Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BadSpock's Hitting Bottom: A Re-Review

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Toxia

I love the doom and gloom that came from one poster saying the problem with the game is longevity.

It's not designed to KEEP you locked in the game for years. It's a casual game.

I have 4 level 80's, all exotics, bout half the mats for a legendary. around 700 hours clocked altogether.

And i'm in the same boat as Spock. There's just nothing left to DO for me. Game? Great. Longevity? None.

wow 700 hours will take me at least till years end to reach that amount of hours played

Stay at home dad :) Babies dont need much lol.

I'll be back to GW2 once an expansion comes, or some such thing. i'll consume it like a rabid dog, then head back to the slow grind of Eve.

Being in my position, i love games that take up time. EvE is good for the long haul, Gw2 is good for the short action packed one. i am happy :)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I love the doom and gloom that came from one poster saying the problem with the game is longevity.

It's not designed to KEEP you locked in the game for years. It's a casual game.

I have 4 level 80's, all exotics, bout half the mats for a legendary. around 700 hours clocked altogether.

And i'm in the same boat as Spock. There's just nothing left to DO for me. Game? Great. Longevity? None.

wow 700 hours will take me at least till years end to reach that amount of hours played

Stay at home dad :) Babies dont need much lol.

I'll be back to GW2 once an expansion comes, or some such thing. i'll consume it like a rabid dog, then head back to the slow grind of Eve.

Being in my position, i love games that take up time. EvE is good for the long haul, Gw2 is good for the short action packed one. i am happy :)

makes sense if I was stay at home I'd surely have that many hours played as well:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by Kuro1n
    I find it funny that when I said this game would not be as awesome as people thought and then posted that the game was lacking certain things people reported me and flamed me while my posts got removed by moderators but now its okay to go around saying those things. Gotta love the hype train. So guys whats the next thing I cant talk about? :)

An over the top fan who slated anyone who actually had issue with the same things he is having issue with about the game. When many were saying these things they were trolls or told we were playing it wrong. IMO the OP is just looking for a dignified  exit out after now realizing he went completely over board with hype.

He says it's still a great game, if that's the case why is he not playing the great game.

If i though a game was great i would keep playing that game. The fact is he knows it's not a great game but wants to save face, that's understandable though.

Well to be very honest i got flamed by OP several times just to bring out short comings about the game. I remember him telling people that 'negativity is bad' and how these people should simply go away. i pleaded him to differentiate between negativity just for the sake of it and negativity backed by constructive criticism and  real concerns. But i was quite a wasted effort because he just refused to listen.

Irony here is that all the people OP labeled as haters and trolls back then had sentimients which mirrored exactly his own post. Only difference is that it took him two months to realise this while others said same thing after few weeks of release.

Kind of makes the terms hater and hype idiotic doesn't it?  Everybody has opinions and they tend to change.  Just because you like a game when you first get it doesn't mean you HAVE to love the game after you play it.  To BadSpock's point he isn't looking for a dignified way out.  Thats something you made up in your head.   He was simply stating (very well) why he feels GW2 is no LONGER for him.  He enjoyed what he played but its not providing anything to keep him.

Why is that so hard to understand or accept?

Stop with the labels.  We are all gamers.  We have different opinions.  Some more logical than others.  For every game that comes out you will have people who will absolutely love it and those who will absolutely loathe it.  Therefore everything will always be hyped and hated and interchanged between the two.

I simply enjoy hearing other people's opinions on the games I play.  Hate it or love it.  Its all the same to me.

Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Kind of makes the terms hater and hype idiotic doesn't it?  Everybody has opinions and they tend to change.  Just because you like a game when you first get it doesn't mean you HAVE to love the game after you play it.  To BadSpock's point he isn't looking for a dignified way out.  Thats something you made up in your head.   He was simply stating (very well) why he feels GW2 is no LONGER for him.  He enjoyed what he played but its not providing anything to keep him.

Stop with the labels.  We are all gamers.  We have different opinions.  Some more logical than others.  For every game that comes out you will have people who will absolutely love it and those who will absolutely loathe it.  Therefore everything will always be hyped and hated and interchanged between the two.

