Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "why you play what you currently play" thread

• xaritscinxaritscin CaliPosts: 349Member

-EVE Online: first Sandbox game i play, love every part of it, the danger, the massive universe, the spaceships (i want everyone of them, especially the mining vessels). the combat is nice too, i even lived in null sec with my corp mates (our asses got kicked by  other alliance e.e). the only issue i have with it is the subscription (i dont have a job, and dont live in US, the sub is relatively expensive in my country's currrency. and PLEX prices are morbidly high right now).

-Shores of Hazeron: another sandbox game, not a graphics jewel but a gameplay jewel instead, got hooked with every aspect of it (even being in Alpha Stage). hope i'll see this game get better and better with the years. for those who dont know it see about it here:

features both FPS, RTS and Space Sim mechanics, it has an Spaceship Designer and even a DNA system (like SPORE but advanced). also features a procedurally generated galaxy with thousands of systems.

• BanquettoBanquetto CityPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon
    D3 because it's the most excellent action of any ARPG ever.

GW2 because when the numbers are just right in WvW, it feels more like a real medieval siege than anything I've ever played.
  • jayartejayarte LancasterPosts: 450Member

Been playing GW2 because there's no subscription and I like that it's easy to play "casually" in that you can jump in for a short time for a bit of pve/crafting/pvp/exploration, whatever you fancy.   Currently taking a break for a while as I'm feeling a bit jaded game-wise generally.  

Plan to try Mists of Pandaria next, and then back to GW2.

• LoLifeLoLife LA, CAPosts: 174Member

Skyrim: 218 hours in and I still haven't completed the main, thieves guild and Mage's quest lines or Dawnguard I nigh time I finished Skyrim or until XCOM: enemy unknown arrives

Torchlight 2: At work on the night duties Lanning it with friends & because we love TL2 "D3 doesn't have Lan" 

GW2 on downtime my current MMO of choice.

Looking at FTL:Faster than Light, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare & Borderlands 2 after I'm done with XCOM. FTL and Boardlands 2 got on to play list thanks to the Anrgy Joe Show & Chivalry due to a thread in the TESO forums plus I'm hearing nice things about it & games looks decent for a Kickstarter.

• LemacsLemacs Houston, TXPosts: 121Member Common

GW2 - No Sub

• AzzatakyAzzataky PraguePosts: 208Member Uncommon

Guild Wars 2. And Why is that?

Liked GW 1 and EvE online takes too much time. :) I like the game, professions, PvP, WvW, dungeons, even crafting. I just like everything about it, except thiefs ofc., at least good ones - cause I play light armor class. :) But honestly I hope for some new MMO which could be a mix between GW 1, Ragnarok online, Lineage 2 and Age of Conan. :D

Oh, btw, I don't like one thing on GW 2, story in dungeons and a bit community (mostly "hardcore" farmers), most ppl go it only once and then you have to find "special" ppl who would go it with you. Also skipping vids in dungeons even if you want to see it (cause they want it to be as fast as possible), crying if you die in dungeon etc. People are just used to easy games. Wussies! But people like that are everywhere. So.. no harm, rly. I also met a lot of people who remember what is fun and don't care about farm that much.

Hey, NCsoft, how about Lineage 3? And without bots? Damned. :D

Played: Lineage 2,Guild Wars 1 and 2, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, EvE online
    Tried: KAL Online, Face of Mankind, ROSE online
    Playing: CS:GO