Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dynamic events - what about dynamic monsters now?

AtlanNorAtlanNor Member UncommonPosts: 38
This is probably a general MMO question.  Could there be dynamic monsters that learn, grow, or evolve somehow over time in the game.  What about bosses that the system keeps up with the types and amounts of damage that is used to bring the bosses down and each month adjusts it's resistances and tactics based on how the overall community takes them down each time.  Stupid idea?  Something to think about?  Just an old man thinking out loud.

Comments

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    You mean like monsters with a wide variety of abilities and an AI that takes into consideration things such as professions/classes, positioning, and who is the most dangerous?
  • NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    A really smart monster would figure out it is in an area full of blood-thirsty madmen who will hack it to bits for a few lousy xp, and go hide under a rock.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    this sounds pretty cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI&t=5m33s

Does sound pretty sweet - but chances that it makes it past all the whining in beta about it being too hard?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    this sounds pretty cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI&t=5m33s

Does sound pretty sweet - but chances that it makes it past all the whining in beta about it being too hard?

heh true.. we will see:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg