Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game's receiving great previews..

124»

Comments

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    Looks like this could be THE mmorpg everyone is waiting for

Seriously? Every upcoming game from a major publisher gets great previews. SWTOR pretty much got "the saviour of the MMO world" previews. Look where that got us. Previews are like assholes - everyone's got one and they all stink.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Or, we can stop claiming that every upcoming MMO is "THE MMO OF THE CENTURY THAT KILLS ALL OTHER MMO'S FOREVER AND I WILL PLAY IT UNTIL I DIE AND THEN PASS ON MY ACCOUNT TO MY GRANDCHILDREN", and just take it for what it is when it releases.

How about it?

Trolling or not, you're dumping on your own lawn.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by blackthornn

and it'll be the wowkiller

and it'll have EVERYTHING at launch

and it'll take your trash out for you

and it'll make people be your friend so you're not lonely anymore

and it won't suck and cause devs to delete posts pointing that out on the official forums and nobody will get banned from this site for "infractions" when the flame wars inevitably hit

/sarcasam off

OMg it will take the trash out for me...Im sold..This is the game ive been waiting for.   Tell me it will cook a romantic dinner for me once a week and Ill buy a lifetime sub..maybe two 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by xmenty

Sounds like SWTOR all over again.

How the fk can TESO ALPHA stage be so good without any problems?

Even GW2 BWE has problems.

There are not much integrity in writing / talking about it videos journalism for gaming.

Best journalism is gameplay videos. 

The future review or preview would be "Show me your gameplay or STFU". 

Even worse, MMORPG.com just opened their own "digital download store", so not only are they running ads for the games they review, but now they are straight up selling them too.

Is this not a problem for people?

How can any review/preview be judged to have any credibility whatsoever, when the site ITSELF sells the games it is reviewing, and thus has a direct and tangible reason to make the scores/reviews as good as possible?

Many of us have believed that MMORPG.com, like other gaming sites have been "in the bag" to developers for years by cooking the scores for reviews. Largely by over emphasizing the postive elements and ignoring the negative elements of various games.

Now that blatant motivation and conflict of interest is there for everyone to see, as they directly profit for selling the games they review.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by xmenty

Sounds like SWTOR all over again.

How the fk can TESO ALPHA stage be so good without any problems?

Even GW2 BWE has problems.

There are not much integrity in writing / talking about it videos journalism for gaming.

Best journalism is gameplay videos. 

The future review or preview would be "Show me your gameplay or STFU". 

Even worse, MMORPG.com just opened their own "digital download store", so not only are they running ads for the games they review, but now they are straight up selling them too.

Is this not a problem for people?

How can any review/preview be judged to have any credibility whatsoever, when the site ITSELF sells the games it is reviewing, and thus has a direct and tangible reason to make the scores/reviews as good as possible?

Many of us have believed that MMORPG.com, like other gaming sites have been "in the bag" to developers for years by cooking the scores for reviews. Largely by over emphasizing the postive elements and ignoring the negative elements of various games.

Now that blatant motivation and conflict of interest is there for everyone to see, as they directly profit for selling the games they review.

I really don't trust reviews from anyone. Aside from some youtubers I've followed for years that don't sugar coat stuff when it comes to games. Though I will NEVER buy an mmo till I play it first. Never believed the hype and reviews of SWTOR or GW2. Tried them in beta and knew they weren't for me.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by AdamTM

Try something:

Find me a bad preview from a major games outled for any AAA MMO in the past 7 years.

I dare you.

I double dare you-----

Even Tabula Rasa and APB got favorable previews.

Actually didn't a reviewer here give a bad review on SWTOR and later lost their job here?  Sure there are other things that lead to the loss of position/job (whatever you call it here as I don't hink they are paid positions) but he did give a bad review of SWTOR or some major AAA MMO.  There are some that do give bad reviews, now if we're talkng bout an impartial unbiased review then yeah that ain't gonna happen.

