Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Character Creation Screens

2»

Comments

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Silok
    Originally posted by guin10

Can anyone explain me why mmorpg team don't create a new forum for FF XIV: A Realm Reborn? 

Dont know and the question has been asking alots of times. You can try to ask the staff of this site directly but i doubt they will answer...There are silent like a tomb about this....

Actually, I'd say just PM MikeB.  He's pretty good about answering and these forums are his "baby".

Bill and I just got done discussing this and we're in the process of basically retooling the current listing to reflect A Realm Reborn. It won't be a separate listing as FF14 in its current form will essentially cease to exist. In fact, it appears the logo associated with the listing has already switched over. :)

We'll archive the current reviews forum and introduce a new one once ARR goes live.

At last , thanks you, my voice has been heardimage

• TorvacTorvac Member UncommonPosts: 135

new background, new buttons and moved everything, what else is new here ? also 3 classes highlighted (2 races in the other shot), any high resoolution shots out yet ? 

fake i guess

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by umcorian
    Originally posted by halflife25

I am not going to get fooled by videos and character creation screens second time when it comes to this game. I am going to wait for release and see if i can try the beta first.

The first CE edition is already gatehring dust in store room where i throw all the useles items.

I have to say... what in previous videos could have possibily made thinking getting Final Fantasy 14 was a good idea?

I don't mean to be snippy, but was it the EPIC combat boasted from the beta gameplay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXYpvhRXASs

Fastforward a minute ten to watch awe-inspiring clash of dominance between Spawn Kill and the dreadful Sewer Mole. Watch as the player nimbly manouvers through the games seemless UI for about 5 seconds before joining the fray.  Feel the tension mount and your heart race as one blow is traded by both player and beast over a 10 second period. 

I'm sorry, but if you didn't know this game was going to suck before going in, you were watching the wrong videos and ... really... can only blame yourself. 

Yeah because when you think about FF the first thing comes to your mind is combat right? have you even played original FFXI? it was never about combat.

• CranktrainCranktrain Member Posts: 25

I think Final Fantasy has some of the best concept art I've seen from a series, and the character creation screens look nice, but until we can see some real gameplay, I can't say I'm very interested. I remember watching the first news break about APB, and getting excited, but as we saw there, a game can have the greatest character customisation in the world, and still be no fun.

I'm interested in how they're relaunching it. "A Realm Reborn" directly references the fact that their first go at FFXIV was a disaster. I hope I'm wrong, I like Final Fantasy, but I just feel that it'll be hard to make a success of this one.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Honestly the core gameplay between this and the old version most likely won't be any diffrent, party up and go mass kill packs of monsters for levels mostly. I relly don't see much in the way of diffrences other than a new UI and prettier sparkles.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468
    Is "A Realm Reborn" live now?
  • guin10guin10 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Silok
    Originally posted by guin10

Can anyone explain me why mmorpg team don't create a new forum for FF XIV: A Realm Reborn? 

Dont know and the question has been asking alots of times. You can try to ask the staff of this site directly but i doubt they will answer...There are silent like a tomb about this....

Actually, I'd say just PM MikeB.  He's pretty good about answering and these forums are his "baby".

Bill and I just got done discussing this and we're in the process of basically retooling the current listing to reflect A Realm Reborn. It won't be a separate listing as FF14 in its current form will essentially cease to exist. In fact, it appears the logo associated with the listing has already switched over. :)

We'll archive the current reviews forum and introduce a new one once ARR goes live.

Thx for the answer.  But you need to change the name, the release date and delete the old screens/videos because you will not see these olds screens/videos in FF XIV: ARR.

And I don't understand why Darkfall: Unholy Wars has its own forum. 

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by nomss
    Is "A Realm Reborn" live now?

Nope its there are in a japanese only alpha test now.

• XCmanXCman Member UncommonPosts: 10

because when they updated the graphics engine they increased the character detail, added a new Male Miq'ote and Female Roe-gedyn and additional character customization gave meaning to picking your character birthdate.  They are giving existing players the option to re-create and change their existing characters while keeping the status they already built from playing the game.

As well as showing off to potiential new players.

It's also nice to be able to see the job gear you are striving for when creating your character.  Kinda gives ya a little goal before heading down that path.