Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

MechWarrior Online: Open Beta Starting October 29th

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,610MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Fans of MechWarrior Online will want to be sure to check in on Monday, October 29th when the open beta officially kicks off. 

Infinite Game Publishing (IGP) and Piranha Games announced today that MechWarrior Online is set for Open Beta next week on October 29. MechWarrior Online, one of 2012’s most anticipated titles, has been lauded by fans and the games media as the return of true mech combat. Recently the companies jointly announced that the MechWarrior Online Founder’s Program achieved more than $5 million dollars in sales since July.

Set in the year 3049 during the early stages of a massive interstellar war, MechWarrior Online puts you in command of the most powerful war machine to ever walk the field of battle, the mighty BattleMech™.  Command your Mech and customize it to suit your battlefield role; upgrade systems, replace weapons, and tweak armor with endless options.  

Find out more about the game on the official MechWarrior Online site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• SoraksisSoraksis Havelock, NCPosts: 286Member Uncommon

First!

• Fros7biteFros7bite Toronto, ONPosts: 32Member
    Second!
  • tachgbtachgb SheffieldPosts: 790Member
    Can't wait! :D
  • StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,264Member Uncommon
    Good luck MWO, with Hawken hitting open beta in december, your going to need it.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Adelaide, AKPosts: 953Member
    Originally posted by Stizzled
    Good luck MWO, with Hawken hitting open beta in december, your going to need it.

I was lucky enough to be a Beta tester in MWO from right back in about the third round and more recently a second Round Alpha tester and (this weekend) first round beta tester for Hawken.

They are two very different games. MWO is more of a Sim, Hawken is more FPS. both titles will appeal to different people really with some overlap as in all game genres.

Ultimately I don't see them competing with each other for market share any more than say MWO & Hawken are competing with WoT. If anything Hawken is more likely to be competing with the likes of Blacklight Retribution etc.

• ironhelixironhelix fairfield, OHPosts: 448Member

I am a Legendary Founder, and this game is SOOOOO not ready for prime time. I guess they have to do what they have to do, but the TOTAL lack of metagame is going to bore people to death very quickly. It's team deathmatch on the same 4 maps over, and over... and over. That's it. there is nothing else to do.

• tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,535Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ironhelix

I am a Legendary Founder, and this game is SOOOOO not ready for prime time. I guess they have to do what they have to do, but the TOTAL lack of metagame is going to bore people to death very quickly. It's team deathmatch on the same 4 maps over, and over... and over. That's it. there is nothing else to do.

That is why it is still in beta... Funny how that works out.

• VhalnVhaln Chicago, ILPosts: 3,159Member
    I got an invite to the closed beta a while back, but never even downloaded it.  I am interested in the game, but it just seems like there's been so many major releases lately.. this one keeps getting bumped back, for me.  but hopefully, I'll give it a shot eventually.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• McGamerMcGamer Fairfield Bay, ARPosts: 1,012Member
    MWO keeps sending me invites but I could care less since it's not an MMO in the first place.
  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,535Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    MWO keeps sending me invites but I could care less since it's not an MMO in the first place.

You have no idea how glad it would make people on the MWO forusm if more people came to this realisation... Most people go in blindly and then spew forth a ton of QQ on the forums.

You sir/madam is a hero.

• EvilCEvilC Seattle, WAPosts: 148Member
    I've been a BT and MW fan since the late 1980's and was definitely looking forward to adding MWO to my playlist. It's not ready.

"Paper is fine... nerf Rock!" --Scissors