Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All of the developers are gone

2»

Comments

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by XOOM-CRS
    Originally posted by Abyssuss
    Originally posted by antipropa

I recently fell for the welcome back soldier email they sent me (they spammed my inbox after clicking remove me from your mailing).  Its a ghost town.  I had trouble with my account immediatley and no one ever responded to my customer ticket.  I pm'd xoom and got a horrible unfriendly statement back.  Now they are charging my credit card for cancelling a subscription that I couldn't even use.

[mod edit]

I'm very curious what your game name is. As Community Manager my first priority is to ensure our people are taken care of, and when it comes to billing matters, that they are resolved rapidly. We have a good track record of responding quickly to discrepencies and/or making up for them.

Based on your continued inaccurate flames against the company and its staff, I'll assume that your position is anti-CRS and WWII Online at all costs. Please contact me via e-mail at [email protected].

Ah... So you are the community manager, tell me "XOOM" about kickstarter, I potentially was about to invest a large amount of money as I liked what I saw on KS, sadly you didn't reach the target, but what made me pretty angry was the fact you totally kept everyone in the complete dark what the hell was going on! I had to play ww2onine and ask the player base what was going on as there was a TOTAL news blackout regarding RA failure to achieve funding.

It's pretty disgusting that I had to hear from 3rd parties about what your companies next move was, in hindsight though, I'm kind of glad I didn't invest. Here's a tip for you, allow trial or public to see all your forums not just selected parts! you're one of the only few companies that "hide" them, why is that? I'm only suggesting this as apparently you told all your ww2 player base what the hell was going on and kept the "neutral" investors in the complete dark!

P.S I've seen your responses to some people on here, whether they hate/flame the game doesn't entitle you to stoop to their level, you represent a company, to the neutral person its kind of off putting seeing this

Hi Abyssuss,

Thanks for your comments. I wanted to add here that all who made a "pledge" for the Rapid Assault project, were never charged. Kickstarter requires you to meet your base line before any actual transactions occur. Our Senior Producer "GOPHUR' issued a statement to all of the folks who pledged as well as all Rapid Assault BETA personnel.

We have forums available that are open to the public, we maintain some forums for premium subscription added value purposes.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, I know that if funding isnt goal isnt reached the potential investor wont be charged my point is that the neutral investor was left in the complete dark about what the next step of RA was.
    A good example of this is that the RA twitter hasnt been updated since July, I hope you can understand where I am coming from regarding this issue, I know a large amount of potential investors were from ww2online community. Maybe I missed the memo from "Gophur" regarding that issued statement.

I understand that you feel having some of the forums should be for only subbed people, but every other MMO has open forums for people to read only, that may help garner some more players, and I believe the "meat" of all discussions are probably in the main forum not the public one.

Anyway, I hope all is well

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127

I think it's outright maddening that this crappy company got that user deleted on these forums.

Time to Reddit this guy as well as MMORPG.

• bruceleeroybruceleeroy Member Posts: 3
    just head over to heroes and generals its way better and ive played WW2 online since launch but its time to move on and im satisfied with what Heroes and generals has to offer
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by TigerAero

I think it's outright maddening that this crappy company got that user deleted on these forums.

Time to Reddit this guy.

Nah. It would say banned if he was banned (I am pretty sure)

If it says user deleted its done via your control panel (you can delete your own account)- Not 100% positive but I am pretty certain if it says "Deleted" then he deleted his own account for whatever reason-

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Banned users stay shown on the forums. Users who delete their own account do not. 

Would you like a tinfoil hat ?

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by bruceleeroy
    just head over to heroes and generals its way better 

no, just no.  Maybe someday, but not in it's present state.

Originally posted by Woopin

Banned users stay shown on the forums. Users who delete their own account do not. 

Oh the tinfoil hat comment... Yes, please- I would actually like three. =)

User deleted and banned IMO are two seperate things (note I said I think this is how it works-) and since there is an option to delete your account (which I have yet to use) I assume it would then say "User deleted".

-Anyhow... Hard to have dialouge with some people and real discussion.

Now give me my tinfoil hat dammit ...

• boobitsboobits Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Abyssuss
    Originally posted by antipropa

I recently fell for the welcome back soldier email they sent me (they spammed my inbox after clicking remove me from your mailing).  Its a ghost town.  I had trouble with my account immediatley and no one ever responded to my customer ticket.  I pm'd xoom and got a horrible unfriendly statement back.  Now they are charging my credit card for cancelling a subscription that I couldn't even use.