I simply enjoy hearing other people's opinions on the games I play.  Hate it or love it.  Its all the same to me.

good post and very much agreed.. only thing I have hard time wraping my head around is people who don't like a game don't play it, don't want to discuss it but just come to bash it at every chance they get.. any thread with a tiny bit of negativity they pounce on it .. it happens with every single MMO.. there are splenty of just want to discuss issues they dislike but when someone claims this game blows or is the worst game MMO they ever played then continue to visit these forums all the time.. i dunno

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

good post and very much agreed.. only thing I have hard time wraping my head around is people who don't like a game don't play it, don't want to discuss it but just come to bash it at every chance they get.. any thread with a tiny bit of negativity they pounce on it .. it happens with every single MMO.. there are splenty of just want to discuss issues they dislike but when someone claims this game blows or is the worst game MMO they ever played then continue to visit these forums all the time.. i dunno

I do agree with Dark's statement on this. Something can be good or even great. But it doesn't mean you keep experienceing it. I've read my favorite book (Ender's Game) twice I will always think back on that book as one of the best storeies ever. But I don't need to read it again.

Aerowyn, people feel mislead. You can pull the "do you homework" card all day. I can think of several threads by Badspock in the past where he polled, questioned, posted up a storm to get info on GW2. Maybe it wasn't entirely objective, but he did his homework. But for some, thye felt mislead and are upset about it. It's called backlash. The bigger the hype train, the harder the backlash. You just  have to accept that. And yes, I do feel GW2 was mismarketed to a much larger demographic than it should have been.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448

I agree with darkhalf357x. It is really easy to look forward to a game and when you finally play it, you love it for awhile. Your tastes might change as you play the game and you may decide that it really wasn't for you in the end. There is no shame in that and no reason to save face.

As far as negative posters, I think the same could be said for the people who constantly post sunshine about a game and defend a game even though it does have some major flaws. People are going to post their opinions. This is a discussion board. For some people, a game may have revolutionary mechanics. For other people, those same mechanics might be considered a step backward. In the end, a good game is a game that entertains you. Not all games will entertain all people.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

I respect your opinions Spock but I dont agree with most of them.  I am of the opinion that there is a certain segment of people out there that are just "burnt" out of MMO's and I would say you elicit strong indicators of such.  Contrary to what the Trolls & Haters have said to the contrary.

I can assure you none of my guildies are burnt out on MMOs, there's just nothing left to do in GW2 after a short period of time for any non-casual players, and coming from TERA, obviously none of us are casual.

Were not burnt out of MMOs, were burnt out on content, because there's not much MMO content, themeparks continue to provide less and less MMO content and more FPS/Minigame solo non-social carrot-free casualized progressionless carebear nonsense.

i'd really love for you to show me a single themepark at release that offered as much content as GW2 offers right now.. i have played them all and GW2 has more unique things to do at launch than any themepark I can think of..

Exactly 100% correct.

The thing is the majority of these negative comments are about the lack of item progression.  Which of course GW2 doesnt have, but that was known 2 years ago.

This doesnt deny the fact that GW2 caters to a much larger segment of the gaming community then one would imagine and it is branded as proof as the game is still continuing to grow.  The real only negativity comes from people who think purplez and organized raids is the only form of endgame worth mentioning.

Not for nothing but i would like to know how you can state this as a fact. You would have to have evidence to support player retention and you just cant do that with a b2p game.

Others have sited sources to the contrary that the population is in decline. Box sales dont tell the whole story. And cant use the " The lowbie zones are packed!" argument. thats proves nothing.

Would have to take into consideration alts and the low lvl zones on other servers ( that others say are ghost towns). Now you could site the addition of new severs as groth but thats just an observation, not factual evidence.

Rift was in decline 2 months after release but added new severs to handle the load of que times (launch severs were inadequate). Once those new severs were added it thined out severs and as time passed you saw the amount of mid and low pop severs grew fast.

You would have to point to something concrete to prove your fact that the game is growing.

