Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you stand by your score rating of GW2 ?

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

I keep my 9/10 - not perfect, but still the best theme park MMORPG released in the last 8 years, and also, for once, an AAA quality game which breaks the WoW clone model. Even more now that I have witnessed what ANet's free content updates are, which completely negates what all the naysayer experts were saying about content in B2P no sub MMOs - and this is a "small" content upgrade the huge one is coming in November.

Originally posted by eGumball

Funny that you open a thread to ask for opinions, and later on, you come to negtavily comment all the possitive ones!

I see this poll more like another attempt to try to validate the negative opinions (and notably the OP's, see his post history about GW2) about the game, a sort of "told you so" attempt. Sadly (for him), it didn't turn like he hoped it would, so now he tries to invalidate every positive input here.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Ratings these days are so confusing.  Is 8 average or very good?  My rating was and is 7 which is very good.  I'm in the camp that 5 should be average not fing 8.

0-2 is horrible/bad/okay and 8-9-10 is average/very good/amazing.

I gave a game a 4, another a 6 and a 7, and more recently a 7 to another one. I won't say the game names because I don't want to start a meaningless debate about what game is better and similar stuff, I just wanted to invalidate your assumptions about how people you don't even know note games.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Yea, rated it a 7 and its still a 7............imo
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Ratings these days are so confusing.  Is 8 average or very good?  My rating was and is 7 which is very good.  I'm in the camp that 5 should be average not fing 8.

0-2 is horrible/bad/okay and 8-9-10 is average/very good/amazing.

I gave a game a 4, another a 6 and a 7, and more recently a 7 to another one. I won't say the game names because I don't want to start a meaningless debate about what game is better and similar stuff, I just wanted to invalidate your assumptions about how people you don't even know note games.

Don´t you get it, you have a rating a mind already and like many others rate EVERY aspect of the game a 10, out comes an average rating of 8.5 for RPing (which is a joke since there is no meaningful RPing in GW2 at ALL) same goes for service, the service is beyond bad, still it got a 8.5, so basically the conclusion is that the ratings are quite dishonest and biased.

You go to ratings, you like GW2, put 10s for everything, done. Why rating game aspects at all if no one cares and gives out numbers blindly?

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

10/10 for me. 500 hours of pure fun.

Comes in 2nd or 3rd to my all time favorites.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    I give it a 6.5. The world itself is a very nice environment, but the game is only fun for a short period of time. The game is extremely shallow. The desire to log in every day has left me. This game holds no longevity for me.
  • dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

So I have been wondering if those numbers under "user rating" really represent the current status, especially the "Service" rating of 8,5 out of 700 ratings and the value rating of 9.4 considering the heavy cash shop centric itemization keeps me scratching my head, service team takes weeks to answer inquiries, unpleasant but truthful concerns on the GW2 get deleted and users infracted left and right.

Question do you stand by your ratings now after playing for some time or will you edit / have you edited your rating?

I can play without cash shop with no problems at all. If cash shop is required to play THEN it's a problem. Simple as that.

Service team - this I understand. I would be mad about it year ago but now ? I experienced TOR service. 500mln dolars game by EA, Bioware and Mything with Star Wars icon on it, and I still waited week or two for an answer. And if I had to contact them by phone it took few hours. So if 500mln dolar games had so many problems with popularity then what you can say about GW2 made by ANet when their budget is not even near EA game and their popularity is far far beyond TOR.

Nothing is deleted. I visit GW2 forum all the time. When some topic is deleted, usually it is because it's questioning game mechanic (and it's pointless arguing about that) AND it's usually yet another topic about it. Dungeons difficulty is best example here. 

So yeah, I stand by numbers.

I´m mad about these three numbers because they are incorrect.

It´s the "Service" rating  8.5 (laughable)

The "RPing" 8.5  (blatantly wrong)

Also the innovation 10 is a provocation, biased and simply wrong (basically destroys MMO the industry moving forward if zergs and removing quest hubs is the ultimate innovation, well then so be it if you think so)

Graphics, ok 8-9 - engine is great -- but still I am not a fan of the stylized/cartoony art style, that is subjective. Probably the only rating which is understandable.

Sound 9.4 ? How in the world could they get that rating with this type of voiceacting and repetitive music.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I don't know squat about "RP'ing", but the sound is a 9 or above for me.  Jeremy Soule's music is great, but what pleased me even more than that were the sound effects.  Best I've heard since WoW.  Maybe even better.

Obviously, that's not as important to everyone, but it counts for a large chunk of my sound score.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Uh?  I didn't make one, scores are stupid.

I suspect, as usual when discussing a 'score', someone else finds their personal 'score' notably different (either more or less)?  That is, after all, the only time anyone finds a 'score' worth commenting on.

Accurate depiction, op?

Yus, you consider a '10' score a provocation--this is a topic you view from a fanboy/hater perspective.  Instead of, you know, a lot of different people with different ideas viewing the same game in completely different ways.

