Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall forums censoring negative discussions on latest video.

2»

Comments

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Raxeon

hell for 10 or 15 to give the new game a go ill take it

I never said I wouldn't give it a try, as I said in another thread here it will be interesting, I played Dark and Light because it was interesting too, it's Han who has the blind faith wedged into hyperdrive.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Flute

i tried dust514 its garbage

That's a shame: redeemable garbage or fundamentally flawed beyond all hope of ever being not garbage?

i mean i just dont like it other people might the game it self works fine just it should have been on pc the ps3 is limiting it so much

I never said I wouldn't give it a try, as I said in another thread here it will be interesting, I played Dark and Light because it was interesting too, it's Han who has the blind faith wedged into hyperdrive.

this game is a ton more playable than dark and light ever was. darkfall problem is just flaws with the mechanics 

Phew, that's ok then.  CCP have let slip that they plan to keep Dust indefinitely, so it will probably be around long after PS3 has slipped into the place all old consoles go.

Edit - yup yup, DnL faceplanted big time.  It actually will be entertaining playing Df:UW to see what happens, it will likely have a spectacular and memorable first month; whether it makes it past that first month only time will tell. 

Phew, that's ok then.  CCP have let slip that they plan to keep Dust indefinitely, so it will probably be around long after PS3 has slipped into the place all old consoles go.

Edit - yup yup, DnL faceplanted big time.  It actually will be entertaining playing Df:UW to see what happens, it will likely have a spectacular and memorable first month; whether it makes it past that first month only time will tell. 

of course i made it 2 months in the reginal but that was with the beta i just couldnt do anything with the combat pvp : (

DnL had pvp?!  I never found anyone else in-game to pvp lol   I did really enjoy going to the top of mountains, snowboarding half way down then gliding over the glacial valleys.  Great world concept, horrible horrible well, pretty much everything else that wasn't the view, snowboarding or gliding.
    DnL had pvp?!  I never found anyone else in-game to pvp lol   I did really enjoy going to the top of mountains, snowboarding half way down then gliding over the glacial valleys.  Great world concept, horrible horrible well, pretty much everything else that wasn't the view, snowboarding or gliding.

im talking about darkfall dnl i lasted 5 secs

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    They always delete threads and non constructive feedback that there are many of and overexaggerates. I can understand some of your concerns, but at the same time you're pulling it a bit to far as to what reality concerns. You need to let go Flute, let big sister be.
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Aventurine is known for deleting negative posts BUT they only remove posts that are nothing more then pure negativity.  they wont remove negative post if it is constructive.

Its forumfall after all, the forums here at mmorpg.com are moderated 10 times stricter then the ones of darkfall and you cant blame them for removing some things, they are trying to sell their product + it is their forums.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Falesh
    So all the negative stuff, up to and including "F*** (not censored on the DF forum) YOU AV.", in this thread does not exist? I just re-read it and I'm pretty sure that if I can read it so can others. There are already a lot of threads about the update, it was not neccasary for you to create another one and it got locked.

Oh right, people can express thier veiws but only in places that it won't be read.  Gotcha.

P.s. be careful about assumptions you make - they are just that, assumptions. 

shhhh now, stop being silly.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

You worry to much about the wrong things.

Go donate to a charity and save a life of a starving child or something.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    I would delete to all of negative post. It is enough of this stupid trolls all over the forums. Someone want that, someone want some other things and bla bla bla goes on. There is no place for democracy sometimes

What you describe is fascism.

If a company cannot learn from negative constructive feedback then they are missing a trick.

Trolling aside, there needs to be leeway for customers to discuss anything about the product they have paid for, be that positive or negative.

While imo DF is one of the worst mmo's ever made and DF:UW looks equally terrible Aventurine are normally quite fair and liberal with their moderation, can't really fault them. I have had threads that have been allowed to run for weeks because the discussions were constructive and civil, not trolling and the mods have actually weeded out and deleted troll posts that attempted to de-rail the discussion.

A lot of other official forums are not so tollerant.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

it's Han who has the blind faith wedged into hyperdrive.

