Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] DC Universe Online: Home Turf to Shake Things Up

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During last week's SOE Live convention in Las Vegas, we were able to catch up to the DCUO dynamic duo of Larry Liberty and Jens Andersen to learn all there is to know about the upcoming DC Universe Online update called 'Home Turf'. See what we discovered and then let us know what you think in the comments.

There will be ten different lair themes that can run the gamut from the Hideout that everyone, including F2P players, will receive to a bunker or a modern apartment or a gothic space or even a lair in the sewers. Players will be able to find a spot in the real world where the entrance to their lair will be.

Read more of Suzie Ford's DC Universe Online: Home Turf to Shake Things Up.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Sounds like a great update!  I will definately be checking it out!
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I didnt get the last 2 but will get last laugh for the shield weapon and this one and might pcik up the other. I can't wait for the future content ethier some of it sounds awsome.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Am I excited about it? Yes.

Am I ready to resub? Ya, I think so! Still needs more lateral content, but I do like what they've done lately, and it seems more good things are on the way.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    This continues to be my $10/month sub even though I'm focused on GW2. I jump back to this when I just want to jump in a kick-ass on something :-) Plus the DC lore continues to be a big plus for me even though it's not following the "New 52".
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Nice to see them put this in. Looks really nice and i can not help but geeking out a bit. Especially as you can have mutiple "homes" good for the Wayne/Batman style of Mansion and batcave.

Will most likley buy this one. Unless life get's in the way.

This have been a good conversation

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

DCUO did die, and has been resurrected...or perhaps, resummoned.  Sony doesn't actually kill any of their games unless absolutely forced to (SWG). 

DCUO is an action MMO for PS3 players.   The interface was bad for keyboard and mouse, the writing pedestrian, character customization poor,  the design and initial content shallow (Is Superman still an Ice Tanker?).    To their credit, they are continuing to support and add things.  However, unless you are an absolutely huge DC fan (Ice Tanker??), or a stalwart actioneer,  this game is still at the bottom of the Superhero genre.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170
    Everyone's favorite is clearly City of . but of what is left to play you've got DC and champions so i suppose out of those 2 DC wins???

• samuel130samuel130 Member Posts: 14
    to me this game is going in the right direction from the city of.... mmo . even though cox been out longer they still deserve the title of being the mother superhero mmo. but with the direction dcuo is going this could be the next mother/father mmo i wonder sometimes if the two companies of dcuo and city of.... has some sort of connection seeing the city of... mmo is closing down. they just feel similar in some sort of way. anyone feel the same?