Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FREE TRIAL GUYS!!!!

nutsoddsnutsodds Member Posts: 89

I wonder where is all the people that were asking for a trial  to try Xsyon :)

A wait they maybe are there :P

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Could be they are playing another game, its only been what 2 years people have been asking for this?

Gamers dont have that kind of patiance.

So much crap, so little quality.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    They blew their chance, you can't take forever to get things done and expect people to show up.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    Originally posted by Zekiah
    They blew their chance, you can't take forever to get things done and expect people to show up.

+100

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

And then offer a trial where you wipe there progress on a weekly basis.

Complete failure.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-As folks have pretty well said, its kind of too late.

With all the negative reviews from people who actually bought the game, no free trial to "see for ourselves" (and tired of throwing money at games to test them, play for a week and find out the negativity was right and I forked out good money just to try a game) and a ton of new games (sandbox games even) on the Horizen-

No thanks.

I was one of those asking for a trial a year or so ago- hell, I forgot thus game existed.

The Population has to be atrocious becauise AI never even see posts or discussion about this game (and have not in a long time) so its my opinion that this game is pretty much dead in the water.

Too little too late-

• nkitznkitz Member Posts: 69
    I've been playing for over a year and I'm still enjoying the game. If you haven't tried the game since the last time you played some years ago I don't think you can say much about it. The game is doing better than 2 years ago and there has been a lot of progress, if you don't believe me you can always load up the game and try it on the trial server. Your loss but don't complain because you're to lazy to form your own opinion you sheep.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

And then offer a trial where you wipe there progress on a weekly basis.

Complete failure.

They wipe your progress on a weekly basis? That's harsh -- unless they trial is only 7 days to begin with?

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

as tempting as it would be to try a trial of this game. they blew that chance, i dont consider a 1 week gameplay wipe as a trial that sounds like a beta test.  given that most games allow you to carry on your trial experiance over to gold status. having a locked server for just trials that are wiped weekly makes the desire to trial the game moot.  if i play 7days and get really intrenched just to have the data wiped makes me less likely to spend money to repleat that same junk. 

if i want that, ill play minecraft and jump servers or continuesly restart single player maps. 

no trial at launch is retarded IMO. as it really limits people experiancing the game and so cause any sort of press to become pretty bad for the title should said press be heavy on the negitive side. 

long story short. if you want to setup a trial fine. just dont sit there and wipe it, just lock the toon like most respectable companies do, and allow the user to carry on with that data should they decide to sub. 

7 days seems like plenty of time to try the game and make a opinion, I mean you can continue on for another 7 days and then another after that. It's not like they are going to give you the game for free and allow unlimited uncapped game play. If in 7 days you are still unsure go for another 7 and make a informed decision and take another 7 if you are still not sure. I think most of you just want something for nothing. That is plenty of time for you to make a decision whether you want to buy the game or not.

If they capped the skills you wouldn't be able to fully experience the game really as a lot of the content is unlocked as you go and skill up. I don't think they should just give you everything to start either because it doesn't give a good respresentation of the game by doing that. I think they took the right route with a 7 day trial that you can keep doing even after the reset. Work on some skills one week and another set the next to make a informed decision on whether to buy or not.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-Well, hope it works out for everyone-

Me? I presonally could care less aboout the 7 day/wipe part of the trial. I would have been more than happy to have a 3 day/2 day... Hell even a 1 day day trial- A year ago.

Again, this game is like 2 years old, established and small playerbase with little hope of ever having a decent population at this point- Therefore a 30 day Free Trial with no wipe still doen not make it appealing to me.

I thought the game sounded pretty cool when it was in the planning stages- Hope ths attracts some new blood for your game but I will pass since DF 2.0 is on the horizen and will be a whole new game with a level playing field to get started in.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    Originally posted by nkitz

7 days seems like plenty of time to try the game and make a opinion, I mean you can continue on for another 7 days and then another after that. It's not like they are going to give you the game for free and allow unlimited uncapped game play. If in 7 days you are still unsure go for another 7 and make a informed decision and take another 7 if you are still not sure. I think most of you just want something for nothing. That is plenty of time for you to make a decision whether you want to buy the game or not.

If they capped the skills you wouldn't be able to fully experience the game really as a lot of the content is unlocked as you go and skill up. I don't think they should just give you everything to start either because it doesn't give a good respresentation of the game by doing that. I think they took the right route with a 7 day trial that you can keep doing even after the reset. Work on some skills one week and another set the next to make a informed decision on whether to buy or not.

7days is fine. the problem i and many seem to have with it, is that the trial takes place on a locked server for just trials and every 7days they fully wipe the server. SO if you play 6days and like the game.. you are litterally wasting your time on the trial as that data does not seem to be carried over to the live server.  so all skills and items you may have created in those 6 days are lost.  for many players of these types of games, thats a tad harsh.  when you can play a trial of say WoW on the live servers and after the trial expires if you want you can sub that account and keep all your data.  so you do not lose/waste time grinding anything during the trial.

That is something to post on the main forum for the game and ask about. It isn't that bad though as in 7 days time you can do a lot yes, but it doesn't take much time to work up the same skills once you buy the game. Those first 50 skill points are easy to gain and not a game ender for me if that data is reset. I've been messing around on trial helping new players and it's not that big of a deal, I rather like starting off fresh. To each his own, I'm not going to beg or lie and say this or that but two years ago a lot was missing from the game, that just isn't the case now. I know there is a major update coming that brings in artisian and master armor along with tools being used for resource gathering, as well as female armor. That knocks out most of the current round of Dev and once the few items that are left are done, on to round 2. I've seen a lot of work being done to the game but it's hard to protray that here, it's something you've got to see if you played 2 years ago.

http://www.xsyon.com/wiki I know the armor hasn't been added because I was told it is being left off for the crafting update that is coming in the next few weeks. A lot is on there though, take a look.

• SeverinusSeverinus Member Posts: 20

Unfortunately you can't have trials on the main server because it would ruin the world with terraforming and treeplanting that would clash with the existing terraforming and treeplanting. There is already enough to "clean up" for us players.

You can however play the trial forever, it'll just reset once a week. How is that not a good service.

If you are looking for something you don't want tp pay for and don't want to support an indie game with superb terraforming and building possibilities, then look elsewhere.

Once upon a time ...