Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Acts 2 & 3 of Shadow of the Mad King to Debut this Weekend

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

NCSoft and the Guild Wars 2 team have sent word that players will want to head into the game today to experience Act II of the Shadow of the Mad King as it kicks off. In addition, players are reminded that Act III will go live on Sunday, October 28th.

Find out more on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Can't wait!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

ACT 2 is awsome!

me chillin with the Mad King!

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

into the mad kings labyrinth

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

This minigame of Villagers vs ghosts is really fun. But I can't enter the other one.. something rumble.

I'm also afraid i won't be able to finish clocktower =P

Originally posted by QSatu

This minigame of Villagers vs ghosts is really fun. But I can't enter the other one.. something rumble.

I'm also afraid i won't be able to finish clocktower =P

yea thought reapers rumble was maybe for the next act but it does say it's part of ACT2 i can't get in either... the tower is a PAIN... all the players doing it at the same time makes it way harder...

but yea the lunatic event is fun.. i ALMOST stayed alive the whole time got turned with 57 seconds to go GRR

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614
    ANET! not ncsoft >_<   sheesh

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• MilitantMilitant Member Posts: 48
    Pfffttt... Planetside 2 beta!!

I love GW2 actually though... But they need to fix performance... Invisible enemies in wvw and poor rendering is killing it..
    i get double the FPS and rendering easily on ps2...
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Militant
    Pfffttt... Planetside 2 beta!!

I love GW2 actually though... But they need to fix performance... Invisible enemies in wvw and poor rendering is killing it..
    i get double the FPS and rendering easily on ps2...

sounds like u need a new computer -

I run it on my alienware and runs flawlessly! wvwvw-is awsome no issues there bud.

Anet are amazing!!they know their audience and they are true artist!!!

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Having a blast in that Labyrinth too!

Act II is beeing more that i expected really! All 3 new events are awesome.

I´m afraid too i won´t be completing the Clocktower Puzzle on time.... so friking annoying XD

Originally posted by Zzad

Having a blast in that Labyrinth too!

Act II is beeing more that i expected really! All 3 new events are awesome.

I´m afraid too i won´t be completing the Clocktower Puzzle on time.... so friking annoying XD

i gave up on the tower for now ill try tommorow.. i think it wouldn't be to bad but running with 10 or so people I can't see all the jump spots quick enough it seems and end up missing.. oh well ill give it another go in the morning.. but yea the events have been great in this ACT also the scavenger hunt for the pages was also done much better for this ACT

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Eh clock tower wasn't too bad, definitely the hardest puzzle and it took me about 40 minutes to get it down but once I did I did it a few times in a row, sadly after the first time all you get are trick or treat bags.

Some guildies gave up on it though and I laughed at their frustration.

Reapers was indeed bugged but after a while I managed to get into it, although I didnt really like it all that much, ghost event was more fun IMO, me and a friend found an awesome spot to hide and after a while that got boring so we just started becoming the first people to be the ghosts everytime and just go hunting.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    reapers is a variation on dota. it was ok but I agree that ghosts vs villagers is more exciting. Still there seems to be so much content to do.. ANet outdid themselves. Even on official forums people complain less.

Btw. We can test new FoV settings.. game seems so much better without bugged fov on widescreen <3
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Honestly the best holiday event ever. Is so much to do, I can't get it all done. :)
  • elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    i love the events, i went at the tower for 12 hours then did take a break and with other 4 hours i finally did it! 
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I was disappointed with act 1, it seemed just an achievement hunt. But act 2 made up for this. The events in the explorable areas are a lot of fun and the labyrinth is amazing :) Still have to finish that bloody clocktower though. I hope at some point to start with just other Asure, so I can actually see my toon amongst the other players :p
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    I'm absolutely impressed by their take on Halloween. Can't wait to see what they'll do for Christmas now that they have to follow up on this.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.