Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Mad King Thorn Boss Fight info and a video of arrival

kefkahkefkah East, TNPosts: 832Member

Mad King Thorn Boss Fight info

Link

and a video of his arrival in Tyria... epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_MfatuRKYw

«1

Comments

  • ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Cold Lake, ABPosts: 182Member
    Thanks for the links! I love what they are doing this halloween, great stuff :D
  • maddbomber83maddbomber83 Andrews, TXPosts: 422Member
  • AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by maddbomber83

    Video was cool, was there and all, but I was expecting more from this 1 time evetn

     

    there's a whole dungeon the 1 time thing was just for the intro to the dungeon unless you meant more from the intro then I could see.. 

    I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  • ThrennieThrennie LeedsPosts: 107Member
    I was loving the dungeon! Then server disconnect minutes before king thorn was dead.. -face plants-
  • JalitanJalitan New market, MDPosts: 99Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Thrennie
    I was loving the dungeon! Then server disconnect minutes before king thorn was dead.. -face plants-

    Server dropped as we were making the killing blow.

  • YakkinYakkin irvine, CAPosts: 919Member

    Even though I said I was bored of GW2, I was extremely curious about this "Mad King", so I decided to pop in, got a group, and tried to kill the Mad King...

    And then we got disconnected, and I can't get back in because of some kind of BS error about a firewall...

     

    Any idea how to fix it?

  • ThrennieThrennie LeedsPosts: 107Member
    Originally posted by Enigmatus

    Any idea how to fix it?

    They're posting on twitter that it's not a server but a connectivity issue, presumably on their end. I guess only thing to do is wait and hope they resolve it soon.

  • JyiigaJyiiga Seneca, SCPosts: 1,042Member Uncommon
    'We're experiencing a connectivity issue in our datacenter. Hang in there, everyone: We're working hard on it! ~RB2"
  • jpnzjpnz SydneyPosts: 3,529Member

    I expected more since ANet really hyped this 'one time event'.

    Basically it was a 1mins video that didn't work for some people because the servers bugged out and the dungeon keeps on crashing.

    Its early days and stuff needs to be ironed out but I can't say I'm impressed.

    Some in my guild are really upset and I'm getting figures of 50% of servers being bugged out either on the video or the dungeon. Which is hilarious.

    Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

  • ThrennieThrennie LeedsPosts: 107Member

    Anyway it appears we can log into the servers again.

    Kinda lost heart now though as I hoped I'd be back in the dungeon, as I'd been soloing Thorn when I got down to almost killing him. But back in Lion's Arch.

    Ah well... :/

  • HokieHokie Vancouver Wa.Posts: 1,063Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jpnz

    Some in my guild are really upset and I'm getting figures of 50% of servers being bugged out either on the video or the dungeon. Which is hilarious.

    Did they cry? I'd sure like to think so.

     

    It was a technical problem, if they could have predicted it then they could have predicted the winning numbers for that one $500M mega lottery jackpot.

    Some things you can only react too.

    "I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

  • YakkinYakkin irvine, CAPosts: 919Member
    And it bugged out again.
  • MsengeMsenge baltimore, MDPosts: 90Member
    Strange, I've do the MAd King dungeon about 5 times now and not a single issue.  Hmm.  Guess I'm just lucky.
  • made a vid of the cut scene as well. can watch in 1080p

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTlnCR_0sls

  • tank017tank017 Glendale, CAPosts: 2,192Member
    I did the instance boss fight without a problem..got a 10 slot bag for it.I thought it was fun over all.
  • FinitFinit Smithsburg, MDPosts: 145Member

    Finished it several times with 5 friends.  ArenaNet's system sent us to the same phase immediately without a hitch.  The boss was extremely well designed, and we all had a blast.  The rewards went really well for me, (an exotic worth 1g and 5 fine transmuation stones, compared to everyone else's greens/blues.)

    Between this boss event, the Lunatic Inquisition mini-game, and the Clock Tower jumping puzzle, I had a blast this holiday season.  ArenaNet really outdid themselves for Halloween, even with the admittedly slow start.  I think some of the skin prices could drop more from black lion boxes, and I'm not a huge fan of cash shop RNG items, but I'm pleased with the overall holiday.

    Can't wait to see what they have in store for Acrt 4.  Rumor is that it's a giant party, which sounds fun to me!