NOTE: Im not saying the game is in a decline. would just like to see evidence to show fact.

for me it's fairly easy to tell the game is still doing well for population.. for one WvW always has que's on my server no matter time at least Eternal with have a que and during peak hours all the others have que.. Lions arch is almost always throwing me in overflow again no matter time of day I get on.. any time a dragon event comes up over 50 people show up to take it down every single time.  Never have to wait more than a min for a tourny or hot join sPVP match, most zones have not had any issues finding a group of people to complete any event.. all in all to me says game is stil doing well

I don't believe the population is growing though I think it is stabilizing. I used to be put in overflow no matter what zone I went to. Now it only happens in Lions Arch and the WvW wait is a lot shorter. This is to be expected though. The only games to continue to grow after launch in recent history are WoW and Eve.

Originally posted by stevebmbsqd

I agree with darkhalf357x. It is really easy to look forward to a game and when you finally play it, you love it for awhile. Your tastes might change as you play the game and you may decide that it really wasn't for you in the end. There is no shame in that and no reason to save face.

As far as negative posters, I think the same could be said for the people who constantly post sunshine about a game and defend a game even though it does have some major flaws. People are going to post their opinions. This is a discussion board. For some people, a game may have revolutionary mechanics. For other people, those same mechanics might be considered a step backward. In the end, a good game is a game that entertains you. Not all games will entertain all people.

i really have yet to see a single person not jokingly say GW2 is perfect and doesn't have many flaws... but again the issue is not discussing issue with the game it's the people who have some sort of obvious vendetta against the game for whatever reason and really have nothing to discuss they just want to bash.. again it's not a GW2 specific issue it happens to all games.. I really really dislike the design and overall game swtor tunred out to be but i don't jump into that games forums every single time someone posts something negative to throw out a virtual high five.. I may post every now and then if something interests me but not just to bash for the sake of bashing.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by stevebmbsqd

i really have yet to see a single person not jokingly say GW2 is perfect and doesn't have many flaws... but again the issue is not discussing issue with the game it's the people who have some sort of obvious vendetta against the game for whatever reason and really have nothing to discuss they just want to bash.. again it's not a GW2 specific issue it happens to all games.. I really really dislike the design and overall game swtor tunred out to be but i don't jump into that games forums every single time someone posts something negative to throw out a virtual high five.. I may post every now and then if something interests me but not just to bash for the sake of bashing.

You see the same people sunshining the game in every thread. That is no worse than the same people panning the game over and over, but it is certainly no better.

If people come out with what they feel are negatives, they are not always haters (just as the people posting positives are not always fanbois), and yet you still see the same faces appearing in the threads trying to argue the toss, sometimes with the most ridiculous "cases".

There was a thread about the way some people found the zones "artificial", you got people questioning how much people had played, proclaiming they where nitpicking, trying to counter their opinions with arguments as asinie as "da world is round dude" or "the map in my car is square bud".

Not everyone is a hater, not everyone is a fanboi, but there are certainly people who fall into these camps populating these boards. Both are as bad as the other.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Not everyone is a hater, not everyone is a fanboi, but there are certainly people who fall into these camps populating these boards. Both are as bad as the other.

The hard part is, convincing them to put down their guns and enjoy a cease-fire, now and then.

Particularly on Saturday, when the mods are gone so anything goes :/

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    I find it funny that when I said this game would not be as awesome as people thought and then posted that the game was lacking certain things people reported me and flamed me while my posts got removed by moderators but now its okay to go around saying those things. Gotta love the hype train. So guys whats the next thing I cant talk about? :)

An over the top fan who slated anyone who actually had issue with the same things he is having issue with about the game. When many were saying these things they were trolls or told we were playing it wrong. IMO the OP is just looking for a dignified  exit out after now realizing he went completely over board with hype.

He says it's still a great game, if that's the case why is he not playing the great game.

If i though a game was great i would keep playing that game. The fact is he knows it's not a great game but wants to save face, that's understandable though.

Well to be very honest i got flamed by OP several times just to bring out short comings about the game. I remember him telling people that 'negativity is bad' and how these people should simply go away. i pleaded him to differentiate between negativity just for the sake of it and negativity backed by constructive criticism and  real concerns. But i was quite a wasted effort because he just refused to listen.