[mod edit]

I'm very curious what your game name is. As Community Manager my first priority is to ensure our people are taken care of, and when it comes to billing matters, that they are resolved rapidly. We have a good track record of responding quickly to discrepencies and/or making up for them.

Based on your continued inaccurate flames against the company and its staff, I'll assume that your position is anti-CRS and WWII Online at all costs. Please contact me via e-mail at [email protected].

Ah... So you are the community manager, tell me "XOOM" about kickstarter, I potentially was about to invest a large amount of money as I liked what I saw on KS, sadly you didn't reach the target, but what made me pretty angry was the fact you totally kept everyone in the complete dark what the hell was going on! I had to play ww2onine and ask the player base what was going on as there was a TOTAL news blackout regarding RA failure to achieve funding.

It's pretty disgusting that I had to hear from 3rd parties about what your companies next move was, in hindsight though, I'm kind of glad I didn't invest. Here's a tip for you, allow trial or public to see all your forums not just selected parts! you're one of the only few companies that "hide" them, why is that? I'm only suggesting this as apparently you told all your ww2 player base what the hell was going on and kept the "neutral" investors in the complete dark!

P.S I've seen your responses to some people on here, whether they hate/flame the game doesn't entitle you to stoop to their level, you represent a company, to the neutral person its kind of off putting seeing this

Hi Abyssuss,

Thanks for your comments. I wanted to add here that all who made a "pledge" for the Rapid Assault project, were never charged. Kickstarter requires you to meet your base line before any actual transactions occur. Our Senior Producer "GOPHUR' issued a statement to all of the folks who pledged as well as all Rapid Assault BETA personnel.

We have forums available that are open to the public, we maintain some forums for premium subscription added value purposes.

Pathetic response. Really.  Did you even read his post fully? You never did answer his main point....

Originally posted by Woopin

I guess you would be the "tin foil" hatter sir.

Just saw a user delete his own account here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5375819/MMORPG-digital-download-store.html#5375819 NOTE: It says User Deleted.

Now, I would give you a Tinfoil hat for your MMORPG.com conspiracy theory- BUT you never did give me the one you promised me and I will be damned if I am giving you my personal Tin Foil hat with fireman emblem on the front. =)

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Why all the hate on this game?

Myself, plus a good amount of ppl love it due to the historical value and teamwork. People have donated money to keep the indie sized company going because they love the game so much. If I had more money, I would become a builder myself.

Maybe it's just my old age, or I am tired of  lvling games. I don't know. I only play GW2 when my wife plays the rest of the time I am with a great squad chatting and running around on the battle field.

By looking at the posts here, Xoom has been nothing but professional and coming cap-in hand to everyone.

Play the free trial, it's totally free and you get a variey of things you can do. Or if your into lvling games play GW2's awesome world -or WoW's highly addictive raiding raiding content plus great pvp, or EQ2's great pve.

For me, I love history and being able to go back in time per say, and run around in Europe during WW2 for me is a good fit as my family is/was mostly military after many sacrifices.

Hope this all makes makes some kind of sence, trying to wake up and take my kid to cheer at her football game. :-)

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by boobits

Originally posted by XOOM-CRS Hi Abyssuss, Thanks for your comments. I wanted to add here that all who made a "pledge" for the Rapid Assault project, were never charged. Kickstarter requires you to meet your base line before any actual transactions occur. Our Senior Producer "GOPHUR' issued a statement to all of the folks who pledged as well as all Rapid Assault BETA personnel. We have forums available that are open to the public, we maintain some forums for premium subscription added value purposes.
    Pathetic response. Really. Did you even read his post fully? You never did answer his main point....

The exchange between XOOM and antipropa is an indication of one of CRS's biggest problems. They devote so much time to focusing on some comment by a disgruntled player while they neglect other areas of customer relations.

Hey XOOM since I remember when you used to be a player and you've probably got your hands full I'm going to help you out a bit:

--In the training forum there is a stickied thread about the training server. The only problem is, this training server no longer exists! here

--The parachuting guide is years old and is no longer relevent since the "map bug" was patched out here

--My goodness, there's another stickied thread about how the training server needs internet explorer, well why is it still there since the training server hasn't been up for months? Here

--And who exactly is responsible for the wiki? On the main page it still has 1.33 listed as the most recent update.

--I'm not familiar with the process for MMORPG.com but this site's own entry for Battleground Europe is outdated. The last news item is from February 2011 and in the "links" section links to a game manual that was last updated in 2005.

Those are just a few things I noticed in a few minutes perusing your site and I don't even have access to the "hidden" subscriber areas anymore. This is a major part of your public face, the training forum where all those new trial playere are going to look for help and you have severely outdated information.

If you have a quality product then a few misers shouldn't matter. There are so many other things that should be take priority over traveling here to identify critics and get them banned, like creating quality youtube guides/tutorials, hell just finding the biggest battle of the week and posting a minimally edited buzzard cam would do wonders for public relations. Something like that every week, maybe a quick 2 minute video with screenshots of development work, etc.

• XOOM-CRSXOOM-CRS Member UncommonPosts: 43

David,

We've had over 11 years of posting on these forums. We have been in process with cleaning up the forums all around (there's a lot of stuff), so there's bound to be a few areas we missed. Meanwhile I've taken care of those items you've addressed with the exception of Wiki & the WWII Online blog here. I just received access to the blog  as MM used to have it. In any event thanks for helping to point out a couple of items that are dated.

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

David,

We've had over 11 years of posting on these forums. We have been in process with cleaning up the forums all around (there's a lot of stuff), so there's bound to be a few areas we missed. Meanwhile I've taken care of those items you've addressed with the exception of Wiki & the WWII Online blog here. I just received access to the blog  as MM used to have it. In any event thanks for helping to point out a couple of items that are dated.

The problem is he had to do it HERE. 

He had to come to an OUTSIDE forum to post these issues for CRS to do anything about it. 

This has been one of CRS's biggest flaws, you have to publicly call the company out for anything to happen.  Like the Allies vs Axis balance issue of 2007 or 2008.  When the Axis side staged a walkout there was a patition signed by majority of the then active squads, for fixes that needed to happen to make the game playable.  CRS refused to accept them, and HALF the game population quit playing for a week.  It is still the fastest campaign in the history of WWIIOL.    CRS Banned one person who took the heat for it and then implemented all of those suggestions.   Funny how that works.

And dont try and say this didnt happen because I was that person who was perma-banned.

So much crap, so little quality.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

So Hodo your beef is linked to events of the past...5 years old?

Why not actually support Hrica's post where he points out that WWIOL is actually a bloody good game, if you can deal with dropping the baggage.

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

What really digs at me is the damn dumbing down of the game.....

And where the hell is my Motorcycle????

I loved the game but sadly it's past it's golden era. 

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Stug

Why not actually support Hrica's post where he points out that WWIOL is actually a bloody good game, if you can deal with dropping the baggage.

Some of us don't like the game and shared our experiences. Deal with it.

Stop trying to get us to "like" the game. It's too late for that.  If you wan't to waste your money with CRS go right ahead.  Don't say none of us veterans tried to warn you.  Man, you are annoying.

Originally posted by depot12

Some of us don't like the game and shared our experiences. Deal with it.

Stop trying to get us to "like" the game. It's too late for that.  If you wan't to waste your money with CRS go right ahead.  Don't say none of us veterans tried to warn you.  Man, you are annoying.

You are mistaken. I fully understand people don't like the game, and have said so, thaqt differences of opinions will exist.

However, there is a difference between difference's of opinion's and a crusade to spite a game and a game company.

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

You are mistaken. I fully understand people don't like the game, and have said so, thaqt differences of opinions will exist.

However, there is a difference between difference's of opinion's and a crusade to spite a game and a game company.

What do you care? Do you work for CRS or something? If the game is so awesome then what do you care what 1 or 2 people on MMORG say about it? Maybe people wonder why it sucks then they can come here and get un-biased opinions on the game before they toss thier money down the toilet like so many others.   Like axishatr said if a brick and mortar company or contractor did the same stuff CRS has done to thier customer base it would be illegal.   If people want to hear what I have to say about the game great they can.  Or they can toss thier money down the toilet with CRS and play with the ADHD kids plus fight the invisible EI, fall thru stairs, CTHL, JWBS and a billion other problems with the game.

