Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars 2 goodbye............

Comments

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Muntz
    Originally posted by Randayn
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I've said this before and it was pretty much ignored, but....Foresaken World, Perfect World, Fallen Earth and every other FTP game still has packed servers.  

When people dont have to pay (or only pay box) there is little incentive NOT to log in...if only for a few hours a month.  Make GW2 a subscription based game hand watch how fast it dies...

although all those games don't have universal acclaim for majority of people or critcs alike.. would GW2 be as populated if it were P2P? no way in hell.. would it still be doing fine? yes i'm sure it would be

Im not too sure about that, but we'll never know.  

GW2 got it's acclaim from it's dev's (Anet) and from very overhyped reviews.  The same reviews that appeared to not have played even 25% of the game's content.  Yet, I must play the entire game to make a negative comment.

You don't! I understand what you are trying to accomplish. But I still find it pointless to force yourself to do something. Do you really feel you need an 80 to fairly state your opinions on the game? The game doesn't really change enough. In fact, I'd just use the counter. Isn't engamge supposed to start at level 1?

Hey Geezer, I agree, I should be able to say that....I tried and I was still shot down.  This is less an excercise in proving my knowledge of the game and more an excercise in citing fanatical fanboism.  I know...I have too much time on my hands...

No matter what you post or why, this will not change, there will always be some loophole, some side stepped argument, some deflected issue, some twisted context or intentionally mis-paraphrased statement that will be turned against you.

And why is that? Could it be that the forums are  almost entirely about opinio? Nobody can silence your opinion but they sure the hell can discount it. You hate being boxed but let me ask you is anyone who supports GW2 automatically a fanatical fanboy? Or is that only when they directly disagree with you? I don't say this in anger or frustration. It's your right to play a game you don't like. I like it especially when you do it supporting a game I do. I will say you too in making your opinion known will always have a loophole. It is the way the forum game is played. Enjoy!

See? Didnt' take long.

See? It didn't - lol

What is the point you are making? It has little to do with mine. I really don't care how you present your opinions, But don't take mine and misrepresent it in order to find an easier way to argue against it.. Because that's not really arguing my opinion.

Sure it does, you claim that "there will aways be some loophole" in reference to an attack on his (and your) opinion of the game. Opinion that is based on preference. Mine is different so of course there will always be an out. There isn't a proof we can perform to say that one is more factual then the other. Just entrenched opinions. 

In context to this post the opinion is the game wouldn't sell if it is P2P. Since this will never happen we all have loopholes as to how this would have turned out. Notice I'm not twisting anyones words here or taking anything out of context if I say I disagree with that. There is no factual basis we can argue from. We can agree to disagree.  

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    it'll be around for years there are always new people getting into gaming and with no sub gw2 is a good starting point.  I do wish the community was more social though.  I never really saw anyone talking to each other during dynamic events and such.. looks like its necessary to join a guild
  • alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Rabble rabble rabble rabble.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I've said this before and it was pretty much ignored, but....Foresaken World, Perfect World, Fallen Earth and every other FTP game still has packed servers.  

When people dont have to pay (or only pay box) there is little incentive NOT to log in...if only for a few hours a month.  Make GW2 a subscription based game hand watch how fast it dies...

although all those games don't have universal acclaim for majority of people or critcs alike.. would GW2 be as populated if it were P2P? no way in hell.. would it still be doing fine? yes i'm sure it would be

GW2 got it's acclaim from it's dev's (Anet) and from very overhyped reviews.  The same reviews that appeared to not have played even 25% of the game's content.  Yet, I must play the entire game to make a negative comment.

You don't! I understand what you are trying to accomplish. But I still find it pointless to force yourself to do something. Do you really feel you need an 80 to fairly state your opinions on the game? The game doesn't really change enough. In fact, I'd just use the counter. Isn't engamge supposed to start at level 1?

Hey Geezer, I agree, I should be able to say that....I tried and I was still shot down.  This is less an excercise in proving my knowledge of the game and more an excercise in citing fanatical fanboism.  I know...I have too much time on my hands...

No matter what you post or why, this will not change, there will always be some loophole, some side stepped argument, some deflected issue, some twisted context or intentionally mis-paraphrased statement that will be turned against you.