Irony here is that all the people OP labeled as haters and trolls back then had sentimients which mirrored exactly his own post. Only difference is that it took him two months to realise this while others said same thing after few weeks of release.

No crime in liking a game and then disliking the game at a later date. The thing is the OP is actually pointing out things about the game that were pointed out weeks ago. The only difference from him to the people who did this weeks ago is the OP accused some of them of being trolls and haters and not knowing how to play the game.

The word hypocrite comes to mind.

He says the game is great but he can't keep on playing lol, that makes a lot of sence doesn't it, not. If i thought a game was great i would keep playing it and look beyond the few faults the op claims GW2 has. Obviously the OP doesn't really think it's a great game, he is only trying to save face fully aware of his attitude towards people who raised the same issues weeks ago.

In future i would think long and hard before he calls people out because things have a funny way of coming back to bite ya in the ass, you end up looking silly.

I guess it's TESO forums for the OP now.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Why am I loving GW2?  Because I went in with no expectations except what I already knew of ANet and took the game for what it offers. 

You say that like it's the cure for loving games like GW2.

I went in with no expectations also and still had the, "Who made this, Zynga?" response.

A bad game all aournd, IMO, but what fun we had playing the prequel, Hype Wars 2. image

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Icewhite

The hard part is, convincing them to put down their guns and enjoy a cease-fire, now and then.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

I respect your opinions Spock but I dont agree with most of them.  I am of the opinion that there is a certain segment of people out there that are just "burnt" out of MMO's and I would say you elicit strong indicators of such.  Contrary to what the Trolls & Haters have said to the contrary.

I can assure you none of my guildies are burnt out on MMOs, there's just nothing left to do in GW2 after a short period of time for any non-casual players, and coming from TERA, obviously none of us are casual.

Were not burnt out of MMOs, were burnt out on content, because there's not much MMO content, themeparks continue to provide less and less MMO content and more FPS/Minigame solo non-social carrot-free casualized progressionless carebear nonsense.

i'd really love for you to show me a single themepark at release that offered as much content as GW2 offers right now.. i have played them all and GW2 has more unique things to do at launch than any themepark I can think of..

Exactly 100% correct.

The thing is the majority of these negative comments are about the lack of item progression.  Which of course GW2 doesnt have, but that was known 2 years ago.

This doesnt deny the fact that GW2 caters to a much larger segment of the gaming community then one would imagine and it is branded as proof as the game is still continuing to grow.  The real only negativity comes from people who think purplez and organized raids is the only form of endgame worth mentioning.

Not for nothing but i would like to know how you can state this as a fact. You would have to have evidence to support player retention and you just cant do that with a b2p game.

Others have sited sources to the contrary that the population is in decline. Box sales dont tell the whole story. And cant use the " The lowbie zones are packed!" argument. thats proves nothing.

Would have to take into consideration alts and the low lvl zones on other servers ( that others say are ghost towns). Now you could site the addition of new severs as groth but thats just an observation, not factual evidence.

Rift was in decline 2 months after release but added new severs to handle the load of que times (launch severs were inadequate). Once those new severs were added it thined out severs and as time passed you saw the amount of mid and low pop severs grew fast.

You would have to point to something concrete to prove your fact that the game is growing.

NOTE: Im not saying the game is in a decline. would just like to see evidence to show fact.

for me it's fairly easy to tell the game is still doing well for population.. for one WvW always has que's on my server no matter time at least Eternal with have a que and during peak hours all the others have que.. Lions arch is almost always throwing me in overflow again no matter time of day I get on.. any time a dragon event comes up over 50 people show up to take it down every single time.  Never have to wait more than a min for a tourny or hot join sPVP match, most zones have not had any issues finding a group of people to complete any event.. all in all to me says game is stil doing well

Doin well and showing groth, to me are 2 different things. Again your pointing out observations to prove facts. My post was in referance to groth and facts to back up his statement.

Im not disputing that the game its self isent doin well. I want to know how hes knows that the game is growing. Not by what he observes in game but how players are retained.

I dont think it can be done seeing its a B2P and cant see player drop off. So no one trully knows If the games is growing. Cant go based off box sales. Cant go by subs seeing there are no subs.

