Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Kickstarter mmo Hailan Rising DAOC successor?

2»

Comments

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Nitth

lol! "No experience, no levels"

Goes on to discuss that mobs drops "points" which can be used to upgrade or unlock new abilities.....

How are ethera shards exp points? Sure there close but its not like im staring at an ethera shard bar...

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Originally posted by Nitth

lol! "No experience, no levels"

Goes on to discuss that mobs drops "points" which can be used to upgrade or unlock new abilities.....

Well, you've gotta have some form of progression to keep players interested long term. Seems like this system will be more fair for newer players while still allowing veterans to improve their character at least slighty. I 'think' that's what the devs of this game are aiming for?

• nl_firecompanynl_firecompany Member Posts: 2

ah yes but unlike experience points those shards can be traded to get what you want

also as it stands now  there will be a cash store and the game willl be f2p but you can earn credits ingame that you can use to buy cash shop items without spending real money

also as one of the few very honered people ( thank you calimaestro aka MR Smith) thats already played a slice of hailan rising i am very impressed with what already got done and how smooth the game feels and looks and how fast the turn around is for bugs and problems ingame

not sure im allowed to say this but we had some major bugs and server problems in the first week and the first fixes rolled out WITHIN 24 hours after being found ingame

besides who doesnt like the people involved in hailan rising some of the people involved are just pure legends and im not only talking about the devs but the guy who is doing the music for example is beyond being a legend

ive also had the pleasure of being one of their moderators for nearly 4 years now and ive got to know few of the admins pretty good and it joys me to see those guys now working with the hailan rising team ( some of the admins where legendary gamemasters like calimaestro once was)

i say drop by on the forum  http://forums.gamersfirst.com/forum/662-/  and have a look around and if enough people bug the devs on there they might post some more ingame footage ( we cant release anything ourselfs until the admins aprove understandable)

sincerely nothos

• dalin89dalin89 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by jcsesecuneta

Yep, good find. Thanks for sharing ^_^

Looking forward to it!

It sounds great. I've put it on my watch-list

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Looks like it has slowed down somewhat.  Hope it picks up again...

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    looks interesting, i will def keep my eye on this one
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by DSWBeef

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reloadedprod/hailan-rising?ref=live

This mmo looks really good. Focusing on pvp territory control and action combat with no levels and classes. It looks pretty far in to development if the video is correct. Tell me what you guys think.

1) I don't believe in kickstarter. There are plenty of good games i can buy NOW and i don't pay for promises of a game, instead of a ready to play one.

2) Things sound good on paper may suck because of implementation. Polish and implementation cannot be known before the game is out.