Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The only MMO to make me want a HUGE monitor!

SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296
Yeah, usually I'm not bothered. My ViewSonic 23" HD monitor does the trick. But, whatever else about Guild Wars 2, there's no denying the absolute beauty of the art direction. Just now, I've made a Charr and I'm exploring The Black Citadel (I haven't been there before, nor made a Charr) and all I can think about is: "man I'd love to play this on a 40 or 50 inch HD TV. I could, I mean I could hook it up to the TV in the other room but there's all the hasstle fo moving stuff about. Regardless, it's stunning beauty has definitely captured me tonight. 

Comments

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    all i can say is that it looks amazing on my 27"  :)
  • Smitt3kSmitt3k Member Posts: 21
    I have a 36 inch monitor and I LOVE it!
  • CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353
    I've read somewhere that they are working on the FoV as well so it's probably going to get even better. :)

Eat me!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Really? I wasn't all that impressed to be honest that I felt amazed by the graphics. It didn't impress me anymore then any other MMo out there, truthfully it felt a bit weaker then some 'high end' MMos but in the end an MMo isn't really meant to be heavily focused on graphics. If I want pretty graphics I'll typically go with a Single player focused game.

GW2, much like many other MMos out there, just doesn't do anything remotely impressing to me, and in fact just disapoints me since it was going for that 'cartoony' look with character and didn't ever go about using it for the environments to really make them pop and stand out from one another.  Its all the same "Jungle area, Forest Area, Snow Area, ect. ect." wherever I go with the only zones really changing much is Orr that is just the same old same old throughout. Its just not very visually appealing to me. I'm content with my 20' monitor for now, though maybe I'll take an upgrade with a pretty non mmo game that does a far better job due to not having to worry about limiting its potential due to minimizing the player base that can enjoy it while having a lot of people in the area at once. :)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I really like how the environments were done, as well. Between the look of the world and the scale of some of the DEs, GW2 got me looking at some of the multimonitor display systems again.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I just wish games would offer some kind of support for dual monitor setups, like being able to keep things like maps and bags and stats open on one monitor with the actual gameplay on the other.  Stuff like that.

You make me like charity

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Really? I wasn't all that impressed to be honest that I felt amazed by the graphics. It didn't impress me anymore then any other MMo out there, truthfully it felt a bit weaker then some 'high end' MMos but in the end an MMo isn't really meant to be heavily focused on graphics. If I want pretty graphics I'll typically go with a Single player focused game.

GW2, much like many other MMos out there, just doesn't do anything remotely impressing to me, and in fact just disapoints me since it was going for that 'cartoony' look with character and didn't ever go about using it for the environments to really make them pop and stand out from one another.  Its all the same "Jungle area, Forest Area, Snow Area, ect. ect." wherever I go with the only zones really changing much is Orr that is just the same old same old throughout. Its just not very visually appealing to me. I'm content with my 20' monitor for now, though maybe I'll take an upgrade with a pretty non mmo game that does a far better job due to not having to worry about limiting its potential due to minimizing the player base that can enjoy it while having a lot of people in the area at once. :)

The more that I read your constant posts in each and every GW2 thread, the more that I wonder if you've played the game at all. Thanks for sharing though.

EDIT: I want a bigger monitor too, but I'm drooling over those new 27" ASUS monitors running 2560x1440.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I agree OP. the game looks great to me as well.

I have a 24' monitor at 1920x 1200 and would love a bigger monitor or several monitors in eye infinity setup for GW2.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    They really did a good job with visuals. Looked up while running thru a forest yesterday and the sunbeams shining through the branches and leaves were awesome to behold hehe. Not to mention this is one of the first games I've ever played (mmo) that's actually got the waterfalls to look realistic. no more of this weird geometric shaps in water.