Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you stand by your score rating of GW2 ?

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I think I gave it a 9.. and I can still give it a 9. Surprisingly I have more fun than at release so maybe even a little bit higher. Or not.. I'm waiting for better lfg tools and more guild activities.
  • TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437

It's one of the better FTP games, but most of those are about a 2. I'd give GW2 a 5 cause it took over 3 weeks to bore me.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

10/10.

Fact.

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

Well.. it did hold my entertaiment 2 months - pretty much what I expected. I have stopped reading online reviews - they are either paid ads or fanatics defending or hating their thing.

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    One of these days someone will post a poll in this forum without editorial bias in the OP... no really, it will happen!
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PranksterPrankster Member UncommonPosts: 163
    I had no problem with service. One ticket 6 hours and done, and this was right after release. As a matter of fact I'm reading the e-mail they sent regarding a bug I found yesterday while trying to fully explore a map. so thats 2 tickets

Refugee from UO,EQ,AC,AC2,AO,DAOC,L2,SB,HZ,CoH,PT,EQ2,WoW,VG,SWG,EVE,WAR,DF,MO,AI,GA,LOTRO, SWTOR... Gw2 on Deck

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Somebody asked for opinions, didn't get what they wanted to hear, and then got upset ;).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by tv2zulu
    [mod edit]

What´s this "majority" assumption? Yeah, the majority of people stand by their ratings even if it was a low one, the poll doesn´t say anything about the quality of the game.

I´d also didn´t change my inital impression rating of all aspects, outcome result is below 5 .

The ratings for different aspects of the game are completely meaningless and wrong, as pointed out by the RP rating and Service rating at 8.5 average.

More proof?

The ones posting 10/10 for everything. /rolleyes

9 out of 10 folks said they stand by their high score. That's not an assumption. Count the posts.

Completely meaningless and wrong- TO YOU. Important to make it about you and not us. You dont think for everyone :)

Once again, you can't dictate what someone thinks is a fantastic value.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Somebody asked for opinions, didn't get what they wanted to hear, and then got upset ;).

Sometimes I almost get the hang of schadenfreud :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Yup. I went from a 7/10 after the betas to a 3/10 about 1 month after release. Pretty graphics but no substance at all.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    *snip*

I learned there is no reason, there is just a crowd who rates everything GW2 related truckloads of biased 10s for everything.

That´s what I learned from this thread.

just facinating you can't wrap your head around the fact people actually find this to be an amazing game and rate it high even is aspects you don't agree with.. news flash people have very differn't values in what makes a great game some people love games like TSW many might find it garbage same for swtor or wow and any other game..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Toxia

Once again, you can't dictate what someone thinks is a fantastic value.

I´m only worried about the future of MMOs and GW2 clones popping up instead of good games with real innovation and more challenging game play.

Welcome to another decade of theme park clone MMOs, now without quest hubs.

The thing is I don´t even care how well GW2 goes, you all can play this for all eternity and be happy with it,  I´m just disappointed by the MMO community that this type of gameplay was able to get such a positive reception.

Despite the fan hype, when I played the beta I thought this will be the biggest flop in MMO history - fact.

But it did not flop - so other companies will see that as a sign that over casualized "reward for everything" theme park MMOs and removed group responsibility are going strong, that is the real drawback for the whole GENRE.

I hoped the pure themepark concept gets finally canned and more innovative titles with innovative mechanics will finally emerge.

Now that mmorpg rated this title an ultimate 10/10 for "innovation" which turned out to be "no quest hubs" and an automatic quest log, I think this was the worst sign reviewers could give to the industry.

Big companies will now create slightly adapted GW2 clones instead of WoWclones, which is just sad. This will continue for the next years and the majority of the genre remains at the stale, dumbed down state it has been in for years now.

My hope rests on World of Darkness, Archeage and Star Citizen. But those titles will be competing against a dozen GW2 clones by the time of release, and players will enjoy doing the same thing as in every other MMO, AGAIN.

Small steps friend, all about small steps :)

I personally think GW2 is innovating in all the right areas for THEMEPARK mmo's.

They took all the tedious from their MMO(minus Legendaries). They made it all about fun and the short haul.

IE: A casual, pick up at the end of the work day and have some simple fun game.

I think your mistake was expecting something deep from a themepark.

EDITED to add that i think the genre is finally moving forward. They have realised you cant try and cater to themepark and saondbox playstyles at the same time.

So we finally have a seperation of subgenres. GW2 for one group, Archage/Eve/etc for the other. This is good.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    *snip*

I learned there is no reason, there is just a crowd who rates everything GW2 related truckloads of biased 10s for everything.

That´s what I learned from this thread.

just facinating you can't wrap your head around the fact people actually find this to be an amazing game and rate it high even is aspects you don't agree with.. news flash people have very differn't values in what makes a great game some people love games like TSW many might find it garbage same for swtor or wow and any other game..

whats also interesting about this, is that he chooses to post about GW2  MORE than any other videogame out there.  GW2 is obviously the most important game to him even if he doesn't realize it.    

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

EDITED to add that i think the genre is finally moving forward. They have realised you cant try and cater to themepark and saondbox playstyles at the same time.

So we finally have a seperation of subgenres. GW2 for one group, Archage/Eve/etc for the other. This is good.

After the GW2 success the Archeage/EvE/WoD types of games will remain underdog.

Most companies will continue to cater to the mass market and that is clearly the GW2 target audience.

I don´t even want to know how many great game concepts have been scrapped or crippled by now to adapt to the GW2 type themepark scheme. GW2 is not even an inch of a sandbox.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    I gave it a 6 / 10 at launch and still stand by my score. It is an ok game.. As a B2P game it is worth the box fee.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Most companies will continue to cater to the mass market and that is clearly the GW2 target audience.

I don´t even want to know how many great game concepts have been scrapped or crippled by now to adapt to the GW2 type themepark scheme. GW2 is not even an inch of a sandbox.

if you look at games coming on the horizon you would see how ridiulous your little "crusade" is but whatever floats your boat i guess

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Yup. I went from a 7/10 after the betas to a 3/10 about 1 month after release. Pretty graphics but no substance at all.

You can say that about all mmorpgs. Tell me which mmorpg you didn't leave after 1 month or got bored?

I still enjoy GW2 but it's not as fun after 2 months because i've played over 300 hours in that short time. Also, there is coming more content in November which will be a refreshment.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

if you look at games coming on the horizon you would see how ridiulous your little "crusade" is but whatever floats your boat i guess

Those games coming in 2013 and 2014 have a few years of work in them. It's not adaptions to GW2. The games that will adapt to GW2 and make it even better will be out 2015-2017.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    i had issue with my hdtv was thinking it was the game,saw an old post (ok ok very old)that said screen were optimised for adobe rgb 1998 and the industry always ignored os maker flavor of the day!i didnt believe it of caurse so i went and got adobe rgb 1998!what the fuck is this?now i GOT FULL HD!cheer ,i almost want to cry!ya i can confirm with a toshiba 24sl410u,when moninfo.exe say non-srgb ,they mean non-srgb(they could yell use adobe rgb 1998 ,but i bet ms wouldnt like it(lol)bottom line almost all screen are adobe rgb 1998!so you want good quality use adobe rgb 1998!i always loved thegw2 graphic but now?wow!i love the phy brain puzzle ,just worked too much in the last 1 month didnt have time to game!
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

So let me see if I have this right.  You think that after 8 years of producing utter garbage, that GW2 will somehow change the rate at which garbage is produced, either for better or for worse?

You should write fantasy fiction.  There were no great game concepts before, GW2 isn't going to change that.  In fact, there are more sandbox games on the horizon than ever, most of which don't resemble GW2 in the slightest.  Stop being so melodramatic.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Anyhow, GW2 is doing great and you're disappointed in that. We understand.  I'm sorry that other people enjoying a game is causing you distress. 

EDIT: The mods removed his comment, so I'll remove my reply.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    When I first started playing, I would have rated it a very solid 8.  Now, after not playing for about 2 months now, I'd have to downgrade it to 7.5.  Still a good game and well worth the pruchase price but I got bored with it far too quickly, hence the lower score.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Originally posted by boxsnd

You can say that about all mmorpgs. Tell me which mmorpg you didn't leave after 1 month or got bored?

I still enjoy GW2 but it's not as fun after 2 months because i've played over 300 hours in that short time. Also, there is coming more content in November which will be a refreshment.

2 MMOs: WoW and DAoC, about 3 years each.

Why? DAoC's endgame PvP was addicting as hell. If they didn't destroy it with those horrible expansions I would still play today.

Now about WoW, the PvE (leveling/gear progression) was somewhat fun, but I was never crazy about it. I guess my standards are higher now.

GW2 had a great chance to be the next big thing but they blew it with the lack of FUN endgame progression.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I stand by my 8.5/10.

Role playing is what you make of it in MMOs. 

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

So I have been wondering if those numbers under "user rating" really represent the current status, especially the "Service" rating of 8,5 out of 700 ratings and the value rating of 9.4 considering the heavy cash shop centric itemization keeps me scratching my head, service team takes weeks to answer inquiries, unpleasant but truthful concerns on the GW2 get deleted and users infracted left and right.

Question do you stand by your ratings now after playing for some time or will you edit / have you edited your rating?

Do you even play GW2? Heavy Cash Shop Centric itemization? What in blazes are you going on about?

I haven't had to rely on the service team yet, so good or bad it doesn't really matter to me. At first they were no doubt swamped. As players wisen up problems should sink to managable levels.

imageimage