Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry, but I cannot subscribe.

mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

I have Rift trial account. I just reached lvl 20 and to continue to play it  I need to buy the game and to subscribe. I can buy the game with expansion, no problem, what is stopping me is subscription. I just don't want to pay to play.

I also play GW2 and EVE now, and I cannot see any justification why I should pay sub-fee in Rift. Combat is boring tap-targeting, graphics is outdated, no voiced cut-scenes, all quests are like kill 10x of this, collect 10x of that, etc. GW2 provides better experience for me without sub-fee than Rift with sub-fees. Ppl say Rift has good end-game. Maybe, but it will take me months before I reach it. So why bother, if I don't know I will even like it? The only sub-fees that I tolerate atm are in EVE. And this is because, I have an option to pay the fees using in-game currency.

Comments

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    Then stop complaining and go back to GW2. Bye.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Ok, thanks for sharing
  • mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

I did.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Lol, the thing is all these players saying they can never pay for a sub again are going to come unstuck. If they think subs died with the release of GW2 then they are delusional.

All they are doing is limiting the amount of MMOs they can play.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Well thanks for letting us know. But this not like some bug or game breaking mechanic that is going to be fixed. I have no problems with P2P and i can not imagine playing GW2 for rest of my life because well it is B2P. I like variety in my MMOS and Rift will be my next stop for few months atleast.
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Your loss.

Bye.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by halflife25
     I like variety in my MMOS

i agree - i think RIFT is worth buying and occasionally subbing to

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

Lol, the thing is all these players saying they can never pay for a sub again are going to come unstuck. If they think subs died with the release of GW2 then they are delusional.

we will see when the next round of mmo's are released..planetside is next and is free 2 play. can you name an mmorpg coming out soon that will have a sub? Subcriptions are dead.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Rift is one of the better MMOs on the market IMO.

All the free content, updates, events ( that dont require real money to enjoy ), ect make it well worth the sub fee. If your hung up on $15 a month then nothing anyone says will really persuade you anyways. F2P and B2P you usually get what you pay for.

Yes even with GW2 ( and I am a fan who plays almost daily ). I guess I am old school and would rather pay a sub and not get nickle and dimed to death from the F2P / B2P models. I personally would be happier paying $15 month with GW2 and have no gem store than the current model. But I realize I am in the minority here.

Good luck with whatever you choose =)

Originally posted by jdnewell

All the free content, updates, events ( that dont require real money to enjoy ), ect make it well worth the sub fee. If your hung up on $15 a month then nothing anyone says will really persuade you anyways. F2P and B2P you usually get what you pay for.

Yes even with GW2 ( and I am a fan who plays almost daily ). I guess I am old school and would rather pay a sub and not get nickle and dimed to death from the F2P / B2P models. I personally would be happier paying $15 month with GW2 and have no gem store than the current model. But I realize I am in the minority here.

if rift is one of the better mmo's why are they merging servers?

Originally posted by Istavaan

we will see when the next round of mmo's are released..planetside is next and is free 2 play. can you name an mmorpg coming out soon that will have a sub? Subcriptions are dead.

There are lot of MMOS coming out but not all of them announced their paying model yet. So it is foolish to make claims like 'subscription are dead'.

Sorry had to comment here lol. Not to be rude but wait till PS2 releases as F2P, then you will see just how F2P sony is making it. Good luck with being competitive without spending money.

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Omg I don't see how people have a problem paying a TINY tiny 15 dollars a month....really? really. Going to the movie theater on friday night with your buds is more than 15 dollars...and that is for 2 hours...It is just 15 bucks

(-_-)

Sorry had to comment here lol. Not to be rude but wait till PS2 releases as F2P, then you will see just how F2P sony is making it. Good luck with being competitive without spending money.

Well im not playing planetside i was just merely pointing out the most mmo's will use the f2p model from now on.

Originally posted by alancode
    Omg I don't see how people have a problem paying a TINY tiny 15 dollars a month....really? really. Going to the movie theater on friday night with your buds is more than 15 dollars...and that is for 2 hours...It is just 15 bucks

One movie night with wife costs me anywhere between 50 to 100 bucks, because well can't just go back home after watching a movie. 15 bucks is like a pocket change for whole month of entertainment.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

$15 a month.. I spent more than that on my lunch today. If I'd made a sandwich instead I would have been able to afford another month of Rift.

I just don't get some people.

