Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why so empty? :/

13»

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I will not be buying or playing Dust 514 because its on console.

It as pathetic that companies like CapCom release all these fighting games on Xbox 360 but will not release on PC for example.

Their last release on pc that I know of was Street Fighter X Tekken and the game isn't even worth $10 thats how bad it is. Now if they released the actual Mortal Kombat series, and Tekken, ETC. and made these playable across platforms PC to Xbox 360, PS3 etc. Then I would buy the games they release if they were worthit.

Dust 514 Has no reason why it should not be released on PC if a console can handle the game a PC should be able to as well I will not be playing on a console because it is why I bought a computer to begin consoles just meh, its lame I have to buy a seperate box to play games on when my PC can play the game.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Renoaku

It as pathetic that companies like CapCom release all these fighting games on Xbox 360 but will not release on PC for example.

Their last release on pc that I know of was Street Fighter X Tekken and the game isn't even worth $10 thats how bad it is. Now if they released the actual Mortal Kombat series, and Tekken, ETC. and made these playable across platforms PC to Xbox 360, PS3 etc. Then I would buy the games they release if they were worthit.

Dust 514 Has no reason why it should not be released on PC if a console can handle the game a PC should be able to as well I will not be playing on a console because it is why I bought a computer to begin consoles just meh, its lame I have to buy a seperate box to play games on when my PC can play the game.

It's a game built using Sony's PS3 MAG mod of UE!!! That's why it's only on PS3, because its using PS3 game mod. Get it?!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

It's a game built using Sony's PS3 MAG mod of UE!!! That's why it's only on PS3, because its using PS3 game mod. Get it?!

What the...

I don't even...

I'm just going to assume your post was intended as a joke and that the punchline went over my head.   :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

The reason they wanted to put it on PS3 was to keep it free. If you have a 360 your still stuck with monthly fees that CCP wanted to avoid if they werent getting the money from it. Also they needed to keep it on a single console since it has to connect to the Eve universe.

Also Sony and Microsoft will NEVER agree to work togeather for online. it hurts 360's biggest selling feature being LIVE "why pay for Live when i get the same players, connection and system for free with sony". when the vast majority of games are on both consoles, There is no real reason to have both and this is coming from a person who had both until 3 months ago.

Now if the 2 systems cant work togeather then Eve MUST pick one. CCP wanted to keep it as free as possible, Thus it shows up on PS3.

Though why they didnt pick PC only instead can only be them trying to stretch out to a bigger market. other than that i don't know.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• BrotherDBrotherD Member Posts: 52
    Its PS3 only. So I have to go buy a PS3 just to play it, when PS4 is coming out in 1-2 years. Not gonna happen. This was a really stupid idea from the start. Only way I gonna play it, is if it comes to PC or PS3 drops prices by at least half. 

Currently playing: AoC, RIFT, Champions Online, DDO, LORTO, STO and Tribes: Ascend
    Have Played: TSW, SWG, AO, EVE, WOW, EQ, EQ2, SW:TOR, GW,CoH, DCUO, RotMG, WAR,

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by BrotherD
    Its PS3 only. So I have to go buy a PS3 just to play it, when PS4 is coming out in 1-2 years. Not gonna happen. This was a really stupid idea from the start. Only way I gonna play it, is if it comes to PC or PS3 drops prices by at least half. 

The PS3 is not very expensive and has a Blu Ray player (the reason I bought mine) plus you can play online for free... Why NOT get one? The damn Blu Ray player alone is worth the $250 or so .

The next gen are (so I hear) not going to take any physical media (i.e. no Blu ray player)

-So IDK. I get far more use from my PS3 than my Xbox.... Not on games nessasarily but as an all around system.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Dude, you are arguing against a brick wall. Don't hurt yourself with it. I wish I could tell you that people care about why more than simply what is. However, as soon as the DEV team selected to make their game exclusively for one platform they alienated everyone else. It's like declaring a political party. Since the teams choice leaves everyone not on the PS3 high and dry that might have been interested they are going to complain. WHY doesn't matter. What is rules the current debate.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    My entire core of gaming friends (both locally and online) are all pc gamers. Some have consoles but I could not say which one or more and treat them nothing more than a part time gaming toy. There is still a very clear divide between pc and console gamers. Eve is built upon the pc community. As someone else mentioned, this game is extremely risky for CCP. They have to market to an entirely different group of players who mostly will respond to the question, "What do you think of Eve?" with "Huh?".

You stay sassy!

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

Man, I've seen so many people, including me, state that they would love the game, if only it was a PC game.

Let those bolded words ring into history.

Even if its ported to the PC.. Dust will still be a mediocre fps with pay to win features..

And 16vs16? how much fail is that..

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by tank017
    console MMO's suck

Yeah? Based on what? Which ones have you tried and what made them 'suck'?

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Because it's "closed beta" to a FPS mmorpg that few have heard about, care about, can actually play without spending money, or want to play over the FPS games that are already out of beta!

Originally posted by Vesavius
    console MMO's suck

Dust isn't a MMO. Eve is a MMO. Dust is like an attachment. It's not a MMO on its own. It has less players than MAG and Resistance 2 both of which are PS3 FPS exclusives.

• woeyewoeye Member Posts: 119

Haven't touched my PS3 for some months now. These days I'm playing on my PC mostly. It started with BF3 which is way better on the PC imho. Then Planetside 2 beta, Borderlands 2 and, yes, Guild Wars 2 ;)

Maybe I might have tried Dust if it was a PC game. Then again PS2 reminds me more of MAG. And MAG I was a great fan of. 

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    console MMO's suck

Dust isn't a MMO. Eve is a MMO. Dust is like an attachment. It's not a MMO on its own. It has less players than MAG and Resistance 2 both of which are PS3 FPS exclusives.

-Its also in closed beta.

-It also will remain in beta until at least the middle of 2013

-there is also a TON of misleading and misinformation.

-There is also some people who have tried the Beta and think that is the "game" without reading what is planned...

I would love to be able to point out many of the misconceptions but cannot due to a really strange NDA which (honeslty) should be lifted or better explained.

I will say that the maps, map size (which are pretty big as it is IMO) numbers of players, etc are a fraction of what  is planned and that right now it is my understanding that the focus is on getting certain aspects correct and balanced before adding more things and opening up certain... Other things.

I will also say that by keeping this in beta till mid 2013, this was a good move since this is a real Beta test and not a "2 month" early trial befor release.

And- If what I am reading about PS4 is true, this should be backword compatible so this is not a "Ps3 exclusive" since it will probably work on the next Playstation as well...Therefore its more of a "Playstation exclusive"

-Oh, and Mouse and keyboard WORKS with the PS3 (you are not forced to use a controler)

Plenty more I would love to say but cannot/willl not... But I think everyone is going to be surprised as pretty much this game is going to kick ass (and is fun as hell as it stands IMO)

EDIT: Kicking back in an easy chair with a 60 inch high def screen is a nice break from hunching over my desk... For a shooter I have to say that it is far better for me to play on a television- For an RPG not so much...

EDIT 2: The stuff you are seeing via you tube and that many people are saying (breaking their NDA) is wrong. This is due to the fact that only a very tiny amount of content is currently in the beta- And even the content that is there is limited as to what you can acess... Even still, its a blast. And it certainly isnt empty whenever I have played...

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    It's a PS3 exclusive game in an early beta stage, which hasn't really been marketed very much.  So basically, EVE fans who own PS3's are currently the main audience.

You make me like charity

• PerramasPerramas Member UncommonPosts: 83

Those of you who are saying dust is in early beta and wont be released until 2013, were are you getting this information from? Sony seems to think it will be released this year.

Sony Computer Entertainment America President and CEO Jack Tretton has indicated Dust 514 is set for an October release.
    He appeared on FOX Business to discuss Sony's PS3 and PS Vita strategy for the next year. The potential slip-up occurred when Tretton was talking about upcoming games.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/20007/sony-dust-514-to-release-next-month

http://www.dust514.org/home/item/rumour-is-dust-514-coming-out-in-october

FUncom putting the FU in fun since 1993.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    It's a PS3 exclusive game in an early beta stage, which hasn't really been marketed very much.  So basically, EVE fans who own PS3's are currently the main audience.

Don't you think the intersection between Eve Players and those of them who also own a PS3 is a little bit tiny for a target audience ? Whoever made the decision add CCP to make Dust PS3 only was... hmmm... let me say it nicely.... not very smart.

Originally posted by Anthur
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Don't you think the intersection between Eve Players and those of them who also own a PS3 is a little bit tiny for a target audience ? Whoever made the decision add CCP to make Dust PS3 only was... hmmm... let me say it nicely.... not very smart.

It's a f2P large scale FPS on the PS3. pS3 has plenty of fans of large scale FPS unlike the MS and Nintendo consoles, which have none.

if the game does well, people will flock to it. Logic.