Don't respond to provocations.  And yes, tu quoque is the only expected answer. :/

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

So I have been wondering if those numbers under "user rating" really represent the current status, especially the "Service" rating of 8,5 out of 700 ratings and the value rating of 9.4 considering the heavy cash shop centric itemization keeps me scratching my head, service team takes weeks to answer inquiries, unpleasant but truthful concerns on the GW2 get deleted and users infracted left and right.Question do you stand by your ratings now after playing for some time or will you edit / have you edited your rating?  

I'd change mine to a 10. GW just keeps getting better the longer I play.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I stand by my high rating of 10/10 for GW2.

$60 bucks well spend.

Join a great casual friendly chatty guild. 

Free give away big content update after Halloween event. 

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/arenanet-responsible-mmo-companies-give-away-content/  

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    6.9/10 ......
  • Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Mannish
    I never rated the game high so I stand by my low rating.

This

Same

Originally posted by xmenty

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/arenanet-responsible-mmo-companies-give-away-content/  

how many treasure chest keys to open the grab bags did you buy from the cash shop before getting this "free" content update?

Besides, until they haven´t delivered a "free big content update" it is still vaporware.

Woah, now they are even pretending they are the only MMO with free content updates.. amazing really

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

Yes. I didn't vote it very high in the first place.  About 5-6/10.

For me it was a cut and paste world but it IS an mmo you can drop and pick back up no probs again.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Huh, speaking of provocation..

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by xmenty

how many treasure chest keys to open the grab bags did you buy from the cash shop before getting this "free" content update?

Besides, until they haven´t delivered a "free big content update" it is still vaporware.

Woah, now they are even pretending they are the only MMO with free content updates.. amazing really

Dude, the keys drop ingame and you can buy the Halloween costume at the Auction House.

Why the fk do you want to buy keys on the CS?

Well on the update issue, I going to trust Anet as their integrity haven't been broken yet, in my book.

I wouldn't trust you tho.

All you do is based everything on assumptions and personal opinion.

GW2 deserve 10/10.

Take it easy dude, GW2 is the 2nd coming.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

I still stand by my 10. Then again, I am a casual player who is not about numbers, efficiency nor contemplating at the end goal of the game but instead, just having a great time meeting new people, hanging out with guildies and ultimately doing things that I have a blast with :).

....Like that clock tower that I spent a whole day on...<333

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

It is amazing how many people still feel the pressure to flame this game.

Just to give you some hints:

1. Graphics - Despite the outdated engine the best looking MMORPG on the market.
    2. World - In terms of exploring a huge world with a lot of secrets the most rewarding MMORPG on the market.
    3. Questing - Bringing people together dynamically changing the word - again best MMORPG on the market.
    4. PvP - WvWvW alone makes it the best MMORPG on the market.
    5. Pay-model - B2P plus a completely optional shop makes it the best MMORPG on the market.
    6. Being innovative in order to get away from outdated mechanics like trinity and item-treadmill it is ahead of any other MMORPG.
    All servers are full.

There is only one single thing that one could complain about :  There are no raid-instances and 5 man instances are not as good as in WoW. But hey, I can live with that, because I never liked classical raiding much and as good as dungeons are in WoW, they get boring quickly and then it just becomes a grind.

So the next 2 years I can level all my alts and have tons of fun in GW2, because it is always fun AND rewarding to run around this gorgeous world. There are always some dynamic events that I missed and if I do some again, I dont care, because they are fun. Finally there is always WvWvW wating for me, which is the most exciting pvp-stuff ever seen in an MMORPG.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    I think the people saying that they gave it a rating of 2 or 3 out of 10 never actually played it and are just on here trolling . I have played some bad and mediocre games in the past both solo and mmo and there ar every few games I would rate below a 5 out of 10 . On release I would have given Vanguard a  4 because it was very unfinnished but I could see it had some good ideas at its heart .  GW2 I gave an 8 because it is a very polished game even its not the perfect mmo for me .  People of course are entitled to their own opinions and if they give something like GW2 such a low mark , it makes me think they are either kind of immature and spoilt and think everything has to be perfect for them or it sucks or they simply are trolling . Its a little like the adult equivelent of a toddler throwing his toys out of the pram to get attention . 
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    A 8~ seems fair to me, considering all. I consider myself to be neither in the fanboy or the hater camp, and I enjoyed the game while it lasted (86 hours, if anyone cares).

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Think a 8 is about right. Its good quality but the longevity isn't there. Non of my guild mates plays it anymore. It was 4 weeks fun. Same as Tera and Swort. Nothing that can keep me going. (Tera I would give a 7.5 and Swort a 6)

But a 9.3 is waaaay to much...

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by morbuskabis

Think a 8 is about right. Its good quality but the longevity isn't there. Non of my guild mates plays it anymore. It was 4 weeks fun. Same as Tera and Swort. Nothing that can keep me going. (Tera I would give a 7.5 and Swort a 6)

But a 9.3 is waaaay to much...

Is there a sub score for longevity?

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by morbuskabis Think a 8 is about right. Its good quality but the longevity isn't there. Non of my guild mates plays it anymore. It was 4 weeks fun. Same as Tera and Swort. Nothing that can keep me going. (Tera I would give a 7.5 and Swort a 6) But a 9.3 is waaaay to much...
    Is there a sub score for longevity?

No thats why it got a 8 from me :-)

The numbers are for the game as a whole not a single sub score.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty