Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMOs you've brought were worth the money ?

1235»

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Vendetta Online; it's less than 10 USD per month, and I've been playing since 2003.

edit: and I'm playing right now on mobile image

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

I've spent the most money on Mabinogi and never felt bad about it.  I think because Nexon tries.  I never said they always succeed but I really feel like they try hard.  Try hard at what?  Everything.  Crafting.  New and invovative game play options.  Lower graphics to run on everyone's PC.  Pet variety and unique animations.   Peace between PvE'ers and PvP'ers.  

I've spent money on other games but came away with an icky feeling like I could have used my dollars better elsewhere or I didn't get my money's worth.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Dark Age of Camelot - 6 years.

Followed by Vanguard and Darkfall.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

First was UO.. it was "aight"

Anarcy-Online..

Was my 2nd online game i ever bought and it was worth every penny, things since, haven't really liked cept maybe EnB..

When "stuff comes to fan", AO was ny first "real" MMO and i loved it wholly! EQ was "meh", UO was "allright", but it wasn't "my game", then was EQ... it was too grindy, even back then"

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I have not bought many MMOs. These are the ones that were well worth the money spent:
    EverQuest
    City of Heroes
    World of Warcraft
    Wizard101

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Spent 70-80 on RIFT CE plus all the upgrades. And i still get my moneys worth. Guild Wars 2 because a friend gifted me the Digital Deluxe Edition. 

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176

I can't really feel ripped by GW2 since I did play it for a good few hours.  But it's certainly the worst MMO purchase I've made in recent years.

Best would be AOC (after expansion), SW:TOR and Vanguard (3 years after launch).

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

WoW, SWTOR and EVE.

WoW: MOP was a gift along with GW2 so can't say about them. If I paid the box prices for them, I'd be unhappy with WOW:MOP since my friends and I didn't login after 2 weeks due to the insane releases of other games right now.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

Worth my money

asherons call 2 ( had so much potential )

dark age of camelot ( still uncompared / darkness fall love / rvr )

world of warcraft ( vanilla and tbc were the best raiding experience in any mmo ever/ also their arena system rocked)

darkfall online ( too much grind and had to run macros but still best gameplay ever)

Guild wars 2 ( god i hate the pve and the leveling but their sPvP instant max level rock)

Tera ( but end game sucked especially enchanting and no bg on release)

line age 2 ( music was awsome and so many classes to choose from. Too grindy on the other hand)

I had my hearth broken when asherons call 2 devs ruined the game instead of making a master piece with it.

it came out before WoW and had better graphic same gameplay ... Turbine made asherons call 1 epic pvp and then became a carebear company making mmos for child and nerds

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Ultima Online - back in 90's it was something.  Could not stomach heavy macroing now. Really have to be other way to solve gathering / crafting / increasing skills & stats.  

Lord of the Ring Online - until it went freemium it was worth it. After it not so much as it lost much of it's 'magic' and 'atmosphere' for me.

That's it basically I think.

There were many mmorpg's I have NOT played at all because they relased at time when I was not playing mmorpg's.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

The ones worth it for me were:

Lineage 2

EVE Online

Tibia

GW

GW 2 I'm not so sure about, I played it a while and it's quite okay if you take it slow but it's not a great game and its missing something. It feels soulless.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

EverQuest, and Vanguard.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I buy stuff only if I know it's worth its price, so basically all of them which I bought... LotRO, AoC, TSW, CoH, Champions and STO. I still playing them, on and off, as my spare time allows it. Ok, I left CoH years ago, but it was still a good buy.

Khm... to tell the truth, actually I got scammed once... SW:TOR. But if the lvl1-50 will be playable (yep, I look at you, hotbar restriction :) ) then I could say it's a b2p singleplayer game, and that the stories are woth the price.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Feel most of them was worth the money.

Absolutely best value: Guild Wars. GW2 seems to head in that direction as well.

L2, Rift and Aion was as expected so definately ok in my book. WoW was a dissapointing huge pile of pffft/meh! But at least the game worked/ran well.

Only game I regret buying: AoC - Trainwreck at launch, bugged and horrible when I retried it for a day 1 year later. Only thing working flawlessly in that game was uninstallation.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I would also add EQ2.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

WoW - best value I've got even though I spent hundreds of pounds on it. The only MMO where I think I enjoyed the ride to max level and didn't give up half way through.

GW1 - great value. I have had like 1k hours invested into it. Not bad at all.

I don't think I have subbed to another MMo for more than 1 month. In most of them never hit the max level. They were all sooooooooo boring.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• DuvandDuvand Member Posts: 33

Worth the Money:

1. DAOC

2. WOW

Not worth the money:

1. Aion (worst purchase I ever made)

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96

The games that gave me years of enjoyment and felt was worth the money was

Ultima Online 2yrs

Everquest 5yrs

World of Warcraft 5yrs

Have'nt found a game sence to keep my attention for over a year. Could be because a new game is being released every month now a days.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    UO, AC1, SWG, Eve and Wow.  Lotro is close.  Most disappointing, Aion.