Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did you quit this game?

1234568»

Comments

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by Ahremel555

Skils that are totally useless.  Elite skills that are totally useless.  In fact, for all the vaunted "unlimited" choices, in reality there are only a few skills that matter and, in the end, you have to have those skills to survive.  For example, since my brother and I frequently ran together, I created a Blood/Chaos build for healing and some DPS while he went Tank/DPS with his character.  However, whenever we hit a "solo" dungeon, he would usually breeze right through it while I usually died.  And do you know what kind of advice I received?  "Learn different skills and/or weapons and you can solo no problem".

Of course I could do that.  But that means is that you can't "think outside the box" and play the game.  Once again you are forced to pick skills that you would not normally use just to complete the content.  So much for diversity.

This is the third Funcom game that I've purchased and probably the last.  I think it is a good thing that they are dropping out of the MMORP genre, since none of their efforts have been worth playing.   My brother and I had high hopes for this game, but it only took us four months to realize our error.

Thats a good way man. Never ever try to work on your deck, or even admit, that you maybe picked the wrong bunch of skills for yours. The f... game is to blame. Absolutely correct. And also you did very well in rejecting any advice. Brilliant. You dont make faults, games do!

And to your last paragraph. You played this game now for 4 months (!) and realise, that it is crap? Wow, thats what i call "slow to catch on".

Seriously, whats wrong if you stop playing a game after 4 months and have to admit, that youre burned out, but the game was ok. No, it is always the "absolute crap game" afterwards.

Hodor!

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Not enough zones and the game just didn't feel 'smooth' to me.
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Ahremel555

My brother and I cancelled our accounts today.

Primary reason? Broken quests, broken game mechanics, frequent lockups and other graphic/game issues.

Skils that are totally useless.  Elite skills that are totally useless.  In fact, for all the vaunted "unlimited" choices, in reality there are only a few skills that matter and, in the end, you have to have those skills to survive.  For example, since my brother and I frequently ran together, I created a Blood/Chaos build for healing and some DPS while he went Tank/DPS with his character.  However, whenever we hit a "solo" dungeon, he would usually breeze right through it while I usually died.  And do you know what kind of advice I received?  "Learn different skills and/or weapons and you can solo no problem".

Of course I could do that.  But that means is that you can't "think outside the box" and play the game.  Once again you are forced to pick skills that you would not normally use just to complete the content.  So much for diversity.

This is the third Funcom game that I've purchased and probably the last.  I think it is a good thing that they are dropping out of the MMORP genre, since none of their efforts have been worth playing.   My brother and I had high hopes for this game, but it only took us four months to realize our error.

I would have posted this on the official Forum, but I was banned for 6 months for making negative comments about the game.  If the game was better maybe there wouldn't be so many negative posts.

I just don't understand this.  Certain mobs require different tactics.  Some you can horde in circles and burn them all down with ease.  Others require specific debuffs to kill easier, not applying an impair(or you get impaired as well) etc.

If you have one build for this game, you are not playing correctly.  I hate to say it, but thats the truth.  This isn't a one-trick pony.  The whole games lore is based on that fact that you can adapt.  Adapt then.  They give you skills to utilize, sure no doubt some are absolutely useless.  Hell, even some have very little purpose other than making specific mobs easier. (Root for example is needed and elemental is the only way to effectively apply it against a few mobs)

Thinking outside the box is what this game is all about.  I'm a shotgun/chaos tank.  I tank NMs with a unique build that works perfectly for everything so far(tanked first 5 so far- minues last boss on one where I go heal/tank)

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    I actually didnt quit the game.  i was forced to quit for a time and in that time I got into other things.  See my credit card got hacked somewhere so my bank cancelled it a few days before the billing cycle and sent me a new one.  they sent me a letter and all so it was all good but i missed the billing cycle and had no other card to put it on so just decided to hold off for a month.  but i got into other stuff since then and just never really went back.  I figure Ill renew it one day when Im bored with whatever im doing now if that ever happens.  if it wasnt for the credit card snafu I would probably still be playing it as I was enjoying it but i guess strange things happen.  maybe I would be bored by now I dont know.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Please do not necro old threads. Start a new onf if you wish to discuss the same topic.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.