Originally posted by depot12

What do you care? Do you work for CRS or something? If the game is so awesome then what do you care what 1 or 2 people on MMORG say about it? Maybe people wonder why it sucks then they can come here and get un-biased opinions on the game before they toss thier money down the toilet like so many others.   Like axishatr said if a brick and mortar company or contractor did the same stuff CRS has done to thier customer base it would be illegal.   If people want to hear what I have to say about the game great they can.  Or they can toss thier money down the toilet with CRS and play with the ADHD kids plus fight the invisible EI, fall thru stairs, CTHL, JWBS and a billion other problems with the game.

It's important that people don't get one-sided opinions, which is the function of this forum.  Indeed there are things that you mention that I know have been discussed on the forums to death and back again - it's nothing new and its been bemoaned, experienced accepted and yet the game still goes on.

But thats not the problem, the problem is you are determinedly misrepresenting an active and growing game community with a great deal of misrepresentation, hyperbole and to be honest downright lies or ignorance of the existing current state of affairs in game.

E.g. a "Billion problems". Hyperbole, underlining your complete disinterest in the well being of any aspect of the existing game community.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

It's important that people don't get one-sided opinions, which is the function of this forum.  Indeed there are things that you mention that I know have been discussed on the forums to death and back again - it's nothing new and its been bemoaned, experienced accepted and yet the game still goes on. But thats not the problem, the problem is you are determinedly misrepresenting an active and growing game community with a great deal of misrepresentation, hyperbole and to be honest downright lies or ignorance of the existing current state of affairs in game. E.g. a "Billion problems". Hyperbole, underlining your complete disinterest in the well being of any aspect of the existing game community.

So there's not a billion problems, just a few dozen.

If you're going to say that all us critics are dishonest then can you at least tell us how many personnel are still working there? What are they down to, one programmer and one producer now(not counting the community admins)? Before I left they were becoming even more abrasive with customers, as in deleting posts and banning people for objecting to Rapid Assault...which I think is particularly funny considering that some of us did support them financially on that and it's like pulling teeth to get any more information about that project.

The frequent crash-to-desktop issue, as well as the dramatically increased loading times(over one minute instead of seconds) are for a lot of people purely post 1.34 problems which still haven't been addressed. Those are certainly new and seeing that people were/are installing some 3rd party 4GB RAM .exe patch just so they don't crash every sortie I don't think that the problems are being accepted.

They need to get their act together, or at least fix the glaring technical problems that were introduced with the last patch.

Originally posted by david06

It's important that people don't get one-sided opinions, which is the function of this forum.  Indeed there are things that you mention that I know have been discussed on the forums to death and back again - it's nothing new and its been bemoaned, experienced accepted and yet the game still goes on. But thats not the problem, the problem is you are determinedly misrepresenting an active and growing game community with a great deal of misrepresentation, hyperbole and to be honest downright lies or ignorance of the existing current state of affairs in game. E.g. a "Billion problems". Hyperbole, underlining your complete disinterest in the well being of any aspect of the existing game community.

So there's not a billion problems, just a few dozen.

If you're going to say that all us critics are dishonest then can you at least tell us how many personnel are still working there? What are they down to, one programmer and one producer now(not counting the community admins)? Before I left they were becoming even more abrasive with customers, as in deleting posts and banning people for objecting to Rapid Assault...which I think is particularly funny considering that some of us did support them financially on that and it's like pulling teeth to get any more information about that project.

The frequent crash-to-desktop issue, as well as the dramatically increased loading times(over one minute instead of seconds) are for a lot of people purely post 1.34 problems which still haven't been addressed. Those are certainly new and seeing that people were/are installing some 3rd party 4GB RAM .exe patch just so they don't crash every sortie I don't think that the problems are being accepted.

They need to get their act together, or at least fix the glaring technical problems that were introduced with the last patch.

Im not up on the RATS numbers - plain fact. There was a post about it in the forums, if you want to look for it.

I haven't seen any banning <shrugs> and there have always been shenanigans on WWIIOL website depending what the FOTM is for the whine.

I think the issue is that I don't log on and look at any bugs or issues (I really dont have them - honest) I log on and enjoy the game. If you remember that this game is 10+ years old, and its still going, I think the problems in the scale of things don't add up to gamebreakers for me.

It's our tolerance levels that are different. As for glaring technical problems, what are they?

I seriously just log on, play and have fun.