    My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

  • AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by tank017
    I did the instance boss fight without a problem..got a 10 slot bag for it.I thought it was fun over all.

    awsome:) going to try it when i get home

    I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  • YakkinYakkin irvine, CAPosts: 919Member
    Quick question: are the devs watching every player in the game during this event?
  • maddbomber83maddbomber83 Andrews, TXPosts: 422Member

    To be clear, the 1 min video was meh as a 1 time event.  I was expecting more based on the hype, like maybe the mad king jumps out and starts killing everyone.

     

    As for the instance, that is not 1 time but something you can do whenever (during the event), I had fun.

     

    I crashed about 5 min before the event, which was sad because I logged on early to get through the overflow; but being the event was just meh this was not as big an issue.

     

    I had a group of 5 and we entered, 1 person bugged out hard and could not get into our instance at all.  We ended up 4 manning it.

     

    The instance itself was fun, once we got through the frustration at the start (we didn't relize it was a 5 man and tried to duo it....).  The loot was meh for me, no golds (except crafting matts) but that is to be expected with the RNG.  2 members of the group got good loot, the wife and I did not.

    The hiding the chest 1 level below, was just funny.  Luckily we had 2 people in our guild who found this before too many people just left the instance thinking they were done.

     

    Lots of bugs with this event and to be honest this is a little disturbing.  Yes you can give them credit / blame where you want, but they have repeatedily said how the game is optimized to reduce the require bandwidth.  When you don't have a steady income, minimal servers is needed, and with minimal server/hardware I think this is going to become the norm, not the exception, for buy to play games.

  • RyowulfRyowulf Greensburg, PAPosts: 668Member Uncommon
    After the cut scene, I just jumped into the fountain. I had to fight the boss alone. Not so much fun.
  • YakkinYakkin irvine, CAPosts: 919Member
    Originally posted by Ryowulf
    After the cut scene, I just jumped into the fountain. I had to fight the boss alone. Not so much fun.

    I'm guessing you didn't survive?

  • jpnzjpnz SydneyPosts: 3,529Member
    Originally posted by maddbomber83

    /snip

    Lots of bugs with this event and to be honest this is a little disturbing.  Yes you can give them credit / blame where you want, but they have repeatedily said how the game is optimized to reduce the require bandwidth.  When you don't have a steady income, minimal servers is needed, and with minimal server/hardware I think this is going to become the norm, not the exception, for buy to play games.

    Don't think it has to do with B2P model at all.

    ANet is slowly finding out why 'one time event' is a bad idea. Biggest MMO server / infrastructure is probably EVE-Online and even that has to do TiDi when fleet sizes go up to the 1000s.

    Technical limitations are almost impossible to fix regardless of business model. Even WoW can't handle 1000+ toons at once and that engine is old with people on hardware that's light years ahead when it was made.

    Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

  • AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Originally posted by maddbomber83

    /snip

    Lots of bugs with this event and to be honest this is a little disturbing.  Yes you can give them credit / blame where you want, but they have repeatedily said how the game is optimized to reduce the require bandwidth.  When you don't have a steady income, minimal servers is needed, and with minimal server/hardware I think this is going to become the norm, not the exception, for buy to play games.

    Don't think it has to do with B2P model at all.

    ANet is slowly finding out why 'one time event' is a bad idea. Biggest MMO server / infrastructure is probably EVE-Online and even that has to do TiDi when fleet sizes go up to the 1000s.

    Technical limitations are almost impossible to fix regardless of business model. Even WoW can't handle 1000+ toons at once and that engine is old with people on hardware that's light years ahead when it was made.

    i remember some of the older MMOs, my memory is foggy but if I remember right AO and AC had dev events but back then there were a lot less people playing at once... i do remember some of the farewell events like SWG was a laggy nightmare...

    I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  • tank017tank017 Glendale, CAPosts: 2,192Member
    Originally posted by Ryowulf
    After the cut scene, I just jumped into the fountain. I had to fight the boss alone. Not so much fun.

    lol just about everyone did..

     

    then there was a huge clump of players at the spawn point that went LFG.

  • Shatter30Shatter30 Waterford, MIPosts: 485Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by Ryowulf
    After the cut scene, I just jumped into the fountain. I had to fight the boss alone. Not so much fun.

    lol just about everyone did..

     

    then there was a huge clump of players at the spawn point that went LFG.

    I've solod him 3 times now.  Once on my Mesmer, twice on my Thief, hes not hard to solo and you can get out of range and heal back up(out of combat) and in doing so he doesnt regen...just slip in and out of combat as much as u like with him.  Not really worth it though, rewards seem to be mediocre after the first time...all I got were greens.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.