Blind faith, where are you getting that?  I've only said UWs population wont be an issue at launch given theres only 2 servers. (NA/Euro) , number of past players and current interest.  These players sticking around after the first month is another story.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by coxyroxy

You worry to much about the wrong things.

Go donate to a charity and save a life of a starving child or something.

Already do.

Millions and millions, u do know Adventurine is Greek right :)

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Based on the sounds of the OP I agree this could be bad.

I like the Idea of the original DarkFall with actual arrows, magic skills wouldn't be so bad if there were no answers but if archers had the ability to do a skilled called Elemental arrows which they can freely change out to do X amount of damage with their bows. However AOE damage with each arrow is stupid if I read correctly, it needs to be skill based and cool down balanced to not be over powered.

Hopefully the game does well I have no idea but the problem I see with archers is MultiHack/Aimbot users encountered about 3 people in DarkFall using hacks, and raybots to automatically cast on people coming up ladders on ships and such.

Hopefully DFUW is a good MMO will have to wait and see.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Based on the sounds of the OP I agree this could be bad.

I like the Idea of the original DarkFall with actual arrows, magic skills wouldn't be so bad if there were no answers but if archers had the ability to do a skilled called Elemental arrows which they can freely change out to do X amount of damage with their bows. However AOE damage with each arrow is stupid if I read correctly, it needs to be skill based and cool down balanced to not be over powered.

Hopefully the game does well I have no idea but the problem I see with archers is MultiHack/Aimbot users encountered about 3 people in DarkFall using hacks, and raybots to automatically cast on people coming up ladders on ships and such.

Hopefully DFUW is a good MMO will have to wait and see.

Actual arrows still exist, just fire your bow as usual. The addition of actual skills (which everyone BUT archers had in DF1) doesnt take away from that. You will have situations where your normal shots / single target skills will be preferred to AoEing.

The whole idea of elemental arrows wouldnt really work too well because you already have elemental weapons through enchanting / transmuting. Unless they added some sort of elemental combo system where you could stack the same element or mix 2 elements for different effects.

The skills will have cooldowns, especially the ultimate skill Salvo, which is something the OP is clearly trying to ignore and act like everyone is just going to be running around nonstop spamming AoEs as an archer.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    I never played Darkfall and I always regretted it. Reading the OP, I have to say, if those are the biggest complaints and worries about 2.0, then it sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Wanted to add that another thing that is being clearly overlooked by many when it comes to complaints about "rays" (even though Puncture is not an actual ray). The issue in Darkfall 1 was that you had a variety of rays, typically at least 1 from every school of magic allowing you to chain several rays together with no waiting between them. You could easily macro several rays and just destroy people in a few seconds if you aimed and kept your range well.

But what do we have in this case? 1 skill that is close to a ray. Thats it. At worst you might wind up with 2 rays on that person (assuming the secondary school they pick also has a ray-like skill). Youre not going to have 10 or so rays able to be spammed in succession.

Just something else to keep in mind when complaining about balance issues that existed in DF1 and trying to put them in the context of DFUW as if things are still exactly the same. As I mentioned before, we have only seen 2 of 16 schools. We dont even know what the others will be capable of in comparison to those 2 or what sort of ocunters might also be in place for some of the things being complained about.

Also, assuming they will sill have similar skill / stat effects as in DF1 that do things like reduce damage from specific types of attacks (such as AoEs): We dont know how effective such things will be yet. For all we know, focusing on maxing out your AoE defense could make getting caught in an AoE like Salvo do practically nothing to you. Perhaps some roles / schools will even be able to specialize in countering AoE damage.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

first of all arrows have arc, not an unlimited linear trajectory. it is much harder to hit distant target with bows, then with magic.

2nd, arrows dont have an aoe, so this only adds to the difficult in hitting far away targets.

3rd, you can use a shield to mitigate arrow damage, you can't use a shield to mitigate magic damage.

when you take all that into account archery is very underpowered when put against magic.

stop complaning that magic got nerfed and bow got buffed. it was sorely needed. personaly i would have just shortened the range of magic to 2/3 of the range of archery, so that archery would be the long rage "weappon of choice" while magic would be the medium range "weappon of choice".

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    The thing is that everyone is opening a new thread about it while many active and existing ones exist.