The "reviewers" I've seen gush over ESO are not even reviewers of game sites like here.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    Looks like this could be THE mmorpg everyone is waiting for

I expect it to just be yet another boring wow-wannabe with the same quest hub bullshit every big name mmo has been using since wow's release. Plus if its made by Bethesda expect it to be buggy as shit and expect them to take months to fix even the simplest of bugs, Hell there is still a game breaking bug in broken steel today that they still have not bothered to fix at all, if your on a pc you can use the console, but if your on a console version (why the hell would you play games like fallout 3 on a console anyway, they are shit compared to the pc versions due to modability.) Your kinda screwed unless you have a backup save so you can try again and pray it doesn't bug, 3 diffrent times I have started broken steel on 3 diffrent chars and every single time it got that same game breaking bug. Its the part where he wants you to look at the map, sometimes he glitches and he just keeps saying to look at the map, and it gets stuck there.

Anyway, almost every damn mmo these days gets good reviews in beta, but pretty much everytime when the game came out, people relised it was nothing great.

If the game is not open world pvp and all pvp is restricted to one big zone (like daoc with land control and such maybe), I might try it, but I honestly do not expect any mmo to be any good anymore if the pattern they been following sticks like it has.

Also before you say it I love Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, fallout 3 and nv etc, but to be honest the ONLY reason they are even any good is due to the community of modders, without them they are pretty damn lackluster games. Which is why I don't understand why people would buy them on a console when they have a pc. Hell you don't even need to buy the game or the dlc's if you know where to look.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Ambros123

Try something:

Find me a bad preview from a major games outled for any AAA MMO in the past 7 years.

I dare you.

I double dare you-----

Actually didn't a reviewer here give a bad review on SWTOR and later lost their job here?  Sure there are other things that lead to the loss of position/job (whatever you call it here as I don't hink they are paid positions) but he did give a bad review of SWTOR or some major AAA MMO.  There are some that do give bad reviews, now if we're talkng bout an impartial unbiased review then yeah that ain't gonna happen.

The "reviewers" I've seen gush over ESO are not even reviewers of game sites like here.

You won't find one because these websites make their money off advertising for the most part, and bad mouthing some companys game is not the way to get them to want to pay you to host ads for their game on your site. I always wait for the player reviews to come in, though with those you can tell who is a obvious fanboy and who is unbaised. Take FF for example, ever since like ff6 the series has been shit, where as the Tales series (Tales of the abyss in particular) have been some of the best jrpg experences I have ever had, if you have never played Tales of the Abyss I highly suggest you do so, even if you need to get a emulator. Main char is a bit of a whiney little bitch at first, but he has a legit reason to be like that, where as most ff games have some emo main char who is emo just for the sake of being emo.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144

From the previews and reviews I have watched so far! it sounds like wow quests with gw type combat(1 big open Zoned zergfest).

Please just tell me it doesn't have tab targeting?

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Lol every game receives great previews or they dont get money from the companies. 

I doubt this will be the game everyones waiting for, espcially if its themepark, 75% will blow through the game, get bored in 1-2 months and quit

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by KatlaOdindottir

From the previews and reviews I have watched so far! it sounds like wow quests with gw type combat(1 big open Zoned zergfest).

Please just tell me it doesn't have tab targeting?

Can be either.  A pod cast I listened to had one guy playing like in Skyrim of no tab targeting while another guy used tab targetting.  I think that in some instances tab might be required if you need to target a specific target in a group of mobs if that kind of situation is even relevent in ESO.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Vorch

Gamers are incapable of loving games anymore, especially MMO players.

That's because we've been getting 8 years of really bad MMORPGs, starting with WoW.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Ambros123

Try something:

I dare you.

I double dare you-----

Actually didn't a reviewer here give a bad review on SWTOR and later lost their job here?

Yup. Though the MMO staff has crafted an elaborate and false story as to the true motives. "But we left his review online, see see?!" as if they wouldn't MAJORLY lose face if they didn't leave it online. They tried to block it from hitting the site at all but once it was up they couldn't take it down.

But what do you expect when the banner ad on this site, and all the previews and trailers were all SWTOR related. They wouldn't have ever given it anything under a 9. Same for virtually every AAA release. But it doesn't stop them from taking a giant dump on games like Vanguard, which are far FAR better than SWTOR in almost every way.