Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreedMonger - Kickstarter Live - Contest For Free Land!

The Greed Monger Kickstarter Campaign is now LIVE!

It's time to claim your land!

We want to thank everyone for their excitment and interest up to this point and we would like to host a contest here to inspire further Q&A about our Sandbox MMORPG game.

Over the next 30 days, the top 5 Users with the most costructive posts and community helpfulness as it relates to Greed Monger with at least one post to this thread per day, will recieve their own free land parcel in the game and beta access.

For posts to count, they must be either legitamate questions, or accurate answers or even speculative posts are fine.

The top 5 posters of this thread at the end of 30 days will win Gauranteed Beta Access and a Free Land Parcel.

Thank you all and happy posting. I will of course be watching the thread to help answer questions not yet answered on our forums.

www.greedmonger.com
Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

Comments

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

With GreedMonger being a craft heavy game (which I love) what is your design intent or ideas for gathering? 

You could have the Tajmahal from crafting system but if it is created on a quicksand gathering system it could come crumbling down quickly.

I think that UO had one of the very best gathering system.  There wasn't all these artificial combat walls to slow down gathering because the crafting system lacked any depth or challenge.  What you managed to dig up out of the ground depended on your skill mostly not what level area you were in.  There was also just leather, none of this light, medium, heavy, super heavy, epic, etc. in progressively higher level mobs.

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137
    I like the sound of this game, seems very similar to Wurm Online/SWG. In Wurm it becomes a chore maintaining everything you've built, will buildings and stuff have any kind of decay over time that will require repair?
  • MogusMogus Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by Venger

With GreedMonger being a craft heavy game (which I love) what is your design intent or ideas for gathering? 

http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/showthread.php?94-Recipe-Experimentation

That will give you an idea as to how crafting will work. It wil be very in depth and not quite like other games.

You could have the Tajmahal from crafting system but if it is created on a quicksand gathering system it could come crumbling down quickly.

We will have people running live stock farms, wood cutting, mining, foraging, fishing etc. It will be an in depth resource gathering system.

I think that UO had one of the very best gathering system.  There wasn't all these artificial combat walls to slow down gathering because the crafting system lacked any depth or challenge.  What you managed to dig up out of the ground depended on your skill mostly not what level area you were in.  There was also just leather, none of this light, medium, heavy, super heavy, epic, etc. in progressively higher level mobs.

What you gather will be what you gather, how you use it to craft items will dictate if it's heavy, etc.

www.greedmonger.com
    Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

Originally posted by Mogus
    Originally posted by Venger

http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/showthread.php?94-Recipe-Experimentation

That will give you an idea as to how crafting will work. It wil be very in depth and not quite like other games.

We will have people running live stock farms, wood cutting, mining, foraging, fishing etc. It will be an in depth resource gathering system.

So will people's parcels contain little, some, most or all the resources?  Does a person chose the resouce at purchase or are then given tools to build it to what they want?  If it is something you build yourself can you change at a later date to be another resource.

What you gather will be what you gather, how you use it to craft items will dictate if it's heavy, etc.

Awesome concepts BTW!

• ShadowhellzShadowhellz Member Posts: 16

You guys mention the ability to sometime down the road conquer other planets, so I'm getting this whole rise of nations feel to it. So I'd like to ask a couple questions. I never really had the chance to play UO, as I started with DAoC.

First: How will technology advance? Starting from mud houses to where we are now took thousands of years, how will that be implemented into the game? (Heck, we haven't managed to conquer another planet yet either). Will there be a cap as to how fast you can advance regardless of population?

Second: As for raids and dungeons, how will drops work? Will the first people that runs to the corpse be the first to look it? Or will there be a loot system?

Third: How will the death system work? 

This actually sounds like a breathe of fresh air that the mmo community needs. Everyone has been so focused on the content and how to get there, that they stop to remember that we actually enjoy being a community. 

Originally posted by Shadowhellz

Second: As for raids and dungeons, how will drops work? Will the first people that runs to the corpse be the first to look it? Or will there be a loot system?

From what I have heard the drop system will be realistic.  If you kill a boar you get meat, hide, bones etc.  Kill a goblin you may get some tatered blood stained pieces of armor and a broke ass weapon.  Nothing to write home about.

This actually sounds like a breathe of fresh air that the mmo community needs. Everyone has been so focused on the content and how to get there, that they stop to remember that we actually enjoy being a community. 

I agree I think this will be a nice breath of fresh air.

This discussion has been closed.