Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

would you play a dedicated server based sandbox medieval fantasy zombie survival game?

bishbosh2bishbosh2 SydneyPosts: 66Member

1. 100-200 players per server; you are not locked into one server... think of it like bf3 or dayz servers

2. emphasis on player economy and crafting

3. item decay upon death to allow for player economy

4. ability to make environment ; repair walls, doors, set up defenses

5. casual gameplay suited to small groups/ solo play

6. no levels or classes

7. learn/respec skills from skill books/temples/shrines/ NPCs

8. B2P

9. 3rd+1st person view, action combat, no auto targetting

10. fairly crappy graphics and repitive buildings/terrain but will improve over time

Think of it as a dayz/diablo2 hybrid with some sandbox mmorpg elements

 

«1

Comments

  • muffins89muffins89 Yakima, WAPosts: 1,306Member Uncommon
    no.

    I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

  • beat_downbeat_down Gardena, CAPosts: 45Member Uncommon
    Heck yeah I would.
  • IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member

    umm dayz and d2 are as far from each other on the gaming spectrum that its almost idiotic to view a 3rd person shooter type game with them. also neither really matches up in any regard to what you are invisioning.  just because d2 and dayz have zombies or crafting doesnt mean they are remotely similar. 

     

    so no, i wouldnt buy it to play it with this current vision. it does not sound like a game at all. :/ trying to cram too much under 1 hood will generally leave the game play shallow

    CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

    <image

  • Stuka1000Stuka1000 Posts: 875Member Uncommon
    Nope
  • ToxiaToxia Lake Charles, LAPosts: 1,319Member Uncommon

    a sandbox....medieval....fantasy....zombie...survival game...

     

    uhm....no....

    The Deep Web is sca-ry.

  • DignaDigna City, CTPosts: 2,014Member Uncommon

    Would depend on the implementation and the B2P final cost. If it's dull and poorly implemented, no of course not.

    100-200 people per server likely wouldn't be feasible though, not in a dedicated environment . A small group leaving for another game or even a family group going on a vacation would unbalance things.

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

    I already play something like that on a Minecraft server. The only difference is that the server I'm on uses the mcMMO mod, so you have a set of skills that you skill up through various activities.

    • 150 players on the server at a time.
    • It's Minecraft, crafting is important. The server has an economy plugin, so players buy and sell items from each other.
    • Items that players use decay. Items are lost, stolen and forgotten. A constant influx of new stuff is necessary.
    • It's Minecraft. You have to build your environment, or you're just wandering in the wilderness.
    • It's small groups, but maybe smaller than you're talking. The most people I've seen in a single group is four or five at a time. No classes, but players do have skills that they level up. All players have all skills. There are no NPCs. Minecraft is B2P, but the server I'm on has a 'Premium' option that isn't a blatant money grab like other Minecraft servers I've seen. It's First Person View. There is a Third Person View, but that doesn't work super well in Minecraft.

    ** edit **
    There are zombies, but the important aspect of the game is the other players, not the monsters.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • bishbosh2bishbosh2 SydneyPosts: 66Member
    Originally posted by Digna

    Would depend on the implementation and the B2P final cost. If it's dull and poorly implemented, no of course not.

    100-200 people per server likely wouldn't be feasible though, not in a dedicated environment . A small group leaving for another game or even a family group going on a vacation would unbalance things.

    you are not locked to a server. its like FPS servers. you can freely switch whenever you to which ever server you want like in dayz.

  • bishbosh2bishbosh2 SydneyPosts: 66Member
    Originally posted by Ichmen

    umm dayz and d2 are as far from each other on the gaming spectrum that its almost idiotic to view a 3rd person shooter type game with them. also neither really matches up in any regard to what you are invisioning.  just because d2 and dayz have zombies or crafting doesnt mean they are remotely similar. 

     

    so no, i wouldnt buy it to play it with this current vision. it does not sound like a game at all. :/ trying to cram too much under 1 hood will generally leave the game play shallow

    dayz is already played in third person? you really only switch to 1st person to shoot and thats only because 3rd person view aiming is bugged.

  • ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Akron, OHPosts: 283Member
    I would at least give it a shot.
  • DignaDigna City, CTPosts: 2,014Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bishbosh2
    Originally posted by Digna

    Would depend on the implementation and the B2P final cost. If it's dull and poorly implemented, no of course not.

    100-200 people per server likely wouldn't be feasible though, not in a dedicated environment . A small group leaving for another game or even a family group going on a vacation would unbalance things.

    you are not locked to a server. its like FPS servers. you can freely switch whenever you to which ever server you want like in dayz.

    Then I would likely give it a try assuming the 1st part of my post was within acceptable limits.

  • DarthMajinDarthMajin Sparta, WIPosts: 92Member
    Title says it all, you are cramming too much different stuff into a game. It would never turn out good.

    image

  • If it's any good, sure.
  • SimphanaticSimphanatic Marion, IAPosts: 92Member
    Originally posted by megabuu
    Title says it all, you are cramming too much different stuff into a game. It would never turn out good.

    Exactly.

     

    Let's just pile up a bunch of cliches. Hmm, let's see, Medieval: vampires, werewolves, certainly some goblins AND zombies. And let's add some battle bunnies, and dragons -- gotta have dragons. Aliens, let's add some of those too. And maybe some discordant leprechauns. And, yes, let's locate all of it in a terribly original dark, gothic setting, with volcanoes and stuff. Oh, yeah, and we'll contrive all this in a world with no regard to Abraham Maslow or Adam Smith.

     

    No thanks.

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Be better if it was.

    You, you personally, get zapped back in time with a shotgun, chainsaw and beat up old car.

    Would be GROOOVY

  • GrixxittGrixxitt New Orleans, LAPosts: 543Member

    If you used a decent FPS engine and snagged the Ravenloft IP you could make millions.

    MILLIONS I tell YOU!!!

    The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

    -The MMO Forum Community

  • CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh GlasgowPosts: 194Member
    no
  • IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member
    Originally posted by bishbosh2
    Originally posted by Ichmen

    umm dayz and d2 are as far from each other on the gaming spectrum that its almost idiotic to view a 3rd person shooter type game with them. also neither really matches up in any regard to what you are invisioning.  just because d2 and dayz have zombies or crafting doesnt mean they are remotely similar. 

     

    so no, i wouldnt buy it to play it with this current vision. it does not sound like a game at all. :/ trying to cram too much under 1 hood will generally leave the game play shallow

    dayz is already played in third person? you really only switch to 1st person to shoot and thats only because 3rd person view aiming is bugged.

    my personal taste of FPS is for first person. as that is what i grew up playing. blakestone/wolfenstin 3d/doom/dod3.0/cs ect. 3rd person fps games always feel flat as a board like trying to play a ridge racer game without any mountains or tight turning paths,  its just hollow.

    CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

    <image

  • Cephus404Cephus404 Redlands, CAPosts: 3,675Member
    Not a chance in hell.

    Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

  • DibdabsDibdabs FelvershamPosts: 2,604Member Uncommon
    No.  There are certain keywords that stop any interest I might have in a game - Diablo is one of them.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by bishbosh2

    1. 100-200 players per server; you are not locked into one server... think of it like bf3 or dayz servers

    2. emphasis on player economy and crafting

    3. item decay upon death to allow for player economy

    4. ability to make environment ; repair walls, doors, set up defenses

    5. casual gameplay suited to small groups/ solo play

    6. no levels or classes

    7. learn/respec skills from skill books/temples/shrines/ NPCs

    8. B2P

    9. 3rd+1st person view, action combat, no auto targetting

    10. fairly crappy graphics and repitive buildings/terrain but will improve over time

    Think of it as a dayz/diablo2 hybrid with some sandbox mmorpg elements

     

    Nope. Don't like zombie survival games.

  • VengerVenger York, PAPosts: 1,318Member

    Friendly fire?

    Yes to friendly fire probably not.  No i'd give it a try if the price is right.  Just not to sure on the medieval fantasy zombie survival.  

     

  • OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,191Member Uncommon
    No, how boring just killing zombies.  A game like this would die a quick death.
  • AzaqinAzaqin Willowick, OHPosts: 65Member
    I would not only play it, I would have its babies.
  • KaniverKaniver OREGONPosts: 103Member Uncommon
    NADA
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.