Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other altoholics?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Despite 300 hours i am still not at 80.

Playing 8 alts, 68, 56, 35, 28, 17, 16, 15, 9 takes so much time but its incredible much fun, havent touched my 68 ele in weeks and my 56 thief i mostly use in sPvP, currently leveling my 35 engi and my 16 necromancer.. Tough i plan to add a level to the Engi and the thief everyday frosomeday next week.

All classes are fun, none are perfect.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    same exact issue.. although I have this problem with almost all MMOs:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Man, I got 6 toons, not one broke 20 yet. Partly due to deleting toons just to try an different race same prof, but mostly due to alt-itis.
  • huihuhuhuhuihuhuhu Member UncommonPosts: 53
    90+ hrs here gameplay and not one of my chars is 20...my highest is 14 lol
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I have 7 characters.  Levels 69, 52, 33, 31, 30, 20, and a 6.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Me, me :D

I even decided I won't go for any legendary weapon until I get all my 4 toons to max with exotics :)

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Absolutely. 

Got a 40, 30, 20, 10 and 7. Still one more class I want to try but not ready to spend gems on another slot. 

Not playing right now. Have got interested in the some RL stuff, so slacking on all my games. Not only am I an altoholic, but also a gamoholic. Probably some of us in this thread are in the same boat.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

I made 8 characters on day 1 of headstart. I have one at 80, one at 25, and the rest at 8 or lower.

At this rate I'll be playing for years just to get them all leveled...

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I have the same problem.  Everyone else is running around with at least one 80 talking about the later zones and I'm kinda clueless.  I'm at 210 hrs playtime with a 44, 33, 30, 19 and 18.

I'm not usually an alt person something about learning new skills is more fun than leveling the charater in this game.  Maybe because there are so few per character.  I do with they would add a weapon or two to each prof.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    I have 6 characters - lvl 53, lvl 33, lvl 17, lvl 14, lvl 7, lvl 4. Each PS is widely different so I am enjoying that. Also the zones are designed different enoughto really make it fun.

Originally posted by botrytis
    I have 6 characters - lvl 53, lvl 33, lvl 17, lvl 14, lvl 7, lvl 4. Each PS is widely different so I am enjoying that. Also the zones are designed different enoughto really make it fun.

yea the personal story being so varied and offering so many paths really makes alts in this game a joy unless of course you dislike the personal story.. also there is much better zone replayability in GW2 zones imho than any other themeparks zones I can think of

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

yea the personal story being so varied and offering so many paths really makes alts in this game a joy unless of course you dislike the personal story.. also there is much better zone replayability in GW2 zones imho than any other themeparks zones I can think of

Heh, I utterly loathe the personal story.  I stopped doing mine, on all my characters.  The newest ones never even started it, past level 2. and yet, I still have all these alts.  It's all about the diverse class mechanics, and the variety of places to level up in, for me.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I tend to stick with one main character and sometimes have 1 alt. I'm not an altoholic.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Vhaln

Heh, I utterly loathe the personal story.  I stopped doing mine, on all my characters.  The newest ones never even started it, past level 2. and yet, I still have all these alts.  It's all about the diverse class mechanics, and the variety of places to level up in, for me.

for a MMO story I really can't think of a better one as far as options and variation.. swtor was fine but never felt like my choices mattered much and TSW was good but also no replayability on it imho.. at least in gw2 i go to entirely differn't locations and get entirely differn't events based on my choices. I really enjoyed the lore and characters in GW1 and am enjoying them very much in GW2.. i found the human stories little bit of a letdown depending which I choose but overall through all the differn't stories and all the differn't options per race I'm having a great time with them.

• rafatalex007rafatalex007 Member Posts: 54
    This may supprise alot of you guys but i got ! chracter becuase i try to focus on it i have playe for about 80 hours and still am lvl 50
  • BillyJimBobBillyJimBob Member Posts: 35

I've never been a big alt-aholic myself.  In most mmo's my MO has been to work exclusively on one character to 'completion' - max level, crafting profession(s) maxed out, and best gear possible.

Not so in GW2.  Although it's taken a while to change this ingrained mindset, doing so has been thoroughly worth it and enjoyable in my experience of it.  I'm not sure what my hours played are sitting at right now, but, it's probably about 330+ since the 3 day headstart.  These are the characters I've worked on so far: Human Elementalist 76, Norn Engineer 78, Asuran Warrior 79, and, Norn Ranger 79.  Also a Charr Guardian 15, and Charr Necromancer 8.

I've done the occassional AC, CM & TA dungeon runs with each of my 70+ characters but no sustained dungeon running for gear tokens.

Most of the experience earned on my characters comes from working on map completion in each of the racial zone ranges + DE's.  As soon as these four hit 80 then I'll work on their personal story quests.

Eventually I'll get around to pvp for 100% world map completion.

Originally posted by BillyJimBob

I've never been a big alt-aholic myself.  In most mmo's my MO has been to work exclusively on one character to 'completion' - max level, crafting profession(s) maxed out, and best gear possible.

Not so in GW2.  Although it's taken a while to change this ingrained mindset, doing so has been thoroughly worth it and enjoyable in my experience of it.  I'm not sure what my hours played are sitting at right now, but, it's probably about 330+ since the 3 day headstart.  These are the characters I've worked on so far: Human Elementalist 76, Norn Engineer 78, Asuran Warrior 79, and, Norn Ranger 79.  Also a Charr Guardian 15, and Charr Necromancer 8.

I've done the occassional AC, CM & TA dungeon runs with each of my 70+ characters but no sustained dungeon running for gear tokens.

Most of the experience earned on my characters comes from working on map completion in each of the racial zone ranges + DE's.  As soon as these four hit 80 then I'll work on their personal story quests.

Eventually I'll get around to pvp for 100% world map completion.

wow that many high levels at only just over 300 hours? i guess I just spend to much time socializing because my hours are closing in on 300 and not even close to that:P

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I am the exact same way also. It took me almost three years to get my first max level WoW character because of this.

Originally posted by bigsmiff

I am the exact same way also. It took me almost three years to get my first max level WoW character because of this.

haha same. well not 3 years but took me a year.. even in easy to level MMOs as long as I enjoy multiple classes it will take me a very long time to hit cap.. also I'm a big talker in game and end up spending a lot of time just talking to people.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

4 level 80's, 3 in exotics, little over half the mats for a legendary, 700+ hours played across all characters.

ALL ASURA.

ASURA MASTER RACE

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128
    I'm in the same boat (8 alts). Have to say, though, that those lowbie alts became handy when getting that pumpkin carving deed done. Also my Asura main wasn't cut out for the clocktower but a level 18 human was perfect for it (and is now a proud owner of level 80 exotic slippers which will be gathering dust for quite some time).