Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great for PVPers, not much point for others (so far)

I wanted to like this game.  I like the genre.  So I shelled out the $39 for early access.  What I got for my money?

Character #1  Spawned.  Beaten to death by another player in less than 60 seconds while still figuring out controls.

Character #2 Spawned.  Learned how to run in straight line.  Ran 3 minutes before being shot dead by someone I never saw.

Character #3.  Spawned.  Ran away from spawn point fast (see, I learned!).  Finally saw a zombie after 10 minutes of running.  Was trying to figure out if I could take the zombie when I was shot rom behind by another player I never saw.

Character #4 Spawned near setttlement.  Made a run for it.  Shot by someone I did see at a distance (progress!) about 2 minutes after spawn.

Character #5  Spawned near farm with zombies, figured what the heck and decided to fight one.  Shot from behind by someone while fighting the zombie.

Quit game.  Deleted it from my hard drive.

If this sounds like fun to you, enjoy.  To each his own.  But it's hard to see a big future for the game.

Game looks nice though.

Comments

• maguflismaguflis Member Posts: 2

when this game was announced. Me and my brother said that this game will fail 100% cuz it's ripping off DayZ.
    What i read about this game so far... it seems we were right. I wonder how much it gonna last more...? 2months after full release mabie :D

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Sounds to me like the game world is not big enough to seem like an end of world scenario currently. If you overpopulate a game like this it becomes a deathmatch and nothing else.

At least in DayZ I can pretty easily avoid other players for hours on end if I want to.

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    You should get a refund, it isn't likely going to get much better than this. Considering it's only getting a two week 'alpha' mostly to entice people to buy their way into it.
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh
    You should get a refund, it isn't likely going to get much better than this. Considering it's only getting a two week 'alpha' mostly to entice people to buy their way into it.

I think they have extended alpha now, on the website when you buy the game it says alpha access now, there is no mention of beta starting.

• mcseamus65mcseamus65 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh

I am not going to ask for a refund.  The game isn't the problem, it might be very good eventually.  The problem (from my perspective only, admittedly) is far too many other players who are there only to gank.  I am just afraid that it will kill the game before it hits it stride by driving away players who were looking for a more zombie-centric experience.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I did not tried the game yet, but i know games with the same problems. Wait, the problems is not the game, but the players who doesnt know what to fully expect in a game of this genre.

Rule number 1 to survive, join a clan as soon as possible and make sure you can talk with them with an headset. Stay with your clan mates as long as you can. At this point, you will have fun.

If you stay alone, expect to get kill none stop. Its an FFA game, you're just a lonely sheep if you have no friends just waiting to be eated by all the wolfs arounds.

Where im from? Darkfall, Mortal online. All these open world full loot mmo's are the same. If the server is populated and you're alone, you will mostly get killed at the start of the game before you learn how to play. You must do your research before you start these games. Its normal to rage quit, but you will come back one day when you will be willing to put your mind seriously into this and you will have fun. I left Darkfall after 3 days cuz i raged. Now, im a loyal fan of that game.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Sounds like fun, Im sure people will be flocking to this game to get slaughtered and looted by players non stop.  Devs never learn.
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Sounds like fun, Im sure people will be flocking to this game to get slaughtered and looted by players non stop.  Devs never learn.

They do learn, they're just sided with the minority. Thats the difference.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by mcseamus65

I wanted to like this game.  I like the genre.  So I shelled out the $39 for early access.  What I got for my money?

Character #1  Spawned.  Beaten to death by another player in less than 60 seconds while still figuring out controls.

Character #2 Spawned.  Learned how to run in straight line.  Ran 3 minutes before being shot dead by someone I never saw.

Character #3.  Spawned.  Ran away from spawn point fast (see, I learned!).  Finally saw a zombie after 10 minutes of running.  Was trying to figure out if I could take the zombie when I was shot rom behind by another player I never saw.

Character #4 Spawned near setttlement.  Made a run for it.  Shot by someone I did see at a distance (progress!) about 2 minutes after spawn.

Character #5  Spawned near farm with zombies, figured what the heck and decided to fight one.  Shot from behind by someone while fighting the zombie.

Quit game.  Deleted it from my hard drive.

If this sounds like fun to you, enjoy.  To each his own.  But it's hard to see a big future for the game.

Game looks nice though.

Wow, No one I know has had such horrible luck.  I've been killed .. I'd say, about as much as you.. since the 15th.

I was killed by a sniper a few times and once by someone who ran up on me and a buddy screwing around, so it wasn't really unexpected.  More of the map has been released, which spreads people out a bit more.  Maybe give it another try.  

Also, clan/guild systems should be introduced soon.  As well as private servers.  So, maybe there will be a more PvE oriented private server for you to join in the near future.  If I have the money, I plan on running my own and doing a pretty extensive screening process.