Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game's receiving great previews..

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    Looks like this could be THE mmorpg everyone is waiting for

Are you new here? People have said virtually the exact same thing about every big budget MMO since 2005. 

Previews mean nothing. Websites like this will ALWAYS gush about big budget MMOs no matter how bad they are because they depend on money from those companies to keep the website up. 

SWTOR was "revolutionary" and got 9s straight across the board on this site (they even fired the one guy who gave it a 6). 

And considering this game has phasing, there's very little to be excited about. 

Originally posted by SlyLoK

Sounds pretty good to me so far.. I was looking forward to the game anyway though. 

Some will bash anything if it doesnt comform to what their ideals are and its shameful.

Nothing wrong with bashing a game that was lined up to be ANOTHER soulless WoW clone. 

Now it seems Zenimax is scrambling to turn this into a GW2 clone. 

I wish it would just be its own fucking game instead of just copying other MMOs. 

• RickRossTheBossRickRossTheBoss Member Posts: 7

I hope they figure out a good open world PvP and loot system, for PvP servers.  

Game sounds awesome.

When I first heard they were going to make a TES MMO I was psyched.

Saw the first screens and read they were cloning the WoW combat system without using the TES one and was disappointed.

Very happy to learn they bringing it back.  

Could be better than DF if they do it right.

Also they should get PVP right- fast, furious, skill based, and doesn't take forever.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Since Todd Howard is on board now, I should think the game will get better.

Anyway need to see a video gameplay instead of a written preview from someone that could be a shitty player in games.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Don't fall for it  all these sites are paid for advertisment

• RickRossTheBossRickRossTheBoss Member Posts: 7

Right, so they must be making up everything they said.

It's a WoW Clone.  Should have known.

At least the ! will guide me to the next quest and I can sign up for PvP to PvP in peace.

(As much as I like PvP , I'm not sure this game would Need it - will wait and see what they do.  There will always be games for PvP, if they want to focus on a Challenging co-op experience, that's fine with me, but they'd need to figure out how to make it exciting and how to make a non-pvp-centric / ridiculous PvE grind endgame)

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

Sounds pretty good to me so far.. I was looking forward to the game anyway though. 

Some will bash anything if it doesnt comform to what their ideals are and its shameful.

Nothing wrong with bashing a game that was lined up to be ANOTHER soulless WoW clone. 

Now it seems Zenimax is scrambling to turn this into a GW2 clone. 

I wish it would just be its own fucking game instead of just copying other MMOs. 

There are dedicated healers, you level through quests, you have endgame gear progression, you have raiding, you have faction PvP and you are on a megaserver.

GW2 don't have a healer trinity, you level through dynamic events, you have horizontal gear progression, there is no raiding, servers fight against one another, and everyone are on their own servers.

With a different group composition, levelling, gear progression, PvE-endgame, PvP-endgame and server-style its not a gw2 clone.

Originally posted by xmenty

Since Todd Howard is on board now, I should think the game will get better.

how do you figure? He's the guy responsible for how lame the ES series has become over the years. Oblivion was a train wreck, Skyrim was a little better. I'd get excited if they hired the Morrowind writer. 

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

You look like an easy fish.

Dont fall for the hype till you actually play it.

Otherwise you will be dissapointed more than you expected

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Lets refrain from saying such things, that just builds a stupid hype train that no game needs.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Let's internet

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    lot of hype for a pre alpha game.  yeah it sounds good but the game is going to need a good endgame that isnt just running the same dungeon over and over.
  • AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

Honestly i am sick and tired of  people praising unreleased games as "THE mmorpg everyone is waiting for"

They never, ever deliver.

So i will be ignoring any of the  future hype and find my fix in one of the existing games that DO provide the mmorpg experience i want.

Hello Rift. 

