Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do you play Elder Scrolls games? [Poll]

13»

Comments

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    For the same reasons I love sandbox games since image David Braben's Elite & 200+ hours on my first Skyrim character says it all image

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    OP you need a "All of the above" selection. Skyrim is just too f'ing awesome image. I adopted a kid that uses her dagger on the target dummy in her room! Im one proud Daddy! image

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Trudge34
    One word: Freedom.

This

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by AdamTM
    the poll broke so here it is again

50% out of 108 votes for exploration.

CASE PROVEN!

Yet when you look through the thread you will see a reason that is not in the poll, being Freedom to do what you want, is largely represented in the posts.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Wandering about for me too. I'm not really into the quests.

For some reason I didn't like oblivion at all. Skyrim brought back much if the Morrowind goodness. I think the thing was Morrowind and skyrim were more strange, you felt like you were in a different world, oblivion was more generic.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Combat wise I only enjoy playing sneaking archers / stabby dudes

I cant get into the frontal melee combat at all. Although skyrim it ain't too bad.

Heavy magic use enjoyed in Morrowind, do not like in oblivion or skyrim because the cumbersome console UI gets in the way.

The open world and the mob ai are the strengths of tes. I'm actually glad they are changing the combat in the mmo.
  • bamdorfbamdorf Member UncommonPosts: 150

I agree with several posters that it is the whole of the TES thing that is important.   Leave somehing out, it would be less.   Sort of like Salieri thinking about a Mozart compostion and saying that if a single note was lost there would be diminishment.

I had one impression from Skyrim that I had not experienced before.    I actually starting caring about certain NPCs.    Some I could do a quest for and fix their problem....some I could not.    Kind of like real life, in a way.     I suppose that goes under Immersion.

---------------------------
    Rose-lipped maidens,
    Light-foot lads...

• DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

All the sexy unique loot.  to hoard.

And in skyrim, GEMSSSSSSS

• 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by AdamTM

I would have thought Numen would have gotten more votes...

Me too, tbh...because that's what makes a great sandbox, lasting changes to the gameworld and player created content!