Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: The Deadeye Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aventurine has released another new trailer featuring game play footage from Darkfall: Unholy Wars. The latest video features the Skirmisher role, Deadeye school, a deadly ranged combat fighter. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

This vid was released on friday..

Not exactly the best vid in the world really.... i mean come on 3rd person instead of 1st :( makes me sad..

The awesome delay on the guys getting killed with the last skill is pure class.. i mean made made them choose that video clearly showing pretty bad delay in what happens in the world?

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yea wtf  is up with 3rd person?

please tell me they didn't get rid of the 1st person view?!

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I definitly won't be coming back if it's all 3rd person now.  1st person is what made Darkfall, Darkfall..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    So nothings changed then...

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    It's 3rd person so you can see the skill being used. It's not really difficult to understand that, if you just stop and think for a few seconds. How effective a demonstration would it be, if you couldn't see the character performing the skill? [mod edit]
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by ironhelix
    It's 3rd person so you can see the skill being used. It's not really difficult to understand that, if you just stop and think for a few seconds. How effective a demonstration would it be, if you couldn't see the character performing the skill? [mod edit]

wait what is there to see other than some green light around your cahracter.. you would see this in 1st person as well just like you used to with spells in DF1.

You just have no idea what your going on about..

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    [mod edit]
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    It's 3rd person only if you want it to be. I think I'm missing a comma in that first sentence.
  • BlackraynBlackrayn Member Posts: 142
    A lefty playing from a righty's perspective! Feet in the position of shooting from right handed, you would never swing your torso like that to take a standing still shot! If your a lefty you would always have the right shoulder in the lead!  It looks ok, but it looks like an uncordinated person trying to shoot! Yea picky stuff I know, but I like realism!
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Blackrayn
    A lefty playing from a righty's perspective! Feet in the position of shooting from right handed, you would never swing your torso like that to take a standing still shot! If your a lefty you would always have the right shoulder in the lead!  It looks ok, but it looks like an uncordinated person trying to shoot! Yea picky stuff I know, but I like realism!

You like realism but you are watching videos of a Fantasy set game?

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Erm, what did the first skill do?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by Blackrayn

You like realism but you are watching videos of a Fantasy set game?

It's called immersion.  Side question, do you really enjoy repeating the same tired arguments?  You didn't come up with that zomg it's not supposed to be realistic itz a vdeooogame line.  It's old, it's easily defeated.  I don't get it.

More topical:  If they allow 3rd person, then anyone who wants an advantage will use it, as they will see more of what's going on around them, it's kind of imbalancing.  Also the game looks pretty clunky in that video. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

HUH?  Why in the world would you play Darkfall in 1st person?  Especially a pvp game!  Me I want to see if someone is behind me, that is the only way you can know in these games, there are no indicators besides health going down you are getting attacked from behind.  You have to have your brain addled to play this game in 1st person.

Hope they get this game right, would like a good pvp game that is not broken.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

HUH?  Why in the world would you play Darkfall in 1st person?  Especially a pvp game!  Me I want to see if someone is behind me, that is the only way you can know in these games, there are no indicators besides health going down you are getting attacked from behind.  You have to have your brain addled to play this game in 1st person.

In DF1, there was no option.

And there are other indicators... like hearing someone running up on you.

• Halcyonl3Halcyonl3 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Lustmord
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

In DF1, there was no option.

And there are other indicators... like hearing someone running up on you.

Actually, there was an option.  All you had to do was switch to melee combat and you could be playing 3rd person.  The only thing that required 1st person was ranged attacks...  Clearly its a scroll out and in type camera.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I may get back into DF if full 3rd person is available.  Sorry call me whatever you want, I just prefer playing games like that

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    3rd person? I might actually try it then.

If I want 1st Person, I'll play CoD or a game with crispt FPS performance. Darkfall, from what I remember, was clunky as first-person game.
  • HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219

Not to complain, but why are there these little 1min videos that show nothing of substance with less than a month to go? Where are the epic monsters? Sea battles? Sieges? PvP?

One guy wandering the forest and using 1-2 skills? Really? I've followed Darkfall since 2004 but it has never impressed me (loved Shadowbane though)

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Herithius

Not to complain, but why are there these little 1min videos that show nothing of substance with less than a month to go? Where are the epic monsters? Sea battles? Sieges? PvP?

One guy wandering the forest and using 1-2 skills? Really? I've followed Darkfall since 2004 but it has never impressed me (loved Shadowbane though)

cause its all in the first game plus they dont want there servers swamped at release hence the no advertising

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Main reason I didn't play DF?  

no 3rd person view at launch.

Yeah... this looks LEAPS AND BOUNDS better.  I'm very interested now.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by mmoDAD 3rd person? I might actually try it then.   If I want 1st Person, I'll play CoD or a game with crispt FPS performance. Darkfall, from what I remember, was clunky as first-person game.

Same here

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Darkfall has 3rd person, it is only for melee though. Spells and archery were 1st person.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    That looked pretty boring to me. I know it's just a video thing. They need to make better videos because there is no chance this is doing the game justice.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    The problem with third person is exploiting it to look around and through walls and behind you. First person forces you to look around in order to be aware of your surroundings.