Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you heard the news? New Conan movie in the works!

LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

And it will be staring Arnold as Conan!   http://movies.yahoo.com/news/arnold-conan-barbarian-reunited-universal-reboots-action-franchise-210752780.html

Craig Morrison posted on the AoC forums and seemed pumped about it. I guess that is a good thing for AoC? one more potential chance to get some Conan awareness out there. I hope it is a better movie than  Conan the Barbarian reboot. They really need a talented director and writers with an understanding of Howard's work and they really should use the music right out of the game for the music score,  or hire Knut  Haugen to write the score.       http://www.ageofconan.com/news/interview_with_knut_haugen_winner_hmma_2011

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/31/funcom-may-incorporate-new-schwarzenegger-conan-film-elements-in/

"It's a little too early to tell what form that [a new movie tie-in] will take, but we will have some great opportunities with this as it all comes together," Morrison wrote on the AoC forums. "We are definitely looking forward to seeing what we will be able to do alongside it. With a 2014 release we will have plenty of time to be working on how to best take advantage of another movie."

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Remember that other Conan movie a while back. Yeah Morrison was extatic about that as well and people were saying this will bring the people back again. Look how that ended. AoC could have been a good game had Morrison not ruined it.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Connmacart
    Remember that other Conan movie a while back. Yeah Morrison was extatic about that as well and people were saying this will bring the people back again. Look how that ended. AoC could have been a good game had Morrison not ruined it.

Yes I do, and they totaly blew the casting on that movie.  I know folks loved whats his face from game of thrones, but honestly he was a pathetic actor when he played in swg atlantis.

Over at IMDB they had these ratings Ratings: 5.2/10 from 50,854 users Metascore: 36/100.   And over at boxoff.com Opening Weekend: $10,021,215 | Total Domestic Gross: $21,295,021 | Worldwide Gross: $56,295,021 | Total Budget: $120,000,000, they lost their rear ends on that move. http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/movies/conan-3d-2011.

I remember getting roasted on the AOC forums for saying how bad that movie was gong to be, and boy howdy was I right. 

A new Conan movie is not going to help AOC, we proved that the last time.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I rather they stick with the guy from the last movie than Arnie.

I thought the last one was pretty good, much better than destroyer.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    A new Arnie conan, sorry but I'm expecting a terminator 3 type mess.

You know he will have stuff in his contract where he gets to do his "comedy" one liners and stuff.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I remember getting roasted on the AOC forums for saying how bad that movie was gong to be, and boy howdy was I right. 

i never had any interest in the other Conan flop w no name lead

personally, im a Arnold Schwarzenegger fan -- I'd love to see him back in the Conan role

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by erictlewis

i never had any interest in the other Conan flop w no name lead

personally, im a Arnold Schwarzenegger fan -- I'd love to see him back in the Conan role

I agree I am a Schwarzenegger fan as well.  The other movie flopped the new one might be ok.  AT least this one I will go see. I still don't see how it will help the game.  Funcom made a mess of it over the years.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    I really hope this turns out better than their last fiasco with that dude who played the Khal of the Dothraki. All flash, no substance, but I suppose that could be applied to every Conan film.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602
    I'm a huge arny fan, I grew up with the guy and believing that's what an action star should look like. However, he is but a shadow of himself. I don't know how the movie will pan out but i'm pretty sure we aren't going to be seeing him in a loin cloth splitting wigs with a giant sword. 
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

It would be hard to top the original Conan movies.  Beautiful cinematography, writing, and a passionate, inspiring soundtrack.  All without CG.

As mentioned earlier, Arnold isn't in his 20's any more ... If he would walk around in full clothing that might be OK I suppose.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Personally I would like to see a modified Hour of the Dragon followed by a closely associated Conan of Aquilonia. Arnold is old now, but he is in great shape for a guy his age and the Conan stories go on until he is age 60+ so there is room for this.

Firstly a montage (narrated like the other Arnold movies) where he becomes King of Aquilonia done as a retrospective – marries Zenobia, has his son, Conn (suggestions on who this should be please....)

Conan starts the present story as King age 60. Aquilonia is attacked as per Hour of the Dragon but the sorcerer behind it is in fact Toth Amon in this version. Xenobia has to disguise herself as a slave girl to rescue him – paying homage to the original story.

Conn is kidnapped, and the story goes straight into Cona of Aquilonia. Conn is rescued in Hyperborea, Toth Amon is finally cornered in the far south and Conan has his final battle with him.

Would make a good 2.5 hour movie – or even better – two movies.