Doin well and showing groth, to me are 2 different things. Again your pointing out observations to prove facts. My post was in referance to groth and facts to back up his statement.

Im not disputing that the game its self isent doin well. I want to know who hes knows that the game is growing. Not by what he observes in game but how players are retained.

I dont think it can be done seeing its a B2P and cant see player drop off. So no one trully knows If the games is growing. Cant go based off box sales. Cant go by subs seeing there are no subs.

yea never said anything about growing or anything but for me i have seen many themeparks feel very empty and hard to find people to accomplish group content as early as a couple weeks after release and for GW2 I'm having none of these issues

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Well, I'm going to say that I do like GW2, but that I feel bad for Badspock.  I hear your pain.

Unfortunately, I dont think that a game with different features is going to do it for you or anyone else who is looking for a game to make the genre non-tedious again.  Going into a game looking for something that is going to take the edge off all that the MMORPG genre is is just not going to happen.

I do think that GW2 has room to improve.  Having multiple weapon skills to pick from would give you a lot more build fun, and while I like the huge selection of trait builds, I do think some variety in weapon skills is important.  Fortunately they did this with GW1, so this is just a matter of time.

I think, though, that your largest issue is one that many have.  Some people really like the endgame of Raiding that other MMOs have.  It is challenging, it requires a group, it takes coordinating and hours of wiping, and when you finish it you have a sense of accomplishment.  To many, if an MMO does not have this, they dont feel that it is complete (I've heard the word "souless" thrown around by the Anti's many times, and this is always what it refers to).  I understand that many people looking to GW2, such as you, Badspock, probably thought they didnt want a feature anymore because of burnout, but are now realizing that it is an important part of gameplay to you.  I empathize with you.  However, this doesnt mean that the game isn't fun or souless, it just means that for you, it doesnt have the biggest factors that matter to you.  For me, I dont miss that type of endgame play at all.  I much prefer a pvp driven endgame with wvw (and honestly, player cities like in shadowbane made for the best player driven endgame content EVER!), but I understand that you are missing that, so it is good that you recognize what is important to you.

Best of luck in your next endeavor.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by grimal

Finding GW2 boring after 1.5 months !=  MMO burnout.

of course not but seeing the same people play every single themepark and getting bored after a month to me is themepark burnout.. i too crave a good sandbox hybrid but still find GW2 the best themepark out there

Completely agree Aer. Been here long enough to see so many of them do this very same thing, like mobs of farmers with pitchforks and torches chasing the "monster game" that's trying to take away their fun in their gaming life. It's the in thing to do now. 

I came here not 40 minutes ago, and boy did this one post by badspock bring out the trolls. Holy crimminy. There was 1 page his post for like 5 minute and then 30 minutes later BAM 7 pages of people going..."I want all the terrible things the other games forced on us for years as the only means of progression!" and "I want the horrible combat styles of the older games that caused us all to be pressing just three buttons while standing still" Seriously this is what people want?

Then tell me this, if that was REALLY the case, if people REALLY wanted the crappy old school gear treadmill stuff then why is it that every major WoW/EQ raid only lobby game (minus Rift)  has failed in the past few years? Anyone?.....  didn't think so. So please, at least have the decency to be as honest as our good friend Badspock here. He admitted that it could be the themepark burnout and not the game. 

I think the point is the core MMO community is splintering.  There are some who like the direction MMOs are going in within their current form most exemplified by GW2.  Then there are others who just happen to prefer the older style of MMO gameplay.  Older <> bad.  Its just different.  I see this separation getting wider and opposed to closing, which means MMOs are going to have to specialize.  I cant see them trying to cater to the entire audience and keep long lived subscribers at the same time.  We simply want different things out of the game.

I understand what you mean when you say 'standing there pressing three button over and over' but its an over generalization of a valid gaming model (that you just so happen to not like - which is fine).  To me that model is more about strategy which is what a RPG is about at its core, presenting challenge through story.  