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Quite a bit of hype for this game already but it is being tempered by alot of negativity from the May announcement still,

I am looking forward to this game and I think it could be great for what its trying to do.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Could be good, looking well done, but we still need alot of information, most importantly a Gameplay footage video. I'm not a fan of the elder scroll series myself, but I am watching this game to see if they can make something successful for people other then just their diehard fans.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• ArnoagnsArnoagns Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Yeah... totally not like it has happened before with lets see...

Age Of Conan

FF14

Tera (love the combat but otherwise meh)

SWTOR (which even got Goty... being out only few days, almost like they paid for one... *looks accusingly at MMOrpg*)

Aion (Which to be fair, its doing amazing overseas, just not as good in the west)

Guild Wars 2 

Vanguard

DC Universe

Rift (though I really do enjoy this game, still a lot lower in population)

I mean we can go on and on if you want. Preview =/= release results. Any reviewer is typically going to put a posative spin on anything they see, after all they want to be invited to try stuff out more and they want that little revenue for advertising that game. 

Thats because they arent really "reviewers" or "game journalists". Though they make you think they are.

They are really just an Advertisment Spokesperson.

These Official "Previews" and "Reviews" are nothing but commercials trying to get you to buy the game.

Really?

How would anyone have a successful and widereached gaming site without playing the PR game atleast a little? Just because they put 3 hours of gameplay in the favor doesn't mean they aren't journalists. Even if it is fluff, if they trash the game there goes their chances of playing it again.

A journalist doesn't instantly hate something he/she knows nothing about, that is subject to change. The idea is to get people interested into something that might be fun. You wouldn't make it very far if you tried running your own review site, with that amount of bias.

To the subject: The game is iffy to me, naturally. I like the features described so far and I will watch any new material coming out on the game.  As for "Is it the game we're waiting for?", I refuse to think that way anymore. DF, WAR, EQ2, Vanguard, AOC, and the rest were disappointments across the board. I've learned to not expect any sole game to be the end all be all.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

What gives you that impression considering that we haven't had a chance to fully play the game?

Talk is cheap. Looks can be  decieving.  Lets wait until its released and we play it for a good 2 months before we make that assumption.  

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Gamers are incapable of loving games anymore, especially MMO players.

Rather than find something they like, they hope that everything fails. Even when the purchase a game, they do not play to have fun...they play to find flaws so that they can spend hours on forums discussing the flaws.

We don't deserve any new MMOs, imo.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

Morrowind, oblivion and skyrim have already been great mmos, just without any other people.... Guessing it will be alright. Competition for Elder online and EQnext should make both games better.

Hopefully they do them right. I'm a bit put off on my last couple of SoE games, but I'm always hopeful for another Everquest experiance.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

I really don't see why so much press hate for great TESO previews.

Zeminax obviously invited journalists to show them the good parts of the game, as a part of their marketing strategy.  Did you expect Zenimax to show unfinished zones, half done UI, 3 minute loading screens and PVP slideshow?

The bad parts, of course will come out later. Whether it is in beta or 1 month after the launch, it's irrelevant, but is expected. All we can hope is that the good parts will outshine the bad ones.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

its rather obvious that the people who "tested" the game signed an NDA, which allows the devs to "remove" or "edit" certain parts of the articles. Here's the result, a biased opinion.

Its downright impossible no one has anything bad to say about an Pre-alpha version of the game.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

not sure if it's been said, but 10/10 trolling everyone here.

As for the link to swtor's list of e3 awards, what else was there in 11?  Just because something is not as bad as the rest, doesn't make it good. 

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

There are few games on my radar. This is one of them. I don't buy into hype. For me it's mostly gonna come down to how they design the RvR system. 3 realm RvR and Matt Firor is a good start, we'll see how it turns out.

But I'm not ready to anoint TESO the second coming of DAOC just yet  image

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Where have I heard that before?

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Sounds like SWTOR all over again.

How the fk can TESO ALPHA stage be so good without any problems?

Even GW2 BWE has problems.

There are not much integrity in writing / talking about it videos journalism for gaming.

Best journalism is gameplay videos. 

The future review or preview would be "Show me your gameplay or STFU". 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)