Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thats right, cry about MMORPG's... I love how it taste... Slurp...

HolySaint333HolySaint333 Member UncommonPosts: 24

All I see recently is a bunch of people complaining about this and that. It makes me think 1 of 2 things since it is not true about the state of MMORPG's, which IS at its best and will continue to get better.

1. Born with a silver spoon and are extremely to greedy for their own good... Can't be helped that you have always gotten everything you want and now you can't be satisfied.

2. God honest truth... Some people want the world to end. Yep, thats right. As crazy as it sounds, I get the feeling some of these post lead me to believe that some want the world to end Dec 21, 2012 because they always want more. Looking forward to the afterlife a little to much eh? Not good...

I for one want this world to continue to strive forever. The Y2K scare first and now this. Nothing is going to happen so be happy with what you have in life.

You can call me crazy all you want for the two reasons. That is how I feel from the pit of my stomach. Just look at the state of facebook with some people. They post nothing but things bashing other religions until you de-friend them because it is just to much. The post on here are starting to remind me of those some exact ones. A ton of giving up hope in the future.

Oh, I almost forgot... This is my opinion.

:D

If you ask my opinion I'd have to wait for my turn! :)

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by HolySaint333

All I see recently is a bunch of people complaining about this and that. It makes me think 1 of 2 things since it is not true about the state of MMORPG's, which IS at its best and will continue to get better.

1. Born with a silver spoon and are extremely to greedy for their own good... Can't be helped that you have always gotten everything you want and now you can't be satisfied.

2. God honest truth... Some people want the world to end. Yep, thats right. As crazy as it sounds, I get the feeling some of these post lead me to believe that some want the world to end Dec 21, 2012 because they always want more. Looking forward to the afterlife a little to much eh? Not good...

I for one want this world to continue to strive forever. The Y2K scare first and now this. Nothing is going to happen so be happy with what you have in life.

You can call me crazy all you want for the two reasons. That is how I feel from the pit of my stomach. Just look at the state of facebook with some people. They post nothing but things bashing other religions until you de-friend them because it is just to much. The post on here are starting to remind me of those some exact ones. A ton of giving up hope in the future.

=D

You good Sir, are on the wrong forum for this discussion... But you make many valid points. Please go to David Ickes Official Forum and have fun... (great place to troll)

EDIT: here http://www.davidicke.com/forum/ - You can thank me later for the lulz. look forward to seeing your post(s) show up there.

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400
    You lost me at "All I see..",  then it was just jibba-jabba, Mr. T will sort it out.
    Originally posted by Talgen
    You lost me at "All I see..",  then it was just jibba-jabba, Mr. T will sort it out.

His post contains a depth and maturity which ONLY Mr. T can fully comprehend...

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400
  • ByntBynt Member Posts: 35

@OP: I think the over the top negativity stems from the downward spiral of anonymity that things like MMO's bring.  People can't lash out in there life when they are frustrated without consequences so they go to a place where they can lash out with no consequences.  Its easy to hate things, it's hard to like something knowing you make an easy target out of yourself. 

Sort of like driving your car in traffic.  Everyday someone gets cut off, so they get pissed off and cut off three more people, each of those three people cut off three more.  Thus road rage is born and people keep raising the bar on how rude they can be to each other.  The downward spiral of hate, its like a virus that spreads.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    nm misread date:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Okay first with your title, the "slurp" is just ick. Second is you are right though probably talking to the wrong people. Although the easy reach games may have been made for the want of the gamers most people on this sight probably feel like you do:

"You wanted everything so easy and now that you have it you think it sucks"

Again, I'm sure it fits a lot of people but a lot here already agree with you but are complaining because there is nothing better to play.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Or! Here's an idea. 

We're used to when MMOs were good, and we want those times to return. We have higher standards. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

...............uhhhh.................

ok

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

As far as complaints against the genre go, theres plenty of options for everybody. Even the hardcore vets who want to return to the glory days of Ultima Online can still actually play....Ultima Online. Same goes for Asherons Call.

Not only that but If the said vets aren't playing anything right now, I'm sure they are an intellectual bunch. They could pool some ideas and talent together and work on their own project. Its bound to be better than thinking back to the good old days. Move forward, press on, crack on etc.

Isn't there a phrase along the lines of "If you can't find a job, create one"?

same could go for gaming, "If you can't find an MMO, make one"?

Food for thought.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Don't know what you said, only wanted to stop by and point out that the only tears one is entitled to drink are those which one causes.
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    Don't know what you said, only wanted to stop by and point out that the only tears one is entitled to drink are those which one causes.

-Poetry...Pure poetry.

/bow

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Agree with you on most points.

Sad state of the world we live in.  Me I go happy go lucky knowing I have found the ultimate MMO that suits my needs (for the time being) and every day I log into GW2 I know I will have an adventure.  Its sad that there are so many on these forums bashing something and someone for their own perogatives.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

I am a number 2, every night before I go  to bed I pray I awake to a zombie apocolypse.... true story...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Public Service Notice:

Advances in neuro-pharmacology have resulted in increased effectiveness in medications to address impulsive behaviors. For more information, consult a doctor specializing in treating poor impulse control.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Or! Here's an idea. 

We're used to when MMOs were good, and we want those times to return. We have higher standards. 

Or heres an idea?

Rose colored Glasses!

You know everytime someone brings up a game from the past that they want a new came to emulate I shudder to think how god awful a clone of Ultima, Everquest and even my beloved Asherons Call would be.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

1) thats funny,todays MMO's are nothing but silver spoons ready to shovel in the goods with little effort needed.

2) I dont believe in the afterlife...I believe that when you die,its like turning off a television....*click*

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Please get back on topic, we where talking about Mr T.(damn thread derailers)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Or! Here's an idea.  We're used to when MMOs were good, and we want those times to return. We have higher standards. 

Or heres an idea?

Rose colored Glasses!

You know everytime someone brings up a game from the past that they want a new came to emulate I shudder to think how god awful a clone of Ultima, Everquest and even my beloved Asherons Call would be.

A clone of those games would be pretty awful, but an actual evolution of those early designs could be great.

Rose colored glasses are pretty much a myth.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I pity the fool who go on forums and complain! You need to be happy. You need to shut up and take what they give you sucka!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

Q. Can anyone tell me what MR T's predictions for the future of MMO's is?

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818

Mr T ponders the future of MMO’s:

Dailies?! I pity you fool! You a disgrace to the end level race! It's time to level like a real man! Take that daily! Do it again sucker, or there's going to be trouble! With a capital Mr.T! Smedley, get some nuts!

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Man you are crazy.

This discussion has been closed.