No game since EQ has replicated EQ.  WoW does not even replicate EQ.  I cant tell you why the WoW/EQ raid only lobby games have failed but I can guarentee they didnt follow the EQ model.   EQ isn't about raiding, its something you can do in it. EQ is about exploration.  Of game world.  Of character.  Of community.  All the while progressing.

What I personally love about EQ is that I can spend upwards of 100 levels customizing my character atuned to the skills that I want to use.  No cookie cutter.  No pre-defined skill trees.  Essentially missing all (if not MOST0 of the stuff found in current MMOs. 

All the things people complain were 'horrible' or 'too hard' in the past is what I enjoyed about MMOs.  Unfortunately its just not 'popular' anymore, but to the earlier comment -- if an (updated) one was created it would maintain a consistent sub base even if it was niche or didnt reach the numbers of WoW.  At that end of the day, for me, its not how many people are playing but who we are playing with.

Here's to hoping that EQ Next will not only offer a fun sandbox experience, but also a more classic EQ experience.  I'm sick to death of this trend towards action combat, instancing with 100 or less people per map, over use of phasing, private dungeons, private housing and all of the other alienating mechanics that seem to be dominating today's MMOs.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

No crime in liking a game and then disliking the game at a later date. The thing is the OP is actually pointing out things about the game that were pointed out weeks ago. The only difference from him to the people who did this weeks ago is the OP accused some of them of being trolls and haters and not knowing how to play the game.

The word hypocrite comes to mind.

He says the game is great but he can't keep on playing lol, that makes a lot of sence doesn't it, not. If i thought a game was great i would keep playing it and look beyond the few faults the op claims GW2 has. Obviously the OP doesn't really think it's a great game, he is only trying to save face fully aware of his attitude towards people who raised the same issues weeks ago.

In future i would think long and hard before he calls people out because things have a funny way of coming back to bite ya in the ass, you end up looking silly.

I guess it's TESO forums for the OP now.

I totally agree. Now what was this person account on Guildwars2guru? They likely bashed people even worst over there.

We already know over on this forum we have a few developers posting as regular forum posters. 2 of them posted in this very same thread. They know who they are.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by Icewhite

lol, no mods are not gone on the weekends, so not everything goes. image

Let's stay on topic folks and lets' not attack people's points of view. Please be constructive and please follow the forum rules.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

Rift possibly had even more.  and it was the one recent game to not instance the whole frikin world.  we need more seamless game worlds.

Originally posted by muffins89

Rift possibly had even more.  and it was the one recent game to not instance the whole frikin world.  we need more seamless game worlds.

i played Rift for almost a year you can lay out feature for feature of rift and GW2 at launch Rift wasn't even close...

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

i played Rift for almost a year you can lay out feature for feature of rift and GW2 at launch Rift wasn't even close...

I thought the main complaint about Rift was how small it was and how little different content it had ?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Thupli

Well, I'm going to say that I do like GW2, but that I feel bad for Badspock.  I hear your pain...

I wouldn't feel too bad for him, this aint his first rodeo. For some on these forums it's the same bloody song and dance with every big release. It is predictable but also mildly entertaining. It just takes a little longer for some folks to see what others have already realized.

No hard feelings Mr. Spock, but this does get a wee bit repetitive after awhile. Best of luck in your next adventure.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by muffins89 Originally posted by Aerowyn Originally posted by Pivotelite Originally posted by Zylaxx I respect your opinions Spock but I dont agree with most of them.  I am of the opinion that there is a certain segment of people out there that are just "burnt" out of MMO's and I would say you elicit strong indicators of such.  Contrary to what the Trolls & Haters have said to the contrary.
     I can assure you none of my guildies are burnt out on MMOs, there's just nothing left to do in GW2 after a short period of time for any non-casual players, and coming from TERA, obviously none of us are casual.   Were not burnt out of MMOs, were burnt out on content, because there's not much MMO content, themeparks continue to provide less and less MMO content and more FPS/Minigame solo non-social carrot-free casualized progressionless carebear nonsense.

In all fairness, SWTOR launched with more content than any mmo by far.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

Lists! We needs to see the list comparing the 2 theampark games of there theampark features! 6 Flags vs Disney! Hershey Park vs Dorny Park!