Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New information compilation

Left click is your "basic attack."

Hold right click to block.

Left click while blocking to interrupt.

Action reticule combat is in, but you can use hard traditional tab targeting.

Everyone can sneak, however it drains stamina.

No skills have cooldowns.

Getting hit in combat can stagger you.

Ultimate finess (the new resource) costs vary between different ultimates.

Weapon skills are the core abilities, and class skills are suplimental.

Some skills cost stamina instead of magicka.

Potions have cooldowns.

Class names are Sorcerer, Dragonknight, Templar, and Warden with more to come.

Dragonknight is your typical Warrior

Templar is your typical Paladin

Spell types are restricted to certain classes

5 primary attributes Health, Stamina, Magicka, Armor, Power

large number of secondary attributes (magicka resist, crit, ect...)

Characters must have a first and last name.

There is only a single "megaserver".

There are oblivion portals within the game

Dungeons are plentyful.

World phasing is present.

You can assign stat points when you level! (yay!)

Templar skills include Sunstrike(melee nuke), Sun Fire(ranged nuke), Rushed Ceremony(AoE heal), Reckless Attacks(Dmg based on stamina pool), and Focused Charge(ultimate, AoE cleave).

Party size is 4 players.

23 different PvP Ranks.

"Alliance points" are the PvP "experience/currency"

You won't be in the same cyrodill as everyone else. You will be part of a "campaign"  either as an individual or as a guild.

Keep upgrades happen automatically in PvP, although you can assign guard types/locations manually.

Guilds can own keeps

Guilds recieve notification when their owned keep is under attack including number of attackers.

Will be updating as I find more.

Comments

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by MercArcher

Everyone can sneak, however it drains stamina.

Potions have cooldowns.

Dungeons are plentyful.

Templar skills include Sunstrike(melee nuke), Sun Fire(ranged nuke), Rushed Ceremony(AoE heal), Reckless Attacks(Dmg based on stamina pool), and Focused Charge(ultimate, AoE cleave).

Sounding much better.

Not quite TES yet, but close.  They are getting there.  Now for some hit detection and aiming, unlock those classes and factions, and we'll be good.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530
    well thats all in good but I hate how its zoned with loading screens like AOC I miss seemless worlds. atleast SWTOR gave the illusion through itts spaceflight.
  • himodshimods Member Posts: 54
    "Action reticule combat is in, but you can use hard traditional tab targeting."
    Lol, fail.
    "Single megaserver"
    "You won't be in the same cyrodill as everyone else. You will be part of a "campaign" either as an individual or as a guild."
    WTF? Is this even a MMO??
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by pmaura
    well thats all in good but I hate how its zoned with loading screens like AOC I miss seemless worlds. atleast SWTOR gave the illusion through itts spaceflight.

Not a fan of this myself.

I know the hurdles to making a seemless world in todays graphic dependent world but IMO they should of went with the more traditional server model with zones.  However I wont let that or a lack of housing derail any future fun from an MMO I think will be a really good game.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    If you want to update the post and perhaps include links, we can sticky this.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Here is a link to one of the better gameplay experience writeups I have seen so far..

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2012/10/gameplay-impressions/

• MercArcherMercArcher Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Amana
    If you want to update the post and perhaps include links, we can sticky this.

Sure. I'll work on making it nice and facny. Should take an hour or two to find the links to everything.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    So wait a minute.

If you are in cyrodil and your loosing you can swap to another shard where you are winning?

Or if you're a particularly nefarious guild you could flood one shard with low level alts if the other factions while half you guild goes in with their mains to farm?
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I don't mind zones where there's only 1 copy like gw2 or warhammer (or wow actually, its not a completely seamless world).

I don't like this sharding thing at all.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SLp0ykvotEI

First impression from a person.

Talks about the graphics and combat and megserver..ect.. Went in thinking just WoW with some TES but left really impressed from the sound of it.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SLp0ykvotEI

First impression from a person.

Talks about the graphics and combat and megserver..ect.. Went in thinking just WoW with some TES but left really impressed from the sound of it.

I'd rather say GW2 with TES lore and world. But it's still not enough, not nearly. It needed to be a sandbox.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

Here is a link to one of the better gameplay experience writeups I have seen so far..

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2012/10/gameplay-impressions/

Yeah i agree, mmorpg.com even left out one of the most important features in their first preview write up. 

I had to get the info off Zam.

"Speaking of ninjas, fans of Sneak in Elder Scrolls will be happy to know that a very similar ability is available to all characters. Hit C and you crouch, turning your reticule into an eye with an initial 3 second cool down before you are fully stealthed. As you move, you use up Endurance, to encourage strategic choices of when to pause and look around shiftily. Detection is shown through the iconic widening eye deployed so memorably in the single player RPG predecessors of TESO"

How could you miss this or not include it in your write up.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Everyone can sneak, however it drains stamina. it's actually Endurance

Potions have cooldowns.

Dungeons are plentyful.

Party size is 4 players.

23 different PvP Ranks.

"Alliance points" are the PvP "experience/currency"

You won't be in the same cyrodill as everyone else. You will be part of a "campaign"  either as an individual or as a guild.

Keep upgrades happen automatically in PvP, although you can assign guard types/locations manually.

Guilds can own keeps

Guilds recieve notification when their owned keep is under attack including number of attackers.

Ok props for trying but it's a bit all over the place.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Action reticule combat is in, but you can use hard traditional tab targeting.  - apparently that's because at the moment the transition from the old tab-target system to the new reticle-target system is not complete. What I read in some of the various previews around the web is that the tab-targeting system will be (according to ZOS statements) completely removed. There might be a soft targeting systme though, with the purpose of only illuminating the selected target  - sort of a visula cue for group-related assignments.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Galadourn

Action reticule combat is in, but you can use hard traditional tab targeting.  - apparently that's because at the moment the transition from the old tab-target system to the new reticle-target system is not complete. What I read in some of the various previews around the web is that the tab-targeting system will be (according to ZOS statements) completely removed. There might be a soft targeting systme though, with the purpose of only illuminating the selected target  - sort of a visula cue for group-related assignments.

According to this interview with Firor, they are trying to make the combat an aimed system, with no lockons for anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjA1vN_a6u0

I'll believe it when I see it, but if he's willing to put that out there on camera, +1 for him.

(For reference, Matt Firor's current TESO score is -8999)

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Entinerint
    Originally posted by Galadourn

According to this interview with Firor, they are trying to make the combat an aimed system, with no lockons for anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjA1vN_a6u0

I'll believe it when I see it, but if he's willing to put that out there on camera, +1 for him.

(For reference, Matt Firor's current TESO score is -8999)

From what I've gathered from the "new info" the target system pretty much has only one major problem atm, you cant hit/cast on enemies if there's a friendly blocking the reticule. All they have to do is make friendly players transparent for the targeting system and it's pretty much there.

Though I'm very interested how it exactly plays out. Is it just a cheap system where you have the enemy "tabbed" while your reticule is over it and otherwise it plays like the traditional system, or do you really have to pinpoint target so that your arrow truly hits the knee if you aim on the knee and not just home to the center of the target as if tabbed.