Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why AV hide DF UW so much ?

DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Few weeks left till DF UW.

So far some pictures, a short gameplay vid and no beta.

Is it they don't  want to scare peeps off by releasing more in game footage ?

The idea is simple, they better hide the state of DF UW till many pay for it ...profit.

I wouldn't buy / resub till people who played it give reviews / post videos.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

The idea is simple, they better hide the state of DF UW till many pay for it ...profit.

Yawn... I think many of the 150000+  from DF1 will try it at the cost of one months subsciption.  Anyway, they will easily have enough people to choke the two servers as is.

WTF are you talking about no beta? I assure you theyve had a beta for UW. image

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Yawn... I think many of the 150000+  from DF1 will try it at the cost of one months subsciption.  Anyway, they will easily have enough people to choke the two servers as is.

Whaaaat?image

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Originally posted by Ginaz

Whaaaat?image

I assume you even took your shoes off and were still left wanting?image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jU25YJ9iLpw#t=548s

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

My point is just that exactly,   they don't risk to show anything to to the public  to at least grab one months sub from everyone who tried DF1.

Showing material is always a risk, many will probably find out that the game dodnt change that much and many will find that the reason they left is still not fixed, at least that is the risk.

Is there any other explanation, why no beta and not much of  gameplay info ?

and No there wasn't a public beta or they lied cause all they said is "is being tested inhouse" and thats not a public beta.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    The initial launch of DF had only one server, and was quite packed.  AV seemingly isn't into making Darkfall WoW-size, and are probably content with the returning crowd (plus a few interested stragglers) at first. 

My point is just that exactly,   they don't risk to show anything to to the public  to at least grab one months sub from everyone who tried DF1.

Showing material is always a risk, many will probably find out that the game dodnt change that much and many will find that the reason they left is still not fixed, at least that is the risk.

Is there any other explanation, why no beta and not much of  gameplay info ?

and No there wasn't a public beta. 

Then dont play

You are wrong concerning the beta. (among other things)

Originally posted by jdlamson75
    The initial launch of DF had only one server, and was quite packed.  AV seemingly isn't into making Darkfall WoW-size, and are probably content with the returning crowd (plus a few interested stragglers) at first. 

Exactly

Theres enough hype with them doing nothing and they dont want to repeat the same mistakes from DF1s launch.  I'm sure there will be a lengthy delay before they even start selling the game again, people waited weeks the first time around.

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455

Exactly

Theres enough hype with them doing nothing and they dont want to repeat the same mistakes from DF1s launch.  I'm sure there will be a lengthy delay before they even start selling the game again, people waited weeks the first time around.

Guys, guys.

It's Aventurine.  There is no clever plan.

Will it be brilliant or will it be awful?  Who cares, it won't be WoW and it will only cost returning players $10 to have fun either playing the wonderful new game or playing the "slay the evil game" metagame.  Either way, cheaper than a night at the movies and almost guaranteed to be memorable. 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Flute

Exactly

Guys, guys.

It's Aventurine.  There is no clever plan.

Will it be brilliant or will it be awful?  Who cares, it won't be WoW and it will only cost returning players $10 to have fun either playing the wonderful new game or playing the "slay the evil game" metagame.  Either way, cheaper than a night at the movies and almost guaranteed to be memorable. 

they havent said how much the sub fee will be for uw i would think the 15 again

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

It's because UW is the same game as DF is today. With the same problems, with the same butt-ugly animations and with the same horrible UI.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by tom_gore

It's because UW is the same game as DF is today. With the same problems, with the same butt-ugly animations and with the same horrible UI.

HAHAHAHAHAHA no alot is the same but them things no it might have a few problems fromt he frist 1 but most of them should be ALOT better

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

So..... youre basing this on the fact that you know absolutely nothing whatsoever? Even a complete simpleton can see the UI is very different from the few screens and videos shown.

- New UI

- Role system

- removal of rays

- new skills / spells

- changes to alignment system

- entire world overhauled

- improved graphics

- reduced grind

- improved siege system

- enhancements to customizing bases / holdings

- various changes to crafting

- momentum system

- crosshair wobble

- removal of surging

- changes to attacking in NPC cities

- new mount possession  / theft system

- fall damage implementation to prevent / reduce bunny hopping

I could go on, but yes. Clearly youre correct. The game is EXACTLY the same......

