Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

World of Dailygrind

PieRadPieRad Odense MPosts: 1,108Member

If you want to get anywhere in MoP you absolutely have to do dailies, everything is now tied into rep, rep gained by doing 50+ dailies, yes, every day.

See, I'm one of them "fools" who like to power through a game, do what I have to do to get to the top, fast, if that means finding spots where mobs spawn fast and kill them over and over for 8 hours straight, I'll do it.

 

What bothers me is when they limit me, they stop me from progressing by putting in a weekly cap, for what? So other people have a chance to keep up? come on man, are we really that butthurt, that we can't let others' have pixels before us?

The cap is there for 2 reasons, I understand, it's there to keep you in game for longer, and it's there to give everyone a chance to keep up, it keeps the elitism down, so that casuals don't feel alienated.. And I get it, casuals = money.

 

The thing is, casuals always tells me, "You're stupid for powering through a game, you'll end up with nothing to do, complain, and then leave", yet, here I am, with plenty still to do (dailies), complaining, and unsubbed.

 

Here's the reason... when I play a game, I play it the way I want to, the way that makes me have the most fun, and that is, -pedal to the medal, I don't want everything served on a silver platter, but I want the opportunity to get passed obstacles by powering through them, no matter what they are, putting restrictions and limitations on me, just makes me quit the game faster.

 

But only got myself to blame, remembered the days of raiding in TBC, and that brought me back, I should've known better.

 

 

 

 

image

Comments

  • AdamTMAdamTM Frankfurt Am MainPosts: 1,376Member
    Originally posted by PieRad

    If you want to get anywhere in MoP you absolutely have to do dailies, everything is now tied into rep, rep gained by doing 50+ dailies, yes, every day.

    See, I'm one of them "fools" who like to power through a game, do what I have to do to get to the top, fast, if that means finding spots where mobs spawn fast and kill them over and over for 8 hours straight, I'll do it.

     

    What bothers me is when they limit me, they stop me from progressing by putting in a weekly cap, for what? So other people have a chance to keep up? come on man, are we really that butthurt, that we can't let others' have pixels before us?

    The cap is there for 2 reasons, I understand, it's there to keep you in game for longer, and it's there to give everyone a chance to keep up, it keeps the elitism down, so that casuals don't feel alienated.. And I get it, casuals = money.

     

    The thing is, casuals always tells me, "You're stupid for powering through a game, you'll end up with nothing to do, complain, and then leave", yet, here I am, with plenty still to do (dailies), complaining, and unsubbed.

     

    Here's the reason... when I play a game, I play it the way I want to, the way that makes me have the most fun, and that is, -pedal to the medal, I don't want everything served on a silver platter, but I want the opportunity to get passed obstacles by powering through them, no matter what they are, putting restrictions and limitations on me, just makes me quit the game faster.

     

    But only got myself to blame, remembered the days of raiding in TBC, and that brought me back, I should've known better.

      

    Reality check. WoW was never about playing the game "your way" it was jumping through hoops to get to the next hoop.

    They just made the hoop-jumping more streamlined.

    image
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne LondonPosts: 1,420Member

    It's a good thing - it might stop you from playing too much MoP (by incorporating a 'law of diminishing returns').

     

    If you play computer games like an addicted junkie, at some stage your gaming will come to a crashing halt (for various reasons) and you will stop paying Blizzard the monthly sub.

     

     

  • silverreignsilverreign Whitehouse, TXPosts: 401Member Uncommon

    it is what it is

    image

  • nsignificnsignific ljPosts: 212Member

    When do you have to start  doing dailies?

     

    I'm doing LFR right now and haven't done a single daily yet. When does that kick in? I just don't see it happening for me.

     

    I guess you need it to spend valor points? But when will I actually ever need that valor gear? Or am I missing something.

  • PieRadPieRad Odense MPosts: 1,108Member
    Originally posted by nsignific

    When do you have to start  doing dailies?

     

    I'm doing LFR right now and haven't done a single daily yet. When does that kick in? I just don't see it happening for me.

    Well ye, you can skip them, get your valor from heroic runs, I'm down with that, I would definitly do that if I could still buy the gear without the rep, but you can't, so if you off dailies, you off valor, it's useless to you..

    And then there's crafting, I'm not entirely sure about this since I didn't stick around for the daily circus, but I believe some of the high end crafting recipes needs rep as well.

    Then there's WoW's own little farmville, you need to do every day for Harmonies.

     

    You might get by with heroic and LFR gear when you start normal raids, but when the gates to HC open, you'll be left behind.

    image

  • ShadoedShadoed BirminghamPosts: 1,499Member Uncommon

    You played, it didn't suit you and you moved on, good for you.

    I personally am enjoying the dailies, scratching around for the little bits of hidden lore etc, on the other hand my eldest son is enjoying the raids, both open world and moving through the other content with his guild and there is still masses of stuff to do for us. With the advent of 5.1 we should hopefully be seeing the return of real open world PvP  depending on how well it is implemented which does have a little nostalgic interest for me being a child of the old Vanilla crossroads raids etc.

    I think that others have pointed out that there is more than one way to skin a cat in this game, but at the end of the day, if it is doing it for you then you are right to drop it and find something that does hold your interest.

    It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

  • nsignificnsignific ljPosts: 212Member
    Originally posted by PieRad

    You might get by with heroic and LFR gear when you start normal raids, but when the gates to HC open, you'll be left behind.

    I'm pretty sure I won't ever need to do dailies.

    I skipped heroic, got my honor gear in a single AV weekend (haven't geeked so much in years) and went straight to LFR. Wasn't top DPS, but middle of the bunch is good enough for the time I spent.

    Never cared for crafting, I have mining/herb on all my chars and never had to really farm anything for gold, ever.

    Don't honestly care that much about HC raiding either.

    The one thing I really, really like about dailies is that it brings people out so I can kill them. That's what my focus has been in WoW since... Tarren Mill vs. Southshore. Everything else is just filler (that I sometimes enjoy).

  • PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,924Member Uncommon
    ...Grind gives you something to do, otherwise you quit. That being said its nothing new with WoW at all, and every game basically has this. Hell, GW2 the "we want to be different" has their own version of Daily Quests (daily achievements) so your virutally going to see this anywhere you go. 
  • MdpatsMdpats Peekskill, NYPosts: 176Member
    Doesn't seem as if this game is for you.  Take care now.
  • nsignificnsignific ljPosts: 212Member

    I don't understand these replies, when it's clear that the OP is just wrong.

    You don't "absolutely have" to do dailies to do anything. It just makes things go faster / easier if you don't mind the extra grind.

    It's not a brick wall you hit which has no way around.

  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Richmond, VAPosts: 1,538Member Common
    Originally posted by PieRad

     

    See, I'm one of them "fools" who like to power through a game, do what I have to do to get to the top, fast, 

     

     

    so then why do you even care about dailies?

    Dailies are for non raiders or those who want mounts and tabards.  

  • ShadoedShadoed BirminghamPosts: 1,499Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by nsignific

    I don't understand these replies, when it's clear that the OP is just wrong.

    You don't "absolutely have" to do dailies to do anything. It just makes things go faster / easier if you don't mind the extra grind.

    It's not a brick wall you hit which has no way around.

    If you read it through, the dailies are a bit of a red herring as i think the bigger gripe was about the fact that he cannot just log in, run hrough whatever takes his fancy and stack up all the points he needs to buy a full set of gear in a single day, couple of day or whatever time frame he is working to.

    Again, he made the right move by leaving if it doesn't suite his play style, not much more i can add to that.

    It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Sign In or Register to comment.