Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Neverwinter: From Table-Top to PC

13»

Comments

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    The real problem with player generated content is rewards.  No multiplayer game I know of with player generated content has ever had decent rewards to speak of which makes it fluff.  At best you get tokens which can be exchanged at some huge number for the same stuff you can get from mid grade developer generated content.  For player generated content to really matter the Dev's need to find a way to grade the content and create meaninful rewards for running it.  Not a easy task for sure.
  • jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Originally posted by udon
    The real problem with player generated content is rewards.  No multiplayer game I know of with player generated content has ever had decent rewards to speak of which makes it fluff.  At best you get tokens which can be exchanged at some huge number for the same stuff you can get from mid grade developer generated content.  For player generated content to really matter the Dev's need to find a way to grade the content and create meaninful rewards for running it.  Not a easy task for sure.

Full control over loot would be too exploitable.  Maybe they will have some sort of monster template system that includes drops.    I do agree though that how they handle this aspect of it will have a major impact on how much people use it.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Kalmarth
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by Kalmarth
    This will be a GW2 killer!

This will be a Mortal Online killer!

This will be a Hello Kitty Island Adventure Killer !

LOL Mortal Online was never alive. They are now begging for donations after going gold almost 3 years.

Anyways I continue to play NWN mods and replay the campaign often trying out different multi class builds.

I am really looking forward to this game.