Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you stand by your score rating of GW2 ?

YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

So I have been wondering if those numbers under "user rating" really represent the current status, especially the "Service" rating of 8,5 out of 700 ratings and the value rating of 9.4 considering the heavy cash shop centric itemization keeps me scratching my head, service team takes weeks to answer inquiries, unpleasant but truthful concerns on the GW2 get deleted and users infracted left and right.

Question do you stand by your ratings now after playing for some time or will you edit / have you edited your rating?

Comments

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    7 - 8 is still about right to me.
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    It's like grading on a curve in a special ed class.. but yeah.  Compared to every other MMO out there, I'd still say it's about a 9.  If an MMO ever comes out that I really like though, and I'm talking long-term, it would have to be about a 15.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I never rated the game high so I stand by my low rating.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    yup stick by my 9 still best themepark i have played in the last decade.. i expected a great themepark and that's what i got

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Enigmatus

For customer service? Seriously, that was the worst experience I ever had in any MMO. I had an ongoing ticket over 5 weeks which was not even resolved properly. Response time was over 2 weeks, then they requested the same info I already posted in the same ticket.

"Service" is a 2-3 at best which is kinda bad. The only high rating I gave for Graphics.

Role playing, 8.5 ? How can anyone role play in this game that it deserves that high number? I must be doing something wrong then.

Graphics

• Fun
    • Sound
    • Community
    • Role-Playing
    • Performance/Lag
    • Value
    • Service

???

The only rating I can kinda agree with are the graphics, but a realistic graphics MMO could still degrade this 9.4 easily
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by Enigmatus

For customer service?

I was talking about gameplay.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Customer service really is absolutely horrendous, coming from EMEs work with TERA, this is a huge downgrade.

EME may have been retarded but they had a ticket system(would get a response within a day), 24/7 live chat and a phone line and I had positive experiences with all three, I even had a GM in game un-soulbind an item for me so I could give it to another character.

GW2 I can not even get a response from the support team or even a response as to why I was banned from the Anet forum e-mail.

As for fun, it delivers a solid 9 for me still, but value dropped with the restrictions on making money and prolonged enjoyment thanks to the lack of endgame and the need to keep their precious gem shop valuable.

Sound will drop 1 point because they still havent fixed all the random sound bugs that literally cause my eardrums to melt on occasion.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    yup stick by my 9 still best themepark i have played in the last decade.. i expected a great themepark and that's what i got

avg of 9 for me too -- altho i gave customer service a 5

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Standing by my 10 since there isnt a game out there for 60 bucks that I enjoyed for over 500 hours and still going O_O

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

avg of 9 for me too -- altho i gave customer service a 5

have had 0 issues id need to deal with customer service yet so really can't comment in that respect..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    10/10 still, not the best mmo I've seen but still one of the best mmos IMO.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

Originally posted by sammyeli
    Standing by my 10 since there isnt a game out there for 60 bucks that I enjoyed for over 500 hours and still going O_O

oh wow, very objective method to rate every aspect of this game a "10".

Now that explains a lot. Thanks for the insight

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

For customer service? Seriously, that was the worst experience I ever had in any MMO. I had an ongoing ticket over 5 weeks which was not even resolved properly. Response time was over 2 weeks, then they requested the same info I already posted in the same ticket.

"Service" is a 2-3 at best which is kinda bad. The only high rating I gave for Graphics.

Role playing, 8.5 ? How can anyone role play in this game that it deserves that high number? I must be doing something wrong then.

I haven't needed customer service for anything, yet, and one could argue that is the best kind of customer service.. or at the very least, makes it impossible to grade.  And the way the numbers are averaged, people don't want to knock their average score down, just because its an area that hasn't been relevant to them, personally.  Should be in a seperate catagory or something.

Role-playing, yeah..  MMOs are all terrible for roleplaying, because player characters have no place in the world, no lives, no purpose, they exist entirely to slaughter random wildlife ad nauseam, rather than anything more plausible.  You can make it up, sure, but that requires so much imagination, you might as well be laying in bed staring at the ceiling while you do it, rather than playing the game.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Jonoku

Not the best, its one of the best MMOs but it gets a 10 out of 10, that is a score that equates to perfection, I dont think well ever see an MMO deserving of a 10.

This is the reason I dont find the scores to matter much for anything, people who like the game will throw 9 and 10s and people who hate it will throw out 0-2.

Those two ends of the 0-10 scale are the scores that should be submitted least but probably make up for 90% of the votes cast.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336
    Best MMO out there.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I don't think there is much denying that GW2 is a great themepark game as such.  The launch was fairly smooth, and the game itself is very well polished and fleshed out for a brand new game.  The world is beautiful on high graphics settings.

My problems in staying engaged with it are my own, and stem from a complete lack of interest in more themepark gameplay. I tried.

