won't let him do anything with XIV except showed that it's registered to his SE account.
  • OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598
    You have rights to play the new version just like everyone else who bought the game and activated their accounts.  Just be prepared to jump through a few hoops (email support, follow up, etc.) if you are having trouble.