Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I gotta say...

tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

and Im not knocking the game by saying this..

but the clock tower was the most fun Ive had in this game yet

With everyone clamoring over each other and people bitching about larger character models (im a charr,but the smallest size u can go)...

I couldnt stop laughing my ass off,spent an hour and a half doing it until i finally completed it.

fun times indeed,I was all smiles.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    yea the tower is awsome overly impressed with act 2 just has so much to do and still got 2 acts left:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    I predict that if GW2 playwer numbers are down after october that this event is the sole reason lol
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    I predict that if GW2 playwer numbers are down after october that this event is the sole reason lol

why is that? event has been amazing especially once act 2 went in.. tower frustration maybe? lol

oh btw you guys see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCzRcwXJE8&feature=g-hist

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

why is that? event has been amazing especially once act 2 went in.. tower frustration maybe? lol

Yup AI know several peopel who've blown off the Halloween event netirely because of Clocktower lol

Yup AI know several peopel who've blown off the Halloween event netirely because of Clocktower lol

lol that's silly if true as it's such a small part of it:P

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Must have spend 3 hours there before I cleared it, havent had that much fun in an MMO in a long while :)

but it's an essential part for completing the acheivwements and if they can't get 100% why bother at all.

but it's an essential part for completing the acheivwements and if they can't get 100% why bother at all.

that's a silly way to look at it i don't care about getting the achievment at all.. the 2 added pvp games are fun especially the lunatic one and the mad king labyrinth zone is fun as well.. also part 2 of the scavenger hunt was a lot better done than act 1 imho

that's a silly way to look at it i don't care about getting the achievment at all.. the 2 added pvp games are fun especially the lunatic one and the mad king labyrinth zone is fun as well.. also part 2 of the scavenger hunt was a lot better done than act 1 imho

But that's you.Other people are acheivement driven so for them it's a big deal.

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

Oh god..that clock tower...I LOOOOOVVVEEEEEEED IT SOOOO MUCH!

Yesterday I was doing it for the entire day. Laughed sooo much at my own failures and that of others.

The best thing about it is it is extremely challenging yet sooooo fun just because it brings everyone together and acts like a race to the top. I made a few friends there too.

Completed the tower 4 times yesterday. The window at the top kinda bugged out on me or maybe it was lag so the first 3 times I just fell when jumping into it. The last time I finally got the slippers which was like at 3am in the morning lolz.

I just wish Anet will implement similar jumping puzzles around the world. That would be awesome :)

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

did your friends check out youtube on solving this jumping puzzle?.. as seen in the video I posted guy even did it with his inventory covering his character

did your friends check out youtube on solving this jumping puzzle?.. as seen in the video I posted guy even did it with his inventory covering his character

No Idea and I didn't care enough about clocktower to look it up lol.For me it weasn't failing repeatedly it was being made to wait and watch that damn cuscene over and over inbetween attempts that irked me lol...but I jsut walked away to attempt it later .

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

do you get anything for completiing it multiple times?

can you get those slippers multiple times or something?

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

The irony of that is how much anet seems to like catering to achievement driven types.  Never understood any of that stuff, myself.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Originally posted by Vhaln

The irony of that is how much anet seems to like catering to achievement driven types.  Never understood any of that stuff, myself.

i like the daily achievments as they give decent xp.. but yea overall achievments aren't really something I care about but i know a lot that love them

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

OMG IS THAT VID FOR REALZ!?!?!? O.O

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    It was way easier with Charr then with human. But once I gpt the whole picture I finished it with all 5 chars.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    I didn't like the tower knew it wasn't for me, but I see people there constantly. As a gathcraftsplorer (you read that correctly) I enjoyed getting every recipe i could and making those + magic find recipes and that spiffy necklace. :)
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by ellobo29

OMG IS THAT VID FOR REALZ!?!?!? O.O

It's really not THAT hard as it looks (for a decent jumper). Not sure how other ppl do it but when Im doing puzzles repeatedly, Im not looking at character anyway, I look at the platform Im about to jump to right ? You can still see them above the inventory there. Tried that myself and I wasnt doing bad at all, it's a good way to spice things up a bit :)

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128

I find the Clocktower a masterpiece. Yes it's infuriatingly difficult (for me) and I doubt I will ever complete it but such is life. 

This over killing 150 boars, I mean carving 150 pumpkins any day thank you.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    It does look pretty cool.  Seems out of place in an MMO, with clunky MMO movement and controls.. but that aside, it does look cool.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

Silliest post yet Clocktower isn't part of the overall Meta-Achievement - it's an achievement but not needed for the Event Completion Title

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Stx11

Silliest post yet Clocktower isn't part of the overall Meta-Achievement - it's an achievement but not needed for the Event Completion Title

This ^

What I find funny about the people who complain about not being able to obtain an achievement, is they've completely lost touch with what makes achievements actually meaningful. They've been trained to think the achievement itself is impressive enough, when it used to be the actual challenge of getting them.

Some of these people are also the same people complaining about the game not having enough stuff to do / being too easy. Hypocracy ftw!