Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO or Vanguard SoH

2»

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Ferrium
     (in the sense that everyone knows eachother, not player base),
    In that case, go with "smaller is better".

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by Khaeros

I would have said Vanguard right off the bat.

After the F2P conversion though, Vanguard didn't seem to get as many players back in as I'd hoped, and it's still very buggy.  Add to that the state of the dev team (which still seems like a joke) and it's still a bad game.

I want to suggest Vanguard because deep down I know it's a game built on really neat concepts.  However, the execution (and maintainence) of the game is so horrible that I can't realistlcally suggest it to anyone except people who are already really invested into the game or who are masochists that love interacting with bugs.

LotRO has an active dev team, some neat content, and has a much more lively community than current Vanguard.  Plus, it has fewer bugs.  LotRO has some glaring problems, but if it were a choice between LotRO and Vanguard, LotRO wins hands down.

People who suggest Vanguard are probably reminiscing about their past with the game, but I am writing this from a current perspective.  Currently, you'll have more fun in LotRO.

I currently play Vanguard, both Lotro and Vanguard are good games, i find there are more things to do in Vanguard, Crafting is better and diplomacy is a nice change. Vanguard has a more open world.   But both are good and I advise the op to try both as they are "F2P"

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

One thing I'd like to comment on, the restrictions of some of the Vanguard classes. Only to level 20, while that is true, 20 levels in vanguard takes very, very much longer to reach, than your standard mmorpg.

Therefor if you reach level 20, there must be something about the game you like, or else you wouldn't spend that much time to get to level 20. And if you did choose one of the classes that is restricted to only 20, it may be worth to sub. After all you spent many many hours reaching 20.

Clumsy written, but I think you understand where I am going.