Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Initial Feel is great

NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I wanted to try this game because Wizards 101 was a good game IMO just not one I liked for the long run.  My initial feelings of this game are great as well and I love the combat system (it's refreshing IMO).

My only complaint for the long run would be the lack of a guild system.  While understand the lack of one since this games tries to capture a younger than average age group that most MMOs I think would be nice for older games.  And, I mean you could easily integrate parental controls to allow parents to keep children from joining guilds (or only being in the same guild as the parent).

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Guilds are almost a must in a MMO today. Having said that, the game prides itself on accessibility through random friend encounters. If the game had guilds, you could have.more structured gameplay and avoid playing with random kids. Something I'm sure isn't in KIs interest
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I don't see how it would be against their intrests.  Make it a members only feature throw in parental controls and call it day.

They've already said they're thinking of ways to prevent random people from joining your fights if you don't want them to.  It's an MMO and this wouldn't hurt their hold on the younger audience just strengthen their hold on their older players.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by NetSage

I don't see how it would be against their intrests.  Make it a members only feature throw in parental controls and call it day.

They've already said they're thinking of ways to prevent random people from joining your fights if you don't want them to.  It's an MMO and this wouldn't hurt their hold on the younger audience just strengthen their hold on their older players.

Because then people will be begging and complaining why instances can't be guild locked so random people can't join but only guildmembers can etc. etc. etc.

Guilds = closed communities within a game. It should be fairly obvious why that isn't in the interest of a company running a kiddy game.. even if adults can enjoy it as well

I could be wrong, we'll see what the future holds

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

I honestly hope they don't change the join in settings.  Yes, it can suck a little to suddenly have to fight 4 more things when you just pushed yourself to the limit on the 4 you already had...but in the end its more xp more gold and more items just because someone wanted to kill stuff with you.

Actually, KI would make a killing on Pirate "Clans" by selling them islands for a ton of crowns and letting them decorate it up.  In fact, they could probably also sell them shopkeepers for crowns and make the bought island part of the game world.  Then they could sell their loot on their own island.  Its certainly something I know for a fact folks will pay money for.  So the guild feature would be good for them.  Plus it would be neat to see fleets of pirate ships tearing across the sky together too.  Maybe have a shared guild Flag and colors.

Anyway, its not aimed at us or our market.  I'm just having fun with it regardless.  A lot of fun actually.  I've said for years that I'd kill for a Skies of Arcadia MMO...and I got one, more or less.  So I'm just gonna love it for what it is and maybe not regret that later.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    I get why they don't I really do I just don't agree with it being the best path for the game :P.
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by Starpower

Because then people will be begging and complaining why instances can't be guild locked so random people can't join but only guildmembers can etc. etc. etc.

Guilds = closed communities within a game. It should be fairly obvious why that isn't in the interest of a company running a kiddy game.. even if adults can enjoy it as well

I could be wrong, we'll see what the future holds

^ This

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by Starpower
    Guilds are almost a must in a MMO today. Having said that, the game prides itself on accessibility through random friend encounters. If the game had guilds, you could have.more structured gameplay and avoid playing with random kids. Something I'm sure isn't in KIs interest

Yeah, what this dude said. Think you hit the nail on the head, bud. I like not knowing who I'm gonna wind up fighting alongside.

Isaiah 41:10