And why is that? Could it be that the forums are  almost entirely about opinio? Nobody can silence your opinion but they sure the hell can discount it. You hate being boxed but let me ask you is anyone who supports GW2 automatically a fanatical fanboy? Or is that only when they directly disagree with you? I don't say this in anger or frustration. It's your right to play a game you don't like. I like it especially when you do it supporting a game I do. I will say you too in making your opinion known will always have a loophole. It is the way the forum game is played. Enjoy!

See? Didnt' take long.

See? It didn't - lol

What is the point you are making? It has little to do with mine. I really don't care how you present your opinions, But don't take mine and misrepresent it in order to find an easier way to argue against it.. Because that's not really arguing my opinion.

Sure it does, you claim that "there will aways be some loophole" in reference to an attack on his (and your) opinion of the game. Opinion that is based on preference. Mine is different so of course there will always be an out. There isn't a proof we can perform to say that one is more factual then the other. Just entrenched opinions. 

In context to this post the opinion is the game wouldn't sell if it is P2P. Since this will never happen we all have loopholes as to how this would have turned out. Notice I'm not twisting anyones words here or taking anything out of context if I say I disagree with that. There is no factual basis we can argue from. We can agree to disagree.  

We can. and I would dare say, more should. But I will still go back to my earier statement and qualify that with as long as we are comparing apples to apples, instead of making my apple look like an orange before agreeing to disagree that it needs to be peeled before eating it.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by GreenishBlue

*yawns*

/thread

Agreed. It's not interesting to discuss GW2 any longer.

The only mildly interesting thing about GW2 was playing the prequel -- Hype Wars 2

yet here you are everyday:) cheers

you are by far in every single GW2 thread ten times worse than he is. I cant even read a thread on this site where you havent commented at least 3 or 4 times in it  and if its a negative one you cannot stand not saying anything and feel like you have to white knight every single argument. Im not picking with you either , just saying everyone has a right to their own opinion here and not everyone thinks exactly like you do.

But to the posters above saying blizzard employees are posting here ? seriously go see a shrink you seriously need one badly. I swear some of the people that post here i think live in bunkers waiting on the zombie apochalypse and december 21 2012 to get here......

He is in here becuase he is a fan of the game... So no fricken duh.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

See? Didnt' take long.

See? It didn't - lol

We can. and I would dare say, more should. But I will still go back to my earier statement and qualify that with as long as we are comparing apples to apples, instead of making my apple look like an orange before agreeing to disagree that it needs to be peeled before eating it.

Lol geezer always starting up arguments :P

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

And why is that? Could it be that the forums are  almost entirely about opinio? Nobody can silence your opinion but they sure the hell can discount it. (I'm talking about twising it out of it's original context to be able to attck it from a better angle.) You hate being boxed but let me ask you is anyone who supports GW2 automatically a fanatical fanboy? ( I ddidn't say this, you just did, see my previos highlight) Or is that only when they directly disagree with you? (That's fine, as long as they don't twist my words when though) I don't say this in anger or frustration. It's your right to play a game you don't like. I like it especially when you do it supporting a game I do. I will say you too in making your opinion known will always have a loophole. (Using them to detract from the point is because you can't attack the main point) It is the way the forum game is played. Enjoy!

See? Didnt' take long.

Irony.  Because that's exactly what you did...   And what he didn't do...

Rubish opinions are discounted on the Internet   Get used to it, it's the way it works.   Heck, it's worked like that since the days of FidoNet and UseNet.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by halflife25

Lol..it is all right. We all do. otherwise why would we be here wasting time on forum PVP? no one can honestly accuse you for having 'too much free time'.

What i find intersting is that most of the people who can not stop professing their love for GW2 spend more time on forums than playing the game. I think this place has better content after all ;)

And what I find interesting is that most of the people who claim to not like the game spend so much time and effort thinking/talking about it.  Maybe the GW2 subforums have better content to them than any of their "superior" games.

Also, I bet many people are like me and are on this site while at work.  Much better content here than work.  :P

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

*yawns*

/thread

The only mildly interesting thing about GW2 was playing the prequel -- Hype Wars 2

Still playing Hype Wars 2. Didn't I just tell you it was more interesting? Cheers.

Optional PvP = No PvP
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

See? Didnt' take long.

See? It didn't - lol

Lol geezer always starting up arguments :P

Yeah, cuz Randayan really irritated me with his post.......No, wait a minute, that's not where this all started. Let's go back through and see where it started

Originally posted by MosesZD

And why is that? Could it be that the forums are  almost entirely about opinio? Nobody can silence your opinion but they sure the hell can discount it. (I'm talking about twising it out of it's original context to be able to attck it from a better angle.) You hate being boxed but let me ask you is anyone who supports GW2 automatically a fanatical fanboy? ( I ddidn't say this, you just did, see my previos highlight) Or is that only when they directly disagree with you? (That's fine, as long as they don't twist my words when though) I don't say this in anger or frustration. It's your right to play a game you don't like. I like it especially when you do it supporting a game I do. I will say you too in making your opinion known will always have a loophole. (Using them to detract from the point is because you can't attack the main point) It is the way the forum game is played. Enjoy!

See? Didnt' take long.

Irony.  Because that's exactly what you did...   And what he didn't do...

Rubish opinions are discounted on the Internet   Get used to it, it's the way it works.   Heck, it's worked like that since the days of FidoNet and UseNet.

Once again, the point is missed, lost or altered. Thanks for trying.

Don't care about discounted opinions, As long as it's discounted as the OPs intended opinion and not twisted before disounting it.

I am done with this arguement. You guys are the classic example of exactly what I am saying.  If you don't like a post, quote it and respond to it out of context or simply twisted and then disount it. This is like the 5th time I had to re state my original point because no one seems to want to argue with that. Even to that point, you guys are doing it. It's kinda funny. But to continue to this argument indefinatley, all I have to do is go back to my original point. Which I will no longer do. 

Carry on.

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    Learn how to use spell-check before you post.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

Learn how to use hyphens appropriately before you post.

It's "spell check". Two words.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

lol :)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Go Grim!

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

*yawns*

/thread

I think you are the last person to accuse anyone of being here everyday.image

Originally posted by Rimmersman

*yawns*

/thread

touche:P  although at least i'm discussing a game I enjoy:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

*yawns*

/thread

But...

In Aerowyn's defense, she is interesting to read, unlike The_Korrigan, who is simply annoying.

Typically, when Aerowyn decides to take issue with a particular statement, she will still remain respectful of the poster she disagrees with. And that makes it easier to discuss things.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

touche:P  although at least i'm discussing a game I enjoy:)

i thought that's the problem here. people enjoying a game that others dont enjoy ^^

should really be forbidden *G*

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

*yawns*

/thread

But...

In Aerowyn's defense, she is interesting to read, unlike The_Korrigan, who is simply annoying.

One in the same IMO except one has his finger on the report button if you get the better of him in a debate.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Ah man, the folks here were right!  GW2 is totally dead!  In fact, it is so dead, that now my computer won't even turn on!  It even went so far as to kill all the power in my house!

Screw hurricane sandy man, I should have been preparing for gw2!

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by Randayn I've said this before and it was pretty much ignored, but....Foresaken World, Perfect World, Fallen Earth and every other FTP game still has packed servers.   When people dont have to pay (or only pay box) there is little incentive NOT to log in...if only for a few hours a month.  Make GW2 a subscription based game hand watch how fast it dies...

Lol, universal acclaim.... Makes it sound so epic haha
    Originally posted by Praetalus

Originally posted by Randayn I've said this before and it was pretty much ignored, but....Foresaken World, Perfect World, Fallen Earth and every other FTP game still has packed servers.   When people dont have to pay (or only pay box) there is little incentive NOT to log in...if only for a few hours a month.  Make GW2 a subscription based game hand watch how fast it dies...

Lol, universal acclaim.... Makes it sound so epic haha

lol i just used that term because it shows up on metacritic on games that get all positive reviews

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

*yawns*

/thread

But...

Typically, when Aerowyn decides to take issue with a particular statement, she will still remain respectful of the poster she disagrees with. And that makes it easier to discuss things.

no matter how dumb i find some arguments I try to be respectfull as much as I can and try not to label people like most people on these boards do... but certain posters.... anyways hopefully I live through this hurricane winds are really picking up...

This discussion has been closed.