Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill System question

I played Darkfall back in the days of yore and one aspec that greatly annoyed me was grinding skills...

Is there any info out there about how things will work in D:UW?

Comments

• FaleshFalesh Member UncommonPosts: 78
    The new role/school system allows them to let people get PvP ready more quickly while still allowing longer term character development. This works because you only need to skill up 2 role schools out of the 16 availible initially as you can only use 2 at a time.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by -Rodriguez-

I played Darkfall back in the days of yore and one aspec that greatly annoyed me was grinding skills...

No idea about UW, but the grind in DF is like 20x faster than it was at release.

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    Obviously noone has a clue on the rate, but if its like how DF1 is atm, it'll take 30 minutes if that to go from 0-100 with a skill.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by KatlaOdindottir
    Obviously noone has a clue on the rate, but if its like how DF1 is atm, it'll take 30 minutes if that to go from 0-100 with a skill.  It won't be anywhere near as quick as it is in DF1, it is only that fast because the game is shutting down in 2 weeks and they are running a promotion.

Originally posted by Hancakes

Originally posted by -Rodriguez-

No idea about UW, but the grind in DF is like 20x faster than it was at release.  20x faster than the current game if you want to compare it to release its more like 40x-50x faster than release since they had already made gains quicker a couple times and added the multiplier for hitting mobs.

More than likely it will be a decent grind to max out each skill in the new game.  However, it will still be possible to max a single role in a couple months of steady play.  Of course if you want to get everything I would suspect it will take a year or more to do.   You have to remember Aventurine is listening to the players to make an easier grind, hence the skill system, but they still want a grind not just instant action.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    They have said it will be faster, we don't know how much. But the role system means becoming pvp viable will take a fraction of the time.

My blog: image