Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you return to SW:TOR?

13»

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I plan to return. I know I said in the other thread that it's the worst f2p system, pushing AoC back to 2nd, and that's exactly why I'll check back :) I wanna see how many players EA manages to bring in (I think they wil make a huge ad campaign to the f2p launch), and I'm even more curious, how many of them will the game keep.

When do you fill the first (and only) bar, around lvl15? (I don't remember, it was months ago when I last played.) I'd love to hear the reactions in-game when players will reach that point :)

• MagaskaweelMagaskaweel Member UncommonPosts: 35
    I just checked http://www.swtor.com/free/features and there is nothing there about restricting hotbars. Am I missing something, or did they removed that restriction?
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Originally posted by Magaskaweel
    I just checked http://www.swtor.com/free/features and there is nothing there about restricting hotbars. Am I missing something, or did they removed that restriction?

As I understand it, they either enabled a second hotbar for the ftp accounts, or got rid of the restriction alltogether, mostly due to complaints.  

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Def returning, might resub this week to make sure I have the chars I want ready to go. Still don't know why people hate on this game the way they do.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Do not need to "return" to my best game ever. Except with wow have not enjoyed any game so much then swtor. Everything nearly perfect. Played very long. Now I'm in detour to play MOP, will Rift, have already GW2, .... but sure SWTOR is 1st on my priority list. And only game so far I continue to be subbed as expression of support even if not playing actively.
  • VoreDockVoreDock Member UncommonPosts: 128
    SWTOR is not SWG stop saying it is it's not  SWTOR is  KOTOR 3  with tuns  more story then it would have had if it had come out on the xbox 360 as for Bioware thay are lisoning to feedback   but dont know waht to do because  all you people keep asking for SWG back This game will never be SWG  and its not ment to be this game is more like Mass Effect but the real evil in all of this is EA not leting  Bioware do waht thay want  that is what happon with Mass Efect 3 and why the Dev's left because of EA's greed .
  • Hekke29Hekke29 Member UncommonPosts: 102

i loved the game for a long time, played since beta till june... but at some point i had all chars maxed, seen and did it all... and most of friends left...

in meanwhile they didnt add enough content, none of my friends returned, ftp is a joke... so while i really liked it, ill wait like a year longer before ill resub for a month to clear the whole new content on all chars ;)

BW had great chance, started really good, but the final product is far from what it could've been, and it looks like it wont last :(

so no, as mutch as i was hoping for ftp to save the game, in the model they offer i dont see it, so i wont waste my time.

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.” Dr.Seuss

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Magaskaweel

Free players, who have never purchased anything from the cash shop or held a sub, are limited to one quickbar.

Premium players get a second quickbar, plus a few other things like sprint at level 1.  To become a premium player, you just have to purchase anything from the cash shop, or sub for at least one month, and you're flagged premium forever.

Subscribed players have no real restrictions.

You make me like charity

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by VoreDock
    SWTOR is not SWG stop saying it is it's not  SWTOR is  KOTOR 3  with tuns  more story then it would have had if it had come out on the xbox 360 as for Bioware thay are lisoning to feedback   but dont know waht to do because  all you people keep asking for SWG back This game will never be SWG  and its not ment to be this game is more like Mass Effect but the real evil in all of this is EA not leting  Bioware do waht thay want  that is what happon with Mass Efect 3 and why the Dev's left because of EA's greed .

Who the hell is saying this? SWTOR is a gross dwarf jumping on the grave of SWG. Someone would have to be truly ignorant to make that comparison and judge the lifeless, simple SWTOR to be like SWG.  

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by ragz45

With the current FTP model, will you be making a return to the game once FTP releases?  (or try the game if you never played before)

• If you will be returning, what will you be doing while playing?  Raiding, Storyline, PvP?
    • If you will not be returning, what about the game is turning you away?

Nope, I know storyline and it's meh... (nice cinematic experience but story is boring, no branching or anything - just poor stuff) Like everything else in this game. I have too much of a blast playing GW2 (nice MMO) and recently Planetside 2 (this is what you call MMOFPS :-) )

There is no single reason for playing TOR again.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

People keep bringing SWG up because it was great game. SWG pre cu was the best ofc but I'd even take the NGE over SWTOR tbh....and I really didn't like the NGE at all.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

People keep bringing SWG up because it was great game. SWG pre cu was the best ofc but I'd even take the NGE over SWTOR tbh....and I really didn't like the NGE at all.

I never thought I'd miss the NGE either.

So I guess using history as a lesson, I'll return to SWTOR when someone comes out with an even worse Star Wars MMO.

• JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41

No I wont be going back..

If i wanted to get nickeled and dimed to death by a souless, money grubbing, delusional, lying, useless piece of crap.. Well I would rather just get a hooker for a weekend..

Or... If i was willing to pay a sub and still get nickeled and dimed to death by a souless, money grubbing, delusional, lying piece of crap... well i would just get married or something.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

Yep, I'm going back, still haven't done a few of the stories and watching golems bang on a gate while everyone spams aoe spells and pretends it's amazing wvwvwvwvwvwvwvw pvp is getting old.

Er I mean, I hate EA and wow clones and paying for stuff and derp

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    F2P has stopped me from ever touching this game again.
  • TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by JobeArthur

No I wont be going back..

If i wanted to get nickeled and dimed to death by a souless, money grubbing, delusional, lying, useless piece of crap.. Well I would rather just get a hooker for a weekend..

Or... If i was willing to pay a sub and still get nickeled and dimed to death by a souless, money grubbing, delusional, lying piece of crap... well i would just get married or something.

In other words you have no spare change.  /giggle.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

Yep, I'm going back, still haven't done a few of the stories and watching golems bang on a gate while everyone spams aoe spells and pretends it's amazing wvwvwvwvwvwvwvw pvp is getting old.

Er I mean, I hate EA and wow clones and paying for stuff and derp

Gewd stuff.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.