Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disney buys Lucasfilm/Lucasarts

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    My money is on the kid Anakin and kid Obi-Wan stories, it's Disney kind of stuff.

anakins kid has already been done in episodes IV, V, and VI :P and obi-wan never had kids afaik

There is a whole series of books based on 10-12 year old Anakin & the same for the 10-12 year old Obi-Wan just as they start Padawan-hood

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

It'll be interesting to see if Disney f's up the franchise more than Lucas did.

I'm hoping for a more John Carter-ish trilogy but expecting a Little Mermaid version of Star Wars.

Either way, for a franchise that was so great for so long, it's a pity to see how it was run into the ground.

Help us Obi Walt Disney.  You're our only hope.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    My money is on the kid Anakin and kid Obi-Wan stories, it's Disney kind of stuff.

anakins kid has already been done in episodes IV, V, and VI :P and obi-wan never had kids afaik

There is a whole series of books based on 10-12 year old Anakin & the same for the 10-12 year old Obi-Wan just as they start Padawan-hood

well considering it's episode 7 that wouldn't make much sense:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

That would suck either way, but....

If it's starting with Episode 7, it won't be about baby Obi-Wan and baby Darth Vader.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Episode 7 is coming in 2015... I wonder what this movie will be about... any guesses?

I guess it won't be about much. I do predict teens singing and dancing though image

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

I think he meant we would see stories of anakin when he was a kid and stories about obi-wan when he was a kid.

I'm kinda of looking forward to see what they do without George too.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Originally posted by Darksix
    This could be good or bad....as long as we never see Mickey Mouse with a light saber I suppose it would be hard to screw this up...Hopefully they will look into making a real Star Wars mmo similiar to Pre-cu SWG and dump that disney fart of a game TOR...only time will tell  :)

Umm...obviously you haven't following Star Wars much.

1) Mickey Mouse Star Wars has been done forever.  Never been to Disney World at Hollywood Studios I assume?

2) Because Lego guys as Star Wars figures is so much better...

3) November 8th is the Angry Birds Star Wars....how different from your complaint.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by AdamTM

Story is here:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-creator/

What does this mean for SWTOR?

Prospects for SWG reboot?

This is the best thing that could of happen, Disney maks some of the BEST movies and with top notch production.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by BruceYee
    Disney was the worst company that could've bought it imo. Expect all ages(G Rating or at most PG) movies. I think ol' George is finally getting his revenge for all his loyal fans being "mean" to him.

Marverls Avengers? yes that was Disney.  Disney will never make a R rated move but they sure as hell know how to make some kick ass rated PG movies., besides no Star Wars move was ever rated R, Disney is the best choice IMO, they are the Masters of fantasy hands down.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by AdamTM

Story is here:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-creator/

What does this mean for SWTOR?

Prospects for SWG reboot?

From the news articles I read Lucasarts was not among the accquistions bought by Disney

Originally posted by TigerAero
    Originally posted by rygard49
    I would love to see them making movie about Bane. Seriously this was my favorite SW book (3 books LOL).

I agree it was my favorite as well. There's no way Disney is going to touch that content, though.

We can expect to see plenty of sequels following the formula of Episode 1, and a lot of Ewoks. Tons and tons of Ewoks.

really depends on who they peg for director/writer.. although not the greatest movie I thought john carter was decent for a sci fi movie and shows they can still have some somewhat violent films from disney.. i'm just happy star wars will go on:) honestly though without george behind the wheel I'm actually very excited for the future of the series...

[mod edit]

really? who cares honestly...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    From what I've read, they're retconning all of the EU.
  • TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by JKwervo
    From what I've read, they're retconning all of the EU.

HELL YEA. Get that crap out of here. That's where everyting started getting fishy and wonky. If they can use all *THAT* and encapsulate all the EU into "then" we can definitely expect great things from this new stuff.

Originally posted by rygard49
    I would love to see them making movie about Bane. Seriously this was my favorite SW book (3 books LOL).

I agree it was my favorite as well. There's no way Disney is going to touch that content, though.

We can expect to see plenty of sequels following the formula of Episode 1, and a lot of Ewoks. Tons and tons of Ewoks.

really depends on who they peg for director/writer.. although not the greatest movie I thought john carter was decent for a sci fi movie and shows they can still have some somewhat violent films from disney.. i'm just happy star wars will go on:) honestly though without george behind the wheel I'm actually very excited for the future of the series...

[mod edit]

really? who cares honestly...

[mod edit]

their kind? wow.. so sad....

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    It means star wars is going to turn into a kid IP.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Jonoku

Possibly, or maybe into a couple or few series?

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Considering how Disney loves Johnny Depp - I think he would make awesome sith... but it would have to be in The Old Republic Timeline image

Edit. He might play Luke's son though... the sithy one...

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

lol what was episode I, II, and III?.. honestly don't think in any way they could do worse.. i actually enjoyed them because I love star wars but really anyone behind the wheel aside from george I feel will do a hell of a lot better

lol what was episode I, II, and III?.. honestly don't think in any way they could do worse.. i actually enjoyed them because I love star wars but really anyone behind the wheel aside from george I feel will do a hell of a lot better

It also means cancellation of the supposedly Rated M star wars game, 1313.

Realistically though, star wars clone wars to be shown on disney channel.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    It will just mean that we will be seeing lots of pixar style, star wars movies in the coming years.

Lucas himself already did that.....

What it will probably turn into is a new movie every 2-3 years ad infinitum, ad nauseum.  That's what Disney does.  It oversaturates the market with it's offerings.  Pulls them for a little while when sales start to go down, and then rehashes them in slightly new formats.

And we just keep on biting that poison bait.

clone wars is a good show imho

also no plans to change 1313 M rating

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20121030/battlefront-3-and-star-wars-1313-release-excitement-renewed/

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Disney can't screw up the Star Wars Movies more thane George Lucas has. He can't even follow his own Story

clone wars is a good show imho

also no plans to change 1313 M rating

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20121030/battlefront-3-and-star-wars-1313-release-excitement-renewed/

well thats good news, the battlefront 3 part of that is pure speculation and I wouldn't want another Battlefront. I would want a whole new game, lets just say Planetside 2 with star wars skins.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Warjin
    Originally posted by BruceYee
    Disney was the worst company that could've bought it imo. Expect all ages(G Rating or at most PG) movies. I think ol' George is finally getting his revenge for all his loyal fans being "mean" to him.

Marverls Avengers? yes that was Disney.  Disney will never make a R rated move but they sure as hell know how to make some kick ass rated PG movies., besides no Star Wars move was ever rated R, Disney is the best choice IMO, they are the Masters of fantasy hands down.

You are right, my bad. I was blinded by hate imagining the High School Musical cast in the Star Wars Universe. It also slipped my mind that Disney made Tron Legacy, I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Bridges as a jedi master and maybe Olivia Wilde as a padawan ::drool::