Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Alpha Review

Comments

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    interesting, perhaps hope has not forsaken those lands after all.
  • blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

I'm still up in the air about this game, and it's nice to have some more into trickle in. The questing sounds pretty meh, but the PvP sounds solid. However, it's usually the PvE in a game that keeps me, as structured PvP tends to get boring more quickly. I've never been a raider, so that doesn't really interest me. I'm still waiting to hear what they are going to do for crafting, if anything. Hopefully they don't just dump out a nother system like WoW or GW2.

Overall, I'm sure I'll give it a fair shot, but the PvE structure sounds like pretty standard MMO affair.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Nice to see thinkgs looking up vs opions a couple months back.

What I'd love to hear more about is how crafting and economy works. One thing I didn't like hearing was the quest systems but at least sounds as if they want to preserve the single or small group option and story so will wait and see if they do it well (No longer a Wow fan but their phasing offered unique and decent gameplay at times) or crap (questing in Rift).

You stay sassy!

• lowendahllowendahl Member Posts: 102

The hype train arrives... Sounds more like marketing than an actual review. With that sort of enthusiasm his information must be understood to be the result of rose-coloured glasses. And more information beyond combat mechanics would be great...

The most interesting thing was their intention of matching up players who are likely to get along :) One very overdue feature in MMOs. I'm sure it will be exploitable and faulty, but at least it's an attempt to leverage one of the strongest aspects of multiplayer gaming. Props for that...

It may not be an actual Elder Scrolls game, but perhaps it will be a half-decent multiplayer and PvP game...

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The mega server kills any hope of it been a good pvp game.

Originally posted by lowendahl The hype train arrives... Sounds more like marketing than an actual review. With that sort of enthusiasm his information must be understood to be the result of rose-coloured glasses. And more information beyond combat mechanics would be great...   The most interesting thing was their intention of matching up players who are likely to get along :) One very overdue feature in MMOs. I'm sure it will be exploitable and faulty, but at least it's an attempt to leverage one of the strongest aspects of multiplayer gaming. Props for that...   It may not be an actual Elder Scrolls game, but perhaps it will be a half-decent multiplayer and PvP game...

I'm not sure it's officially arrived, but I can hear the whistle blowing in the distance. To be honest, I wasn't sure if the hype would ever come after witnessing its initial response. I guess people just like getting hyped, and I think it's fine to get excited about an upcoming project as long as it doesn't get out of hand (which it usually does). I know I'm not gonna go either way with this game until I learn more. To be honest, there are a few indie games on the horizon that I'm most looking forward to.

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    I was 70/30 againist now I moved to 50/50 to be fair to TESO, while theres a lot of good news anything can still happen in Alpha. I remember reading somewhere a while back when Lotro was in Alpha it was sandboxing awesome sauce and by Beta it shifted to Themeparker so I'm going to wait untill Beta & launch before I right praise or condemn.
  • AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by lowendahl

The hype train arrives... Sounds more like marketing than an actual review. With that sort of enthusiasm his information must be understood to be the result of rose-coloured glasses. And more information beyond combat mechanics would be great...

The most interesting thing was their intention of matching up players who are likely to get along :) One very overdue feature in MMOs. I'm sure it will be exploitable and faulty, but at least it's an attempt to leverage one of the strongest aspects of multiplayer gaming. Props for that...

It may not be an actual Elder Scrolls game, but perhaps it will be a half-decent multiplayer and PvP game...

You mean there is another mmorpg thats purely trying to sell on the IP alone?

What a TWEEEEEEEEST!!!

Originally posted by AdamTM

Originally posted by lowendahl The hype train arrives... Sounds more like marketing than an actual review. With that sort of enthusiasm his information must be understood to be the result of rose-coloured glasses. And more information beyond combat mechanics would be great...   The most interesting thing was their intention of matching up players who are likely to get along :) One very overdue feature in MMOs. I'm sure it will be exploitable and faulty, but at least it's an attempt to leverage one of the strongest aspects of multiplayer gaming. Props for that...   It may not be an actual Elder Scrolls game, but perhaps it will be a half-decent multiplayer and PvP game...
    You mean there is another mmorpg thats purely trying to sell on the IP alone?   What a TWEEEEEEEEST!!!

No way! this one will be different and the BEST. THING. EVER! It's nothing like Lord of the Rings, Conan, Star Wars, DC Universe, Warcraft, Ultima, Final Fantasy, Warhammer, Star Trek, Dungeons and Dragons.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I enjoy the hype, because I know it doesn't blind me, when the game finally launches. ;)

A bit irrational hope is never wrong. Sounds all interesting and good so far.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    The mega server kills any hope of it been a good pvp game.

For you maybe.. And I seriously doubt it works the way you assume its going to work so calm down already. They have only mentioned a few things about it. It wont stop you from playing with friends or keep you from any content.. Its there so later on they wont have to throw together a cross server dungeon finder / cross server pvp..ect.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

The single megashard thing is interesting. The questionare feature though, has me in a bit of a quandry, because if you wind up getting stuck with only like minded people the whole experience could become stale. Although, it may not be as black and white as the youtuber makes it sound....pre-alpha and all.

Still need to hear info on crafting and economy. Want to know more about guilds, werewolves and vampires. I went from no interesting to being pretty interested.