Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wrapping up unfinished business before expansion

GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I just finished my Order of Mathos Rep today. I finally got one of my favorite mounts in the game.  

Pretty psyched about it, actually.

Anyone else doing anything like this?

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Ive been going through all my crafting lures and cashing out the mats on the auction house. Maxed out my planar charges. Cleaned up my bank and have been doing the storm events and quest chains. I just want to get into dimensions and start building jumping puzzles already hehe

Main thing i wanted to do was max my fishing and survival profs which i did a couple weeks ago

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Ive been going through all my crafting lures and cashing out the mats on the auction house. Maxed out my planar charges. Cleaned up my bank and have been doing the storm events and quest chains. I just want to get into dimensions and start building jumping puzzles already hehe

Main thing i wanted to do was max my fishing and survival profs which i did a couple weeks ago

Have I got a game for you!!!!!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    does it offer a speed boost over all the other mounts to equate for all that time grinding rep?:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    does it offer a speed boost over all the other mounts to equate for all that time grinding rep?:)

Considering that grinding rep gave me experience which I then applied to planar attunement which does in fact boost speed. 

Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Foomerang Ive been going through all my crafting lures and cashing out the mats on the auction house. Maxed out my planar charges. Cleaned up my bank and have been doing the storm events and quest chains. I just want to get into dimensions and start building jumping puzzles already hehe Main thing i wanted to do was max my fishing and survival profs which i did a couple weeks ago
    Have I got a game for you!!!!!

Hahaha

Considering that grinding rep gave me experience which I then applied to planar attunement which does in fact boost speed. 

But does the mount? that shiny shiny mount? or is it same stats as all the others?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

But does the mount? that shiny shiny mount? or is it same stats as all the others?

Oh I see, No, that one is a fixed speed. I have others that adjust. But this one is fixed

Oh I see, No, that one is a fixed speed. I have others that adjust. But this one is fixed

i'm just messing with you I know the speeds of the mounts I had that mount myself when I played Rift.. my point is it's a cosmetic grind I did it because I love the look of it..  that and the Murdantix mounts are my favorite

i'm just messing with you I know the speeds of the mounts I had that mount myself when I played Rift.. my point is it's a cosmetic grind I did it because I love the look of it..  that and the Murdantix mounts are my favorite

I can't say it was really a grind though. It's taken me this long because Rep isn't something I pay much attention to unless there is somthing I need for stats.And that usually stops at the earlier (blue gear) stages. I deliberately went and got this done today because I'd noticed that my noteriety had gotten to within 1000 Rep. I think of it as more of a side bonus.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    You can get exhalted with Order of Mathos in a day or two, just stay in the Stillmoor IA.
    Originally posted by AZHokie54
    You can get exhalted with Order of Mathos in a day or two, just stay in the Stillmoor IA.

Been doing most of those in EI. 

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Much like everyone else, I have just been finishing my rep grinds and really just chilling out waiting for SL to hit.  Mostly I've been playing around with the ability to now use any type of armor as my wardrobe (SHUT UP!  ITS NOT BARBIE! *it kinda is* ITS ARMOR! ITS MANLY!)

http://thehivemindedreviews.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/rift-that-awkward-phase/

That about sums it up.

I can't say it was really a grind though. It's taken me this long because Rep isn't something I pay much attention to unless there is somthing I need for stats.And that usually stops at the earlier (blue gear) stages. I deliberately went and got this done today because I'd noticed that my noteriety had gotten to within 1000 Rep. I think of it as more of a side bonus.

when i played the Mathos grind trains were going all the time.. you basically just did circles back in the castle area of stillmoor grinding the rep.. i did this for many many weeks.. they may have reduced how much rep it requires to get that mount though

Originally posted by Aerowyn does it offer a speed boost over all the other mounts to equate for all that time grinding rep?:)
    when i played the Mathos grind trains were going all the time.. you basically just did circles back in the castle area of stillmoor grinding the rep.. i did this for many many weeks.. they may have reduced how much rep it requires to get that mount though
    It took me 6 months every day twelve hours a day uphill in the snow both ways to grind mathos rep hehe

I could never see rushing something that's just gonna happen anyway. Of course, in my case, It almost didn't HAHA!

Originally posted by TheHiveLeader

Much like everyone else, I have just been finishing my rep grinds and really just chilling out waiting for SL to hit.  Mostly I've been playing around with the ability to now use any type of armor as my wardrobe (SHUT UP!  ITS NOT BARBIE! *it kinda is* ITS ARMOR! ITS MANLY!)

http://thehivemindedreviews.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/rift-that-awkward-phase/

That about sums it up.

I think 'barbie" is a bit harsh.

Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Aerowyn does it offer a speed boost over all the other mounts to equate for all that time grinding rep?:)
    It took me 6 months every day twelve hours a day uphill in the snow both ways to grind mathos rep hehe

yea i did the grind circles for weeks but got bored.. but it did take me about 5 months to get the mount

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Arnt you playing GW2 where everything is about cosmetics?  And stats have little meaning past 80?  Apparently he likes the looks of the mount.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I've just got to 50 in Rift for the first time and have started the endgame stuff. Enjoying how much there is to do at endgame.

I have a question though. With Storm Legion, is all the new endgame gear going to require that you get all the old endgame gear to buy it? I hope it does because it would be a shame to just level to 60 and forget about all the old armor sets and weapons. I mean the PvP, Planar, Chronicles/Expert Dungeon and Raid gear.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Originally posted by Vannor
    I've just got to 50 in Rift for the first time and have started the endgame stuff. Enjoying how much there is to do at endgame.I have a question though. With Storm Legion, is all the new endgame gear going to require that you get all the old endgame gear to buy it? I hope it does because it would be a shame to just level to 60 and forget about all the old armor sets and weapons. I mean the PvP, Planar, Chronicles/Expert Dungeon and Raid gear.

Trion has been pretty good at refreshing old content. I would imagine some expert and master modes for old raid s and dungeons for level 60. You can also mentor down and run those raids with people who dont have the expansion or are wanting to collect specific armors for wardrobe. Or just for items mounts titles achieves, easy planar xp whatev heh.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Vannor

I've just got to 50 in Rift for the first time and have started the endgame stuff. Enjoying how much there is to do at endgame.

I have a question though. With Storm Legion, is all the new endgame gear going to require that you get all the old endgame gear to buy it? I hope it does because it would be a shame to just level to 60 and forget about all the old armor sets and weapons. I mean the PvP, Planar, Chronicles/Expert Dungeon and Raid gear.

Even EQ didnt do this.  Heck they even added a bypass for epic 2 that didnt require epic 1.

However, with appearance gear Im sure people will seek out older sets of gear for the look.