Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a MMO, need help

Cyran.PrimeCyran.Prime Member Posts: 6

I'm pretty picky on what I'm looking for, and from what I was looking at, theres almost no MMO out there now that offers what I'm after, I hope someone on here can direct me to one or a few I may like.  The last game I tried was GW2, but I like playing almost all support with some debuffs on the side if possible, and on GW2 it felt like playing support was totally useless.  Don't get me wrong, I liked GW2 and the concept, just it wasn't for me because I just didn't feel like I was viable to a team.  I also don't care at all about story, if it has it then good, if not then oh well.  As long as it meets or almost meets the 5 major things I'm looking for I'm ok, but yea here are the major things:

• I want to be able to play support of any kind
  • The game must have open world pvp of any kind, I'm not much on instance pvp and arenas.
  • I would really prefer if the game is a sandbox
  • I would prefer the game have a complex crafting system
  • I would like it to have challanging end game PvE, not easy mode

Extras that would make me love it a lot more:

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE customizable player housing, deco and all that good stuff
  • I would like all of the end game weapons and armor to be crafted OR broken down from loot and recrafted with better stats
  • I like having collectable things, rather it be items on display, or achivements that give titles, deco items, mounts, etc
  • Oh I like mounts too...
  • Sci-fi games are a plus, but  not at all necessary
If theres any game that suits any of this that is currently out, let me know.  Also I don't want a emulator game unless it's complete or near completed so my progress won't be wiped.

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

I would say Vanguard, but there is no PvP.

Best PvE on the market though.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Ya Vanguard. Awesome game and the graphics look like an oil painting if your machine can "crank em up"

Vanguard!

• Cyran.PrimeCyran.Prime Member Posts: 6
    My girlfriend was looking at Vanguard, and she liked it, but I couldn't get the thing to launch no matter what I did or what the support told me to do.  I have a high end computer too, so idk what the problem was.

How did you instal it? Steam ? Steam sometimes has it's .exe file hidden in an unusual directory

Well I have the discs from a LONG time ago, but the last time I installed it was through steam yea.  I'll install it via discs again and see if that may fix it.

Any other suggestions on MMOs that fit what I'm looking for is also appreciated =)

The game has went free to play so i would think the orig. disks would create problems possibly. i would first look through your steam directory for an .exe file and perhaps create a shortcut to it. Or perhaps try doing a clean uninstal and dloding the game straight off the SOE's main website. Good luck!

I downloaded Fallen Earth off steam and could not get it to launch for the life of me , then i browsed the steam forums and was told by a member where the .exe file was hidden and finally got it to work just fine. You might check Steam pages for the answer..

Still dloading off main site is prob gonna be quicker than installing from those old disks cause the game will already be patched when the dload completes!

Again..... Good luck

I'm going to bed now,,,

:)~

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I would suggest you have a look at both Lord of the Rings Online and EVE Online.  Both can be tried out free of charge.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Ryzom would probably be worth checking out for you.
    K, Vanguard is installing through the site, I'll check out Ryzom and LOTRO here in just a second.  Still open to suggestions! =D
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    A word of caution with Vanguard. It's a deep and oldschool game. No instances, no zones, classes have a LOT of facets. It's really a game you should give a decent chunk of time for exploration to. You can go in every house, almost ever NPC has something to say. I would suggest finding a guild and exploring dungeons with groups, most fun I had in the game was just randomly grouping with folks, or picking a spot on the map and road tripping there with a friend.
  • nilsangawennilsangawen Member Posts: 6

AION - http://na.aiononline.com

- Support needed (Priest class -> Clerics)
    - Open world PVP 
    - Crafting system (however it takes a lot of time and resources, not really worth to do it anymore)
    - with version 3.5 there are very challenging end game PvE instances
    - Player housing system (decoration, even crafting items for housig, quests)
    - Collectables (statues, souvenirs that can be displayed in your house). You can get them as a drop from various instances
    - Achievements - completing specific quests gives you titles. Completing some quest chaines gives you special rewards like pvp accesories and more (Atreian atlas)
    - Mount system

Yea Vanguard still isn't working for me, even if installed over the SOE site, just launchs, and flashes on and off after the splash screen.
  • ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

Rift rift and rift, its the one you need 2 try.

• ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

why Rift you might ask.

World is big and well done.

Getting housing in the new xpansion.

The Pvp is awesome, both instanced and big open world area like the one in Lotro.

And this is the premium support game

You can support as a Mage, Cleric and Rogue.

So there you go, if support is what you want, Rift be it, and all the other fluff you want is there also :)

Go go Rift!

And you can check it out with their always free 2 play up to lvl 20, as long as you don't have more than two chars.

So go get Rift Lite! :)

and if you like it, sub, because subbing 2 this is worth every penny :D

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by malis8912
    My girlfriend was looking at Vanguard, and she liked it, but I couldn't get the thing to launch no matter what I did or what the support told me to do.  I have a high end computer too, so idk what the problem was.

Yeah had the same problem...Ran it fine in beta havent been able to since....

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

Try Eve Online.

It has the open world PvP at a level you will have never seen before.

You mentioned you like collecting stuff: Eve has over 9000 different things to collect

The vast majority of stuff used in the game is crafted by players, not by an NPC shop. The NPC shops only give basic skillbooks, blueprints and a very limited number of specialty items that players usually just re-sell on the market anyways.

It's sci-fi, which you said was a plus :)

Where's the any key?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Why say vanguard? He wants open world pvp.

Also op some of your points clash, e.g. sandbox and challenging end game pve. Sandboxes don't have endgame.

Anyway - eve or perpetuum
    You can play support
    They have lots of world pvp and no instanced pvp
    They are sandboxes
    They have comlicated crafting and industry
    You can recraft and break down stuff
    They are sci-fi
    In the case of perpetuum you can also build bases, follow the craze for maze building and terraform
    Also rift Is a silly suggestion too, its a heavily pve orientated themepark IB a fantasy setting with poor pvp.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Darkfall?
    Df ain't a bad suggestion too.

But eve and perpetuum tick more of the ops boxes.