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Anyway, they will easily have enough people to choke the two servers as is.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

wait wut....

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• AquitisAquitis Member Posts: 24
    I wouldn't bet against Advertine.  They have a habbit of providing no information then delivering on their promises. 
  • wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

The less people who play DFUW when it launches the better for AV. It will go smoother.

Heavily promote the game after it's released.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

This is what I suspect and unless I get some proof showing otherwise, they are not getting a cent from me.

Originally posted by kaiser3282

So..... youre basing this on the fact that you know absolutely nothing whatsoever? Even a complete simpleton can see the UI is very different from the few screens and videos shown.

- New UI

- Role system

- removal of rays

- new skills / spells

- improved graphics

- reduced grind

- improved siege system

- momentum system

- crosshair wobble

- removal of surging

I could go on, but yes. Clearly youre correct. The game is EXACTLY the same......

Screenshots/vids or it didnt happen. The one's I have seen shows no UI and only marginally better looking gfx/animations.

- New UI

- Role system

- removal of rays

- new skills / spells

- improved graphics

- reduced grind

- improved siege system

- momentum system

- crosshair wobble

- removal of surging

So it will have a new horrible UI and a lot of changes that they could have done in the original game, yet they chose to launch a completely new title?

I see you have bought 100% into what AV is telling you. Me... well I've learned the hard way and am waiting until the game is out and I can see what's it worth from a more reliable source than Tasos.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Silly. The game isn't ready.  I've seen this gamer bait and switch before: 

GAMER: OMG U taking too long, open the beta nao!

DEV: Ok, here's the game - keep in mind it's in beta so it's not complete yet.

GAMER: OMG DIS GAME SO BUGGY, IT SUX. I TOLD U DFUW WOULD FAIL.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

So it will have a new horrible UI and a lot of changes that they could have done in the original game, yet they chose to launch a completely new title?

I see you have bought 100% into what AV is telling you. Me... well I've learned the hard way and am waiting until the game is out and I can see what's it worth from a more reliable source than Tasos.

So you are going to "wait to see" if anything has changed because you have no idea. But in the mean time you are going to slag everything off, from a position of having no idea.

Cool.

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

So you are going to "wait to see" if anything has changed because you have no idea. But in the mean time you are going to slag everything off, from a position of having no idea.

Cool.

You can try this approach yourself.

Place an opened milk bottle in the fridge so it falls off when the door is opened. Close the door, wait for your gf/spouse/wife to open it and watch the drama to unfold.

Do it again the next day and the day after that. Eventually your gf/spouse/wife will learn that if she opens the fridge casually she's going to get the milk bottle fall over on her and open the door more carefully.

I've opened this fridge enough times to learn to be cautious.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Knowing AV expect everything to be out in the open a couple of days before launch.

If you are waiting for revieuws you wont be playing this game. Darkfall is a different game for a different crowd then any other mmorpg on this website.  Knowing this forum there will be horrible revieuws about the game because someone lost their gear and starts to be mad and feel like bashing the game to the ground.  These *rather stupid* players had no idea what game they were buying.

Cool.

Yes, based on Aventurine's past where DF was promised to have all kinds of features yet it went to launch, with a sliver of those features, and full of bugs, ugly UI and both ugly and poor performing GFX.

So it is just common sense that anything else they do after that be met with a healthy degree of scepticism and for me that means they need to show me actual game play footage before I believe anything they say.

You can try this approach yourself.

Place an opened milk bottle in the fridge so it falls off when the door is opened. Close the door, wait for your gf/spouse/wife to open it and watch the drama to unfold.

Do it again the next day and the day after that. Eventually your gf/spouse/wife will learn that if she opens the fridge casually she's going to get the milk bottle fall over on her and open the door more carefully.

I've opened this fridge enough times to learn to be cautious.

There is rather a large difference between being cautious and just slagging off systems when you have no idea as to how they will turn out.

I loved DF for all it's flaws and I am stoked about Unholy Wars, but until it is there in front of me and holds up to actual play time then I will approach it with caution.