GW2 does not stand up to P2P MMOs, it's hardly even in the same genre. It's MMO lite and appeals to people who either don't really like MMOs or those who are burnt out and don't want to commit. P2Ps offer more for the commited MMOer. GW2 has it's place, don't get me wrong.. but it's not the same place as games like Rift.

Plus, "graphics are outdated"? GW2, as a recently released game, is years and years behind current tech, including behind the tech in Rift. If you think GW2 has better grahics than Rift when both are on max settings then I truely believe you're biased because it's crazy talk. And EVE's graphics? Well, there's hardly any graphics because most of it is just a black vista!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

They are? News to me.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Life is good.

As for why they are merging servers. I honestly dont know why this game is not more popular with people who like Themeparks. I would personally choose Rift over other themeparks like WoW, AoC, ect.

From what I can tell overall the company is doing well. Good and frequent content updates, releasing an expansion, ect.

Server or player #s are not necessarily a sign of a " good or bad" game. Usually just what the current trend is with alot of people. Seems like MMOs are a short stop for many gamers today, play a few months and then hop on the next new game hoping for that thrill of the 1st MMO.

I don't have a problem paying 15 dollars a month but if i can get it for free i'll take that over 15 dollars a month. if i offered you  two tickets to the cinema and said one was free and the other is 15 dollars, which one would you take?

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Rift is one of the better MMOs on the market IMO.All the free content, updates, events ( that dont require real money to enjoy ), ect make it well worth the sub fee. If your hung up on $15 a month then nothing anyone says will really persuade you anyways. F2P and B2P you usually get what you pay for.Yes even with GW2 ( and I am a fan who plays almost daily ). I guess I am old school and would rather pay a sub and not get nickle and dimed to death from the F2P / B2P models. I personally would be happier paying $15 month with GW2 and have no gem store than the current model. But I realize I am in the minority here.Good luck with whatever you choose =)
    i couldnt agree more. most people end up spending more than 15 a month on a f2p game. i did with lotro and cox. i would rather just spend 15 and have it all open and available to me.
    but ur right, we r the minority. its like all the people playing nowadays r the kids/college people that cant afford the sub fee. might not really b the way it is but it sure seems like it. 15$ is 2 big mac meals a month. just sayin.
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Your loss IMO. But I would say that leveling in this game is the most boring part. Rift doesn't truly open up till the endgame. Would also add that although it isn't the best looking game out there, I would say it looks better than most although I agree that the sound direction is the worse part of the game.

I wouldn't be so quick to praise GW2 BTP model just yet because I have a feeling that their cash shop will expand given it's prominence on the client.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

@ OP then you know what dont play..

If you really enjoyed the game you would have no issues subbing up.. why come and post on here telling people you dont like the game enough to sub?

I dont like it at all but im not posting on here complaining about it (or maybe i just did haha)

• ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

Here is my 2cents, Rift is worth every penny, I have been subbed since start, and will sub unless something better is out there.

Frankly nothing better xists, esp from a dev side, these guys are on AWEsome drugs :P, and it shows :).

The end-game rocks, the PA system rocks, the IA rocks, the PVP rocks, the Conquest ROCKS!

There are no current game that gives you what Rift does, and I don't see any other game doing it any time soon.

Had some real hopes for TSW, but even though its a good game, it just isn't one Rifts lvl, and neighter are your B2P GW2.

For me P2P will always wins, its a matter of money makes the world go rond. So well supported dev team = great game.

Cash store = greedy bastards = poor game, because all they can think about is how 2 max profit in the store.

That is the last thing devs should be thinking about when making AWEsome content.

In the end, that is all we want, CONTENT, and if I get to pay 15$$ for content, I will pay it, because hey!!! that is a great Deal :)

Ppl that can't / won't pay 15$$ should concider not playing MMo's.

I even live in a country where my money/currency is worth less than 8-12 times most ppls and I can affort to sub to more than one game at the same time, so I just don't get it.

If you drink and smoke you should concider your health and save money...

Anyway that is enough, Pay and play Rift, otherwise go play some other crappy B2p of F2p game.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I don't have a problem paying 15 dollars a month but if i can get it for free i'll take that over 15 dollars a month. if i offered you  two tickets to the cinema and said one was free and the other is 15 dollars, which one would you take?

Then i will take ticket to the movie i have interest in and not only because ticket is free even though movie is garbage.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by alancode Omg I don't see how people have a problem paying a TINY tiny 15 dollars a month....really? really. Going to the movie theater on friday night with your buds is more than 15 dollars...and that is for 2 hours...It is just 15 bucks

but then ur implying that both tickets r the same. f2p and p2p r not the same. cant compare them.