Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you stand by your score rating of GW2 ?

123457»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Yup. I went from a 7/10 after the betas to a 3/10 about 1 month after release. Pretty graphics but no substance at all.

You can say that about all mmorpgs. Tell me which mmorpg you didn't leave after 1 month or got bored?

I still enjoy GW2 but it's not as fun after 2 months because i've played over 300 hours in that short time. Also, there is coming more content in November which will be a refreshment.

2 MMOs: WoW and DAoC, about 3 years each.

Why? DAoC's endgame PvP was addicting as hell. If they didn't destroy it with those horrible expansions I would still play today.

Now about WoW, the PvE (leveling/gear progression) was somewhat fun, but I was never crazy about it. I guess my standards are higher now.

GW2 had a great chance to be the next big thing but they blew it with the lack of FUN endgame progression.

Which MMO, released in the past few years, grew a player base and just kept on growing like WOW did? I'll save you the trouble of answering...none. And DAoC was also pre-WOW. Those also happen to be the two I played the longest just like you. But unlike you, I don't come to the conclusion that this means that they have all been inferior to WOW and DAoC--quite the opposite actually.

There are many theories as to why MMOers don't stick to anything longer than a couple of months these days. A big part of it, imho is that now we have many, many choices. When I started DAoC there was UO, EQ, AC and that was about it. When WOW released about a month after EQ II the choices were those I mentioned + AC II and SWG. We grew communities simply because we set down roots... there was nothing else to it.

Now we have at least 5 or 6 major releases every year and a host of minor ones. People drift to other MMOs pretty quickly now. I tend to stay around longer than most but even I have gone through Rift, SWTOR, Tera, TSW and GW2 in the past 12 months. I've resisted Pandaville so far but I do have 2 level 85 characters back there waiting for me.

8 years ago we stuck around basically because we were playing one of the only MMOs in town.

You and others are continually banging your heads against the wall trying to find fault with the games you leave behind when in fact you're just leaving because something else catches your attention.

At any rate, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. image

PS. At the risk of being excomunicated by DAoCite community, I'll just go ahead and say it: GW2 WvW > DAoC RvR.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

So I have been wondering if those numbers under "user rating" really represent the current status, especially the "Service" rating of 8,5 out of 700 ratings and the value rating of 9.4 considering the heavy cash shop centric itemization keeps me scratching my head, service team takes weeks to answer inquiries, unpleasant but truthful concerns on the GW2 get deleted and users infracted left and right.

Question do you stand by your ratings now after playing for some time or will you edit / have you edited your rating?

Do you even play GW2? Heavy Cash Shop Centric itemization? What in blazes are you going on about?

I haven't had to rely on the service team yet, so good or bad it doesn't really matter to me. At first they were no doubt swamped. As players wisen up problems should sink to managable levels.

He doesn't play GW2. He tried the BWE though and that has given him pretty deep insight into the game.

I think he reads stuff here and there too, though that is just a assumption.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    I didnt score rate this game on this forum, since it makes no sense. Most new games are totally overhyped on the score board and GW2 is one of it. I would give it a 7 in rating, but since so many did hype this game you would need to vote with minus ratings. Makes no sense.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Purutzil

2.1 Harsh I know, but truthfully its what I feel. Really taking a look and being honest with myself it made me change things up.

To be fair, I am harsh on games so my 2.1 would probably be more like a 4.2 for more normal people reviewing a game though so in that way, its not as bad, but stil weak in performance. More playable then some iffy F2P games but not something I'd brag to friends about. 

curious though as you said you got a refund so the game now owes you nothing as all the money spent as been returned.. you have nothing to discuss about game mechanics and how to make them better because you think the game is garbage but basically are here just to rag on a game that gave you a full refund.. 

Wait a minute.

Several posts back before the one I'm quoting here, you were defending someone for giving the game a 10 because, for their own reasons, that's what it deserved to them.

Now, someone gives it a low score for reasons they feel it's deserved while they played it, and yet here you are challenging them on it and attempting to dismiss their opinion.

So, it's okay for people to give a perfect score as long as "it deserves it for them", but the same doesn't hold true for lower scores?

I believe that's called a double standard.

Careful, Aerowyn. Your bias is showing.

• ictownictown Member Posts: 123

I still rate this game a 10, its the best themepark game I've played. I play GW2 along side with SC4

I'll be playing until SC5 is released in Feb.. Depending the the multi player function of SC5, it could be more or less time on GW2.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

2.1 Harsh I know, but truthfully its what I feel. Really taking a look and being honest with myself it made me change things up.

To be fair, I am harsh on games so my 2.1 would probably be more like a 4.2 for more normal people reviewing a game though so in that way, its not as bad, but stil weak in performance. More playable then some iffy F2P games but not something I'd brag to friends about. 

curious though as you said you got a refund so the game now owes you nothing as all the money spent as been returned.. you have nothing to discuss about game mechanics and how to make them better because you think the game is garbage but basically are here just to rag on a game that gave you a full refund.. 

Wait a minute.

Several posts back before the one I'm quoting here, you were defending someone for giving the game a 10 because, for their own reasons, that's what it deserved to them.

Now, someone gives it a low score for reasons they feel it's deserved while they played it, and yet here you are challenging them on it and attempting to dismiss their opinion.

So, it's okay for people to give a perfect score as long as "it deserves it for them", but the same doesn't hold true for lower scores?

There's a big difference between a well thought out & explained review, and the usual 'game X sucks, I hate it, and thusly it deserves a 6, or game Y is awesome, I love it, and therefor it deserves a 10'.

Both are pretty useless.

While I wouldn't give GW2 a 10 or a 6, I would accept it if someone else gave it a 10 and backed it up w/ real reasons, or gave it a 6, and backed it up w/ real reasons. Too many of the explanations I see people give on these forums especially, do not sync up, at all, to their gaming preferences.

For example, I've seen people on here rate GW2 a 6 or a 7, yet give SWTOR an 8 or a 9. When giving reasons, the same reasons often applied to both games. This isn't to say that some people may not have legitimate reasons to downgrade a game, but ones like 'i got bored' just don't work.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by xmenty
    Originally posted by xmenty

Free give away big content update after Halloween event. 

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/arenanet-responsible-mmo-companies-give-away-content/  

how many treasure chest keys to open the grab bags did you buy from the cash shop before getting this "free" content update?

Besides, until they haven´t delivered a "free big content update" it is still vaporware.

Woah, now they are even pretending they are the only MMO with free content updates.. amazing really

Dude, the keys drop ingame and you can buy the Halloween costume at the Auction House.

Why the fk do you want to buy keys on the CS?

Well on the update issue, I going to trust Anet as their integrity haven't been broken yet, in my book.

I wouldn't trust you tho.

All you do is based everything on assumptions and personal opinion.

GW2 deserve 10/10.

Take it easy dude, GW2 is the 2nd coming.

I see what you did  there.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

Wait a minute.

There's a big difference between a well thought out & explained review, and the usual 'game X sucks, I hate it, and thusly it deserves a 6, or game Y is awesome, I love it, and therefor it deserves a 10'.

Both are pretty useless.

While I wouldn't give GW2 a 10 or a 6, I would accept it if someone else gave it a 10 and backed it up w/ real reasons, or gave it a 6, and backed it up w/ real reasons. Too many of the explanations I see people give on these forums especially, do not sync up, at all, to their gaming preferences.

For example, I've seen people on here rate GW2 a 6 or a 7, yet give SWTOR an 8 or a 9. When giving reasons, the same reasons often applied to both games. This isn't to say that some people may not have legitimate reasons to downgrade a game, but ones like 'i got bored' just don't work.

I disagree with you. Maybe they liked SWTOR more. Don't ask me how someone could, but maybe they did. Maybe they had some of the same issues, but they were worse in GW2 than in SWTOR (like the storyline...maybe they don't like stories in their MMO but thought the SWTOR one was better). Also, if a game is boring, it failed to do what it is supposed to do for that person which is entertain them. I would think that this is a very good reason to downgrade the rating.

• tv2zulutv2zulu Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Huh, speaking of provocation..

It's okay, the moderators are doing an awesome job in here *rollseyes*

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Though I've honestly lost interest in the game at the moment, the game is still a 8-9 in my book. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

So I have been wondering if those numbers under "user rating" really represent the current status, especially the "Service" rating of 8,5 out of 700 ratings and the value rating of 9.4 considering the heavy cash shop centric itemization keeps me scratching my head, service team takes weeks to answer inquiries, unpleasant but truthful concerns on the GW2 get deleted and users infracted left and right.

Question do you stand by your ratings now after playing for some time or will you edit / have you edited your rating?

Do you even play GW2? Heavy Cash Shop Centric itemization? What in blazes are you going on about?

I haven't had to rely on the service team yet, so good or bad it doesn't really matter to me. At first they were no doubt swamped. As players wisen up problems should sink to managable levels.

He doesn't play GW2. He tried the BWE though and that has given him pretty deep insight into the game.

I think he reads stuff here and there too, though that is just a assumption.

Then I guess he's not replying because he got a temp ban for trolling or something. He's obviously clueless about the game, yet can't stop spewing nonsense about it on these forums. Oh well...

imageimage
  • SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

I hope my well thought out response has contributed to this thread.