Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

LucasFilms sold to Disney, Star Wars VII due in 2015.

OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

Comments

• timtracktimtrack StockholmPosts: 416Member Uncommon
    The wall behind the fan is brown.
  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Uncommon

related article

http://boingboing.net/2012/10/30/disney-acquires-lucasfilm.html

Disney already owns: ABC; Pixar; Marvel; as well as Hollywood, Mammoth and Buena Vista Records, just for a start.

one interesting snip: "Our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years."

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member
    Originally posted by Nadia

related article

http://boingboing.net/2012/10/30/disney-acquires-lucasfilm.html

Disney already owns: ABC; Pixar; Marvel; as well as Hollywood, Mammoth and Buena Vista Records, just for a start.

one interesting snip: "Our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years."

And people thought Lucas liked to milk Star Wars. image

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Oklahoma City, OKPosts: 2,383Member

I'm happy about this. I feel a little sad Lucas is giving it all up, but he was just too afraid to do anything with it. Such a rich Universe deserves many more movies and hopefully a live-action TV Show.

On the flip side, I'm quite unhappy that their first plans are for another trilogy about the characters from the original. Obviously they can't use the original actors, and I really hate that they'll recast them. Also a bummer that the Extended Universe is now an Alternate Universe. Honestly Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, while iconic, are pretty crappy characters. Sure Solo and Chewie are the shit, but I'd rather see knock offs than new versions of them.

Seriously, I get this is all about the earning potential, but if any franchise can make big money without any of the iconic characters, it would be Star Wars. Lucas may have left his talent behind in the early 90s, but at least he cared about his work (a little too much). I get that the new trilogy is his idea and apparently his rough-draft, but I'd like the think he never pulled the trigger because he didn't want to see it lose what made it special. As silly and poorly acted as the prequels were, they still felt uniquely Star Wars to me.

In the end I'm cautiously optimistic and am looking forward to what's to come, but I'm sad that kids will grow up knowing a Han Solo that doesn't look like Harrison Ford.

• PrecusorPrecusor PalmaPosts: 4,733Member Uncommon
    Lets hope they don't make the franchise more childish.