I'd also like to add that GW2 has lost the charm of the original game.  GW1 wasn't for everyone, but I really did have fun with it.  In many ways if felt more adventurous to me.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by Vhaln 

Role-playing, yeah..  MMOs are all terrible for roleplaying, because player characters have no place in the world, no lives, no purpose, they exist entirely to slaughter random wildlife ad nauseam, rather than anything more plausible.  You can make it up, sure, but that requires so much imagination, you might as well be laying in bed staring at the ceiling while you do it, rather than playing the game.

Well, thanks to the guys who rate everything a 10 by default which is made by Arenanet, this game with virtually no RPing got a 8.5 rating for RPing.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

Funny that you open a thread to ask for opinions, and later on, you come to negtavily comment all the possitive ones! You can´t call people objective, when you have commented about '' where is the roleplaying?! '', because your comment is also obejctive!

Role-playing, isn´t your experience of it, neither it is what you expect it to be. It is what the industry have decided it to be. Simply said, Guild Wars 2, can be considered as one of the best role-playing experiences in the industry, since it gives you the choices, the exploration and the bond between you and the gaming-world and its players. You maybe haven´t felt that, and that´s normal, because Guild Wars 2 isn´t for eveyone nor its philosophy and ideals, however, techincially, it is still offering role-playing, even if you are not kinda happy with it.

I am not saying that GW2 really has good roe-play, nor am I saying something against that. I am not even here to rate the game. I just wanted to comment your ''way of giving opinions'' and wanted to point out that you are doing it wrong.

Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by Jonoku

Not the best, its one of the best MMOs but it gets a 10 out of 10, that is a score that equates to perfection, I dont think well ever see an MMO deserving of a 10.

This is the reason I dont find the scores to matter much for anything, people who like the game will throw 9 and 10s and people who hate it will throw out 0-2.

Those two ends of the 0-10 scale are the scores that should be submitted least but probably make up for 90% of the votes cast.

true with all games people who hate it vote 0 people who love it vote 10.. but honestly without some guidlines scores are meaningless really.. like sammy said he gives it a 10 because he has gotten over  500 hours and still having fun.. on his scale it equals a 10 for this reason.. without guidlines everyone is just making up their own personal scale.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I already had downgraded the game in my user ratings a week or so ago. It's a solid value for a B2P game, but it does start to get repetitive after a while. I'm not sure how it will make enough money from the cash shop to keep going for years, but they managed it with GW 1 so I guess it will probably happen.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Originally posted by eGumball

Funny that you open a thread to ask for opinions, and later on, you come to negtavily comment all the possitive ones! You can´t call people objective, when you have commented about '' where is the roleplaying?! '', because your comment is also obejctive!

Role-playing, isn´t your experience of it, neither it is what you expect it to be. It is what the industry have decided it to be. Simply said, Guild Wars 2, can be considered as one of the best role-playing experiences in the industry, since it gives you the choices, the exploration and the bond between you and the gaming-world and its players. You maybe haven´t felt that, and that´s normal, because Guild Wars 2 isn´t for eveyone nor its philosophy and ideals, however, techincially, it is still offering role-playing, even if you are not kinda happy with it.

I am not saying that GW2 really has good roe-play, nor am I saying something against that. I am not even here to rate the game. I just wanted to comment your ''way of giving opinions'' and wanted to point out that you are doing it wrong.

+1 very much agreed:)

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Rating this game is strange for me, I can recognise that it is a pretty well made game, if I had to try an be objective and disregard my subjectivity, I would have to rate it around 8.5.

However, the gameplay/mechanics literally could not be worse imo, some of the most repugnant of any game I've ever played, ...I don't know if that is supposed to come into context while rating a game.  I orginally gave it 7, I don't really know if that is sincere or not.

I guess it's like asking someone who hates football, how they would rate football.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Vhaln 

Well, thanks to the guys who rate everything a 10 by default which is made by Arenanet, this game with virtually no RPing got a 8.5 rating for RPing.

There is an aspect of sandbox games that makes RPing almost natural. I don't mean in the more hardcore theatrical type of RP (though that is true too), but I mean in a sense of you feeling like you are more attached to your character and playing with other people with that in mind.  I'm not a hardcore RP guy, but I was my charcter in SWG, not a puppetmaster.

A simple illustration of this is how I would log off in SWG.  I would almost always return to one of my homes or shops to log off, if not a city.  It just seemed right.  In themeparks, I just log on/off anywhere, because I have no real sense of being in a virtual world.  Silly, I know, but those details matter to me.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Objectively, this game is an 8.5

A lot of positives:
    Sound/music
    Graphics/setting
    Presentation
    Combat
    DE system
    Three way pvp
    personal story

Even though a lot of it doesn't particularly appeal to me, you cant deny its a high quality game. A lot of time and effort has been put into it and it shows. I think Anet's next mmo could be the home run Im looking for. But thats so far off its irrelevant haha

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

